Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
Don't Ask, no questions. Don't ask "why the pastor gotta have a new jet?"

Last edited:
Hey, that's only a fraction of what Obama spent on re-election,
while his constituents still live in poverty:

Dr. Cornel West on Obama Rockefeller Republican In Blackface CBS Atlanta

Known activist and educator, Dr. Cornel West, made appearance with Tavis Smiley on “Democracy Now” hosted by Amy Goodman. While he was on the show, he criticize President Obama the way he is leading this country. He says” . . . I think that it’s morally obscene and spiritually profane to spend $6 billion on an election, $2 billion on a presidential election, and not have any serious discussion — poverty, trade unions being pushed against the wall dealing with stagnating and declining wages when profits are still up and the 1 percent are doing very well, no talk about drones dropping bombs on innocent people,” West also made comments about Al Sharpton and Harris-Perry by calling them sellouts.

NOTE: I heard the more accurate total was 2 billion that Obama spent on re-election.
Including a 15 million loan from BOA. Why not microlend to build campuses for
accessible education, health care and social services in every state?
Example: http www.houstonprogressive.org
Sample plans for reforming public housing into sustainable campus jobs
to break the cycle of poverty and get people off welfare. although this passed in 1994 as part of HUD reforms, these plans have NEVER BEEN FUNDED while Black Democrats have spent millions of dollars running for office.

Why spend millions if not billions to get elected and then have no money to fund social programs being lobbied for in the first place. Why not invest there directly, and have political parties and leaders put their money where their mouths are!

Why spend millions if not billions to get elected and then have no money to fund social programs being lobbied for in the first place. Why not invest there directly, and have political parties and leaders put their money where their mouths are!

What sort of "investment" do you have in mind?

Forum List

Back