Admit it: GOP has no plans to help anyone except the rich and corporations

It will make the people independent of government and you. When the people no longer need government, you and the left will become obsolete.

But that is what your fighting to prevent, isn't it?

When people don't need clean air, clean water, electricity, sewers, safety standards, a military and so on, then we can live in the Republican "every man for himself" utopia they imagine somehow actually works.

Apparently if the country isn't inhabited by people who are 100% self-sufficient, the GOP platform won't work.

Step AWAY from the Yellow Tail....

WE THE TAXPAYERS already GIVE ENOUGH to take care of those who as you like to say, aren't self sufficient...It's come down to the point where we can't AFFORD anymore to TAKE CARE of our families...I'm pretty sure a lot of people are sick of being accused of not CARING for others...you all can go to hell

Can't spell trickle down without "trick".

Well now, aren't you brilliant?
Can't spell democrat without "rat". <---- Look, that is just as dumb as the quoted post.

Yes but it was at least on topic and relevant to the discussion. The joke was on people such as yourself who watched as our future prosperity trickled to China while praising the free market.

Obviously you are clairvoyant since you can see into the future. PM me the power-ball numbers that are going to be drawn next Wednesday.

Well now, aren't you brilliant?
Can't spell democrat without "rat". <---- Look, that is just as dumb as the quoted post.

Yes but it was at least on topic and relevant to the discussion. The joke was on people such as yourself who watched as our future prosperity trickled to China while praising the free market.

Obviously you are clairvoyant since you can see into the future. PM me the power-ball numbers that are going to be drawn next Wednesday.

That these countries are doing so well making our consumer crap is proof enough. We should make our own crap, more consumers that way.

Come on USMB right wingers, admit it. Just come out and admit it. The GOP has no plans to help anyone except the rich and corporations.

We know what they want to do to the:

Poor
Middle Class
Women
Minorities
Unemployed
Elderly

It's not about about "redistribution of wealth, but about resource organization. Besides, the wealth has already been "redistributed" to the "needy" top 1%.

But how will what they want to do actually help the country?

How is destroying the rich and corporations going to help any of those groups?

Lets not get carried away with the exaggerations.

IMHO the best match of tax rates and spending limits ($2T) was under Clinton. Returning to the Clinton Rates would NOT destroy one rich person or Corporation. It would lead to prosperity again if the dumb coxuckers would grow a pair and cut spending to where it should be.
The problem is, when you ask a progressive the question, "Do we really need this?" and then hold up a program that wastes 500 billion on nothing, they just can't bring themselves to part with it.

Or any program for that matter. It is beyond time we started asking ourselves, can we get by without it?

Come on USMB right wingers, admit it. Just come out and admit it. The GOP has no plans to help anyone except the rich and corporations.

Poor
Middle Class
Women
Minorities
Unemployed
Elderly

It's not about about "redistribution of wealth, but about resource organization. Besides, the wealth has already been "redistributed" to the "needy" top 1%.

Pure Horse shit. Republicans want to Help the Economy, Which will help us all.

You really need to stop recycling these same BS talking Points.

Admit it: GOP has no plans to help anyone except the rich and corporations

Poor
Middle Class
Women
Minorities
Unemployed
Elderly

For once you are correct Rdean :lol:

We all want to make Billionaires into Trillionaires

Heck, I have resorted to eating Rice and Oatmeal every single day, just so I could help the 1% by sending them extra money.

When people don't need clean air, clean water, electricity, sewers, safety standards, a military and so on, then we can live in the Republican "every man for himself" utopia they imagine somehow actually works.

Apparently if the country isn't inhabited by people who are 100% self-sufficient, the GOP platform won't work.

The social safety nets will be disbanded under a real "conservative" government. So if you can't support yourself, apparently there is nothing else built into the system to lend itself toward your support. This is the goal of the GOP.

While that is true; the GOP is big on faith based initiatives. Why we can't have both is something that is a mystery. Surely we don't need another bomber wing, another fleet of submarines that will be obsolete in a few years having never fired much of it's ordinance in anger, another squadron of air superiority fighters that will replace the already far-superior fighters we've built.

The GOP has no plan for anything or anyone. Period.

Republicans are clueless has how to address unemployment and the economy overall. That’s why electing Romney or giving majority control of Congress to republicans is pointless as far as the economy is concerned and dangerous with regard to our civil liberties.

Hence the mindless deflections on the part of House leadership, to contrive political controversies and appease the rightist base.

The social safety nets will be disbanded under a real "conservative" government. So if you can't support yourself, apparently there is nothing else built into the system to lend itself toward your support. This is the goal of the GOP.

While that is true; the GOP is big on faith based initiatives. Why we can't have both is something that is a mystery. Surely we don't need another bomber wing, another fleet of submarines that will be obsolete in a few years having never fired much of it's ordinance in anger, another squadron of air superiority fighters that will replace the already far-superior fighters we've built.

Someday in the not too distant future, the government will have enough giveaways that nobody will need to work. :eek:

don't you know, the Gop wants to kill off those who aren't self-sufficient..

good grief

The GOP has no plan for anything or anyone. Period.

Republicans are clueless has how to address unemployment and the economy overall. That’s why electing Romney or giving majority control of Congress to republicans is pointless as far as the economy is concerned and dangerous with regard to our civil liberties.

Hence the mindless deflections on the part of House leadership, to contrive political controversies and appease the rightist base.

What? :cuckoo:
Geeeze what echo chamber did you just come out of.

That these countries are doing so well making our consumer crap is proof enough. We should make our own crap, more consumers that way.

The US is still the largest manufacturer of goods in the world. Despite the fact that both India and China have 3X our population, we still out-produce both of them.
Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Kia, Volkswagen, Hyundai have all outsourced some of their manufacturing out of their country and into the USA. And those are just the automobile manufacturers.

How would liberals survive without consant coddling? Give me. Do for me. Take care of me. Feed me. Give me drugs. Give me entertainment.

It's get off your ass and take care of yourself. The world does not owe you a living.

Someday in the not too distant future, the government will have enough giveaways that nobody will need to work. :eek:

I doubt that will happen. But seriously, we need to really address what type of country we want and work toward making that happen. Elections are touchstones along the way but more often than not, the vote is against one candidate than they are pro-the-other-guy/gal. I don't think we need the Corporation for Public Broadcasting any more than we need the items I mentioned--the bomber wings, the VA class sub, etc...

I understand the vitriol to make sure that a certain segment does not get anything that they didn't earn so lets look at it like this:

The millions upon millions that we could save by not building these un-needed items can be spent better making sure our soldiers transition well to the private sector, making sure that they have enough body armor while in theater, making sure that the families of those who paid the ultimate price are taken care of financially.

If there is one thing I would actually call the redistribution of wealth it is the unregulated stock market and banking businesses. When you allow them to make shitty loans to themselves in order to make bullshit businesses, and then pitch those bullshit businesses and investments that buy up crappy loans so the poor people pay for the banks to hand money over to the rich who will never pay it back, that is blatantly funneling the savings and retirement of the poor and middle class to the rich. When you have companies like Bain Capital who buy up smaller and competitive businesses, sell off any profitable assets to their rich business friends, and then tank the competitive smaller businesses so the rich businesses do not have competition that is redistribution of wealth from small and mid level businesses to the rich.

Giving some person with no money 200 dollars in food, some assistance making the rent and paying for utilities like electricity and heat, and medical care that consists of the cheapest solutions like pain killers to make your death a little more comfortable instead of actual cures is not redistribution of wealth. That is called giving the poor just enough so they do not rise up and kill the rich people. No one got rich because of welfare. Hell, you are not even allowed to have your own bank account or assets like land you could sell if you want welfare.

The redistribution of wealth said to exist by the republicans is a huge lie with no basis in reality. The real redistribution of wealth has been proven by the growing difference in wealth between the lower and middle class and the shrinking number of exceptionally wealthy people. I cannot even believe despite the fact numbers show the wealthy are getting fewer and more wealthy and the poor are getting more numerous and poorer that anyone with two neurons to rub together could even buy the load of crap the republicans shovel in this regard without their brain burrowing out of their ears. It is amazing how stupid republicans can be in ignoring the obvious.

If there is one thing I would actually call the redistribution of wealth it is the unregulated stock market and banking businesses. When you allow them to make shitty loans to themselves in order to make bullshit businesses, and then pitch those bullshit businesses and investments that buy up crappy loans so the poor people pay for the banks to hand money over to the rich who will never pay it back, that is blatantly funneling the savings and retirement of the poor and middle class to the rich. When you have companies like Bain Capital who buy up smaller and competitive businesses, sell off any profitable assets to their rich business friends, and then tank the competitive smaller businesses so the rich businesses do not have competition that is redistribution of wealth from small and mid level businesses to the rich.

Giving some person with no money 200 dollars in food, some assistance making the rent and paying for utilities like electricity and heat, and medical care that consists of the cheapest solutions like pain killers to make your death a little more comfortable instead of actual cures is not redistribution of wealth. That is called giving the poor just enough so they do not rise up and kill the rich people. No one got rich because of welfare. Hell, you are not even allowed to have your own bank account or assets like land you could sell if you want welfare.

The redistribution of wealth said to exist by the republicans is a huge lie with no basis in reality. The real redistribution of wealth has been proven by the growing difference in wealth between the lower and middle class and the shrinking number of exceptionally wealthy people. I cannot even believe despite the fact numbers show the wealthy are getting fewer and more wealthy and the poor are getting more numerous and poorer that anyone with two neurons to rub together could even buy the load of crap the republicans shovel in this regard without their brain burrowing out of their ears. It is amazing how stupid republicans can be in ignoring the obvious.

Wow...clueless.....

The Warren court, he said, failed to “break free from the essential constraints” in the U.S. Constitution and launch a major redistribution of wealth. But Obama, then an Illinois state lawmaker, said the legislative branch of government, rather than the courts, probably was the ideal avenue for accomplishing that goal.

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it’s been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

Obama rips U.S. Constitution

You abjectly dismissed fraulein.

If a lot of people on welfare don't like the meager existence on it, then they go find a JOB..that was the original purpose of welfare, to get you by in between jobs, not a damn WAY OF LIFE..

Forum List

Back