Affleck Sorry For Censoring Family Slave Past

The only thing he's sorry about is that it came out and his "white privilege" was shot to hell

This idea about inherited wealth and privilege from one’s ancestors is fallacious. Just because one’s ancestors were wealthy does not mean that one will be. Fortunes are made and lost. There is a saying that goes, “ The first generation makes the fortune, the second generation maintains it and the third generation loses it. One is much more likely to inherit poverty than wealth, it is much easier to do.
Tell that to the Rockefellers. Family money puts you ahead of the curve.

You are only more likely to inherit poverty because most people are not filthy rich.

The only thing he's sorry about is that it came out and his "white privilege" was shot to hell

This idea about inherited wealth and privilege from one’s ancestors is fallacious. Just because one’s ancestors were wealthy does not mean that one will be. Fortunes are made and lost. There is a saying that goes, “ The first generation makes the fortune, the second generation maintains it and the third generation loses it. One is much more likely to inherit poverty than wealth, it is much easier to do.

You are only more likely to inherit poverty because most people are not filthy rich.

Sure some families manage to hold on to their wealth, but check it out and you find there are many families that once were wealthy but now are not. Those wealthy families that do smart things can manage to keep their money, but those that think life is a constant party will in the end find out that is not. The same applies to working class people of all races. Those that manage to save some money will be better off than those that don’t.

And no one is responsibly for the actions of their ancestors; to feel guilt or shame for that is not silly but un-American . The constitution prohibits any law based on the corruption of blood. In other words no one is not responsible for the actions of others, not even parents.

Last edited:

Sure some families manage to hold on to their wealth, but check it out and you find there are many families that once were wealthy but now are not. Those wealthy families that do smart things can manage to keep their money, but those that think life is a constant party will in the end find out that is not. The same applies to working class people of all races. Those that manage to save some money will be better off than those that don’t.

And no one is responsibly for the actions of their ancestors; to feel guilt or shame for that is not silly but un-American . The constitution prohibits any law based on the corruption of blood. In other words no one is not responsible for the actions of others, not even parents.
Obviously you dont get it. Once you are wealthy you have the knowledge and ability to recreate your wealth again. Take Trump for example. He has lost his fortune a couple of times. However, he has the knowledge, privilege, and work ethic to regain it.

I agree no one should feel shame or guilt but I feel there should be some responsibility.

He is a sorry person

His movies should be shunned he thinks he has a right to censor information.
Why? I think he was ashamed and didn't want people to kmow. He is not responsible for his ancestors. Yes, he does have the right to censor information.

Obviously you dont get it. Once you are wealthy you have the knowledge and ability to recreate your wealth again. Take Trump for example. He has lost his fortune a couple of times. However, he has the knowledge, privilege, and work ethic to regain it.

I agree no one should feel shame or guilt but I feel there should be some responsibility.

We all have the same responsibility towards others regardless who our ancestors were. We should treat everyone with dignity and respect and the way we would want to be treated ourselves , for we are all the children of God.

All Trump has is connections and a comb, and the connections are inherited. Connections will get you "far" but on his own I doubt Donald Trump could think his own way out of a paper bag.

You clearly don't understand white privilege. I have family members who owned slaves 150 years ago. As a result, my family probably has a greater accumulation of wealth that has been passed down from one generation to the next than did the families of those slaves. That is part of why inequalities still exist in modern society. Some people's ancestors started with nothing and those families still have little more than nothing; some people's families started with a lot, and those families hand down inheritances to their kids.

Derp. Herpa Derp Derp Derp.

You clearly don't understand white privilege. I have family members who owned slaves 150 years ago. As a result, my family probably has a greater accumulation of wealth that has been passed down from one generation to the next than did the families of those slaves. That is part of why inequalities still exist in modern society. Some people's ancestors started with nothing and those families still have little more than nothing; some people's families started with a lot, and those families hand down inheritances to their kids.

Derp. Herpa Derp Derp Derp.

Idiot

Forum List

Back