Afghan woman strangled to death after giving birth to daughter

They have been patriariachal societies since way before Islam. Islam didn't make them any better or any worse...

The are evil because they are evil...not because they're Muslims

Sure... whatever you say .

:cuckoo:
Whatever"?.......that's all ya got?........it's a fact that the mistreatment of women in societies that became Muslim was going on way before they became Muslim.

I know it's inconvenient to the very simple notion that Muslims are evil because they're Muslim.

Fact

You can not tell me that Islam is kind to women.... and I NEVER said Muslims were all bad.
There are millions of them here in America that make me very proud to call Americans.
There are some very patriotic folks among them. They come here and work hard to achieve the American dream. I love them... all of them.
I however I hate the ones who come here and want us to change our constitution to suit their religion and that just can not happen!

So No.... not all Muslims are bad you idiot... I know that, and frankly so do you.
You just want to lump the zealots in with my side of the political aisle and I wont stand for it.

Exactly why we should have went in and killed the Taliban, destroyed their ability to ever strike us again, and then get the fawk out. Then just DARE them to try it again.

We cant keep trying to win the hearts and minds of 12th century dumb asses.
It never works.

Indeed, every day our decision to nation build in Afghanistan looks like a disaster, all these gains in womens rights will be flushed right down the toilet when we leave because Karzai and his stooges, the ones we are propping up, don't see much more use for women than the Taliban do.
C' mom HG...you're a reasonable man....look it up....they were horrible to women before Islam was even a religion.

Duhhh.... its a cultural thing dude!
Their religion does however condone the evil behavior the men inflict on women and YOU KNOW IT!

Exactly why we should have went in and killed the Taliban, destroyed their ability to ever strike us again, and then get the fawk out. Then just DARE them to try it again.

It never works.

Indeed, every day our decision to nation build in Afghanistan looks like a disaster, all these gains in womens rights will be flushed right down the toilet when we leave because Karzai and his stooges, the ones we are propping up, don't see much more use for women than the Taliban do.
C' mom HG...you're a reasonable man....look it up....they were horrible to women before Islam was even a religion.

I don't know how Afghanistan was before Islam but I do know Afghanistan was a decent, secular country for the most part in the 1960's and 1970's, it wasn't until the Soviet Invasion and the country was flooded with Islamic Militants did it all go to hell, back in the 60's and 70's Afghanistan had women in college, women working side by side with men in the work force and the burqa was NOT a requirement, the people's grandparents in Afghanistan lived a much freer safer lifestyle than the people who currently reside there now.

100527_19-Afghanistan-148.jpg

schoolgirlsinkabul1960s.jpg

100527_3-Afghanistan-62.jpg

They have been patriariachal societies since way before Islam. Islam didn't make them any better or any worse...

The are evil because they are evil...not because they're Muslims

Whatever"?.......that's all ya got?........it's a fact that the mistreatment of women in societies that became Muslim was going on way before they became Muslim.

I know it's inconvenient to the very simple notion that Muslims are evil because they're Muslim.

Fact

If what you are saying is true that means its actually WORSE than we thought, because even if Islam did not exist the women there would be subjugated, which means later down the road if Islam tries to go down a more secular path, their cultural norms will not let them.:(

Fact

If what you are saying is true that means its actually WORSE than we thought, because even if Islam did not exist the women there would be subjugated, which means later down the road if Islam tries to go down a more secular path, their cultural norms will not let them.:(

Exactly! :clap2:

It never works.

And half a million rapes a year in the U.S. a year is treating women nice?

Jon Stewart Takes On 30 Republicans Who Voted Against Franken Rape Amendment

Jon Stewart Takes On 30 Republicans Who Voted Against Franken Rape Amendment (VIDEO)

How did this turn into a hack liberal conservative thing?

Alright ill bite... lets boil this down to what it is all really about. Sex and male dominated power. It has zero to do with liberals and conservatives.
It has everything to do with liberals and conservatives.

I lived in the middle east with Muslims, and the more fundamentalist they get, the more they act like American Christian social fundementalists. One guy I spoke with in Syria who supports Hezzbolah siad it like this...."American liberals are against God, and they approve of gays, and divorce." Islamic fundemntalists hate American liberals way more than they hate American conservatives.

American Christian social fundementalists are not 'conservative' in the way you are trying to portray them.
They are whackos.... just plain stupid people.

Politically conservative does not mean you are a religious zealot. It means ya want less gov't intrusion in your life (to be simple about it)

You are trying to connect us politically conservative people with those animals in the Mid East so you can try to vilify us.... well screw you buddy. Im hip to it
:fu:
You'r not hip to anything. I bet you twenty bucks you've never lived with Muslims in the middle east, and everything you know you get from American media, especially the Christian social fundemntalist media.

Christians who vote for Republicans and believe Rush, Fox, Drudge, Bretbart and so on....are NOT "conservatives". Conservatism applies to fiscal matters, and Barry Goldwater or Dwight Eisenhower are examples of conservitives.

Ronald Reagan was a big government spender who exploded the deficit with defense spending, and he allowed Falwell and Robertson, Christian fundamentalists into positions of influence with the government. At that point, American fiscal conservatism began to die.

Goerge Bush completed the transition to Christian social fundamentalism. Bush and Reagan spent as much as one could. There hasn't been a Tea Party/911/Christian President yet...and what you'll find if one is elected...is that they're just big spending Christian Republicans...not conservatives.

Jon Stewart Takes On 30 Republicans Who Voted Against Franken Rape Amendment (VIDEO)
You're totally missing the point.....they were like this before they were Muslims. So it's not Islam that made them this way.

Fact

You're not getting it......I'm not defending abuse of women whether is't cultural or religious doctrine.

I'm saying Islam didn't cause a culture of abuse, it just didn't seem to stop it in the more conservative fundamentalist backwater countries.

You're totally missing the point.....they were like this before they were Muslims. So it's not Islam that made them this way.

I see, sorry.

You fuckin hack, they don't record rapes in those third world Middle Eastern shit holes so there is nothig to compare it to, women definently have it better off in the US than any country in the ME so don't even try to go there.:eusa_hand:

Fact

You're not getting it......I'm not defending abuse of women whether is't cultural or religious doctrine.

I'm saying Islam didn't cause a culture of abuse, it just didn't seem to stop it in the more conservative fundamentalist backwater countries.

I didn't say you were defending the abuse but you are telling me that the people in that region are just this way regardless of religion, and thats not a good sign because that means even if you manage to get them to separate their religion from their politics, womens rights will still not go anywhere.

I don't know how Afghanistan was before Islam but I do know Afghanistan was a decent, secular country for the most part in the 1960's and 1970's, it wasn't until the Soviet Invasion and the country was flooded with Islamic Militants did it all go to hell, back in the 60's and 70's Afghanistan had women in college, women working side by side with men in the work force and the burqa was NOT a requirement, the people's grandparents in Afghanistan lived a much freer safer lifestyle than the people who currently reside there now.
Prior to 1950, Afganistan and Iran were quite conservative, and Afghanistan underweant it's own secular 60's type liberal revolution in the 60's. So did Iran around that time, but conservative religious fundementalists starting resenting what resembled American hippy behavior in thier eyes. Women going around without Birkas, going to school!...then they became commies, and the religious fundamentalists went crazy, and we armed them.

I didn't say you were defending the abuse but you are telling me that the people in that region are just this way regardless of religion, and thats not a good sign because that means even if you manage to get them to separate their religion from their politics, womens rights will still not go anywhere.
Probably......and it's yet another reason to NOT be a part of thier lives.

You fuckin hack, they don't record rapes in those third world Middle Eastern shit holes so there is nothig to compare it to, women definently have it better off in the US than any country in the ME so don't even try to go there.:eusa_hand:
Exactly....because as a culture, they don't think they're doing anything wrong, and they've been doing that forever because they're backwater hicks, not because ther Q'uran says to.

I thought this thread was about violence aganst women. So they don't keep stats but you know they have it better in America?

Afghanistan, and theat whole "stan" part of the world have been brutal patriarichies since way before Islam became a thing. In fact, Birkas and hajibs predate Islam.

Islam didn't make them into dickheads, they were always that way. The problem is they're conservatives. Liberals in that part of the world are the ones that don't want to live in the dark ages.

Alright ill bite... lets boil this down to what it is all really about. Sex and male dominated power. It has zero to do with liberals and conservatives.

I lived in the middle east with Muslims, and the more fundamentalist they get, the more they act like American Christian social fundementalists. One guy I spoke with in Syria who supports Hezzbolah siad it like this...."American liberals are against God, and they approve of gays, and divorce." Islamic fundemntalists hate American liberals way more than they hate American conservatives.

oh please.

islam is about sex, power and control. End of story.

Fact

You can not tell me that Islam is kind to women.... and I NEVER said Muslims were all bad.
There are millions of them here in America that make me very proud to call Americans.
There are some very patriotic folks among them. They come here and work hard to achieve the American dream. I love them... all of them.
I however I hate the ones who come here and want us to change our constitution to suit their religion and that just can not happen!

So No.... not all Muslims are bad you idiot... I know that, and frankly so do you.
You just want to lump the zealots in with my side of the political aisle and I wont stand for it.
Islam doesn't do anything to women. Some Muslims abuse women because they're ass holes.

I never accused you of saying all Muslims are bad.

There aren't any Muslims in the US proposing changes to our consitution based on their religious laws.

Also....take a deep breath....you don't want to blow a gasket...

oh please.

islam is about sex, power and control. End of story.
Who are the Muslims that told you that?

I thought this thread was about violence aganst women. So they don't keep stats but you know they have it better in America?

Lets see, in the US women can vote, drive a car, have a job, and pretty much what she wants without the help of a man. In backwards Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc women have pretty much no say so in anything cannot get a job, vote or even go anywhere without a mans say so, so yeah ass wipe, I would say women have it 10000 times better in the US than pretty much any Muslim country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back