CDZ Actual 1%/Mythical 1%/Wannabe 1%

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Since millionaires are roughly the top 0.1% and billionaires about the top 0.0001% the mythical 1% is a much smaller fraction of the population than is implied and much of what is thought to be the 1% due to gross income are not part of the 1% by any measure.

Hollywood is the epi-center of the wannabe world followed closely by Nashville, San Francisco/San Jose and NYC. These are areas filled with people who live paycheck to paycheck on six or even seven figure incomes. But the wannabes congregate in areas where there are actual members of the 1% in hopes of becoming trophy mates. With internal and international tax flight cracks are occurring in this eco-system. What do you expect to see happen and how fast?

Now that is interesting and a tough call. Allow me to explain. An old man marries arm candy and then dies shifting his wealth to another gender. Arm candy now wealthy but beyond her prime becomes a dating cougar but does not marry and if she does then she does not shift the wealth.

Wealth shift via marriage is a very one sided affair and I would expect level one step one wealthy to view and treat level one step two wealthy much the same.

Now that is interesting and a tough call. Allow me to explain. An old man marries arm candy and then dies shifting his wealth to another gender. Arm candy now wealthy but beyond her prime becomes a dating cougar but does not marry and if she does then she does not shift the wealth.

Wealth shift via marriage is a very one sided affair and I would expect level one step one wealthy to view and treat level one step two wealthy much the same.

That's the sort of response I need. My problem being that since I had problems the last two weeks:
pollen and overdoing it at the gym I heard my wife gasping for breath in her sleep. She is refusing to do anything more than use "breathrights". I am by no means wealthy but my 900 sq ft house is paid for and my retirement funds are slightly more than adequate. Leaving aside the fact that my wife is semi-trained, I also do not look forward to rejoining the mating scene because of what I am seeing in the meet market. I have at least one neighbor trying desperately to marry off two daughters in their twenties (looks above average, life choices in the pits) and there are probably much more than that in my larger circle of acquaintances. The only way I make the actual 1% is in home equity but at the rate my wife is refusing treatment and the mostly wannabes in my neighborhood I am worried.

That's the sort of response I need. My problem being that since I had problems the last two weeks:
pollen and overdoing it at the gym I heard my wife gasping for breath in her sleep. She is refusing to do anything more than use "breathrights". I am by no means wealthy but my 900 sq ft house is paid for and my retirement funds are slightly more than adequate. Leaving aside the fact that my wife is semi-trained, I also do not look forward to rejoining the mating scene because of what I am seeing in the meet market. I have at least one neighbor trying desperately to marry off two daughters in their twenties (looks above average, life choices in the pits) and there are probably much more than that in my larger circle of acquaintances. The only way I make the actual 1% is in home equity but at the rate my wife is refusing treatment and the mostly wannabes in my neighborhood I am worried.
What is the debt load of the daughters vs projected income? Can you afford an economic bleeder? If so what is the upside of the bleeder?

What is the debt load of the daughters vs projected income? Can you afford an economic bleeder? If so what is the upside of the bleeder?
I can afford a recovering economic bleeder but these two and many others that I know of have expensive meaningless degrees and poor economic prospects. The girls I see have outgos higher per day than the Twice monthly cost of a Nica or Tica, on the Costa Rica-Nicaraugua border. And I am not even including the girls from Mayo Clinic where Gail used to work and at least three other powder room tom-toms that will go into action if Gail dies.

I don't have any solid figures but it's a given that most people will save and accumulate money all their lives, and their reward is going to be parceling most or all of it out the medical industry; some sooner than later. I don't deny myself much in the here and now.

I'm covered by the old Mayo retiree medical insurance. I can do the co-pay and deductible out of pocket without touching capital so I will leave a modest estate. But I see few if any people outside of Churches that preach and practice the verse "Owe no man anything but love." that are actually accumulating money.

Since millionaires are roughly the top 0.1% and billionaires about the top 0.0001% the mythical 1% is a much smaller fraction of the population than is implied and much of what is thought to be the 1% due to gross income are not part of the 1% by any measure.

Hollywood is the epi-center of the wannabe world followed closely by Nashville, San Francisco/San Jose and NYC. These are areas filled with people who live paycheck to paycheck on six or even seven figure incomes. But the wannabes congregate in areas where there are actual members of the 1% in hopes of becoming trophy mates. With internal and international tax flight cracks are occurring in this eco-system. What do you expect to see happen and how fast?
Make Every Dynasty Die Nasty

The Millennials can't even brownnose to get ahead. In previous generations, the others, who didn't brownnose by living like 12-year-olds in college indentured servitude, were made to feel guilty about not conforming to that unfunded mandate. So expect a revolution against the Born to Rule brats of the rich and their unearned privileges. Those Chickenhawks better start joining the military and learning how to fight, because the next big war is going to be against them.

No war will be necessary. They'll go through mommy and daddy's money quick and then they will learn about working for a living.

Wow that sounds like my new life... I'm getting divorced because my [ex]husband is a moron. Me, in a bar, looking for a date? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm 43... Then it's like how the fuck am I going to trust or build up trust that someone will take care of me when I'm old sick at this point? They're probably just after the money so I'll get some mental illness shit, which is gonna be super expensive because of my synesthesia, and the bastard will have me declared incompetent, take everything and fuck me over... Also what the hell age range am I looking at anymore these days, I just got my little bastards out of the house and told them they weren't allowed to make grandchildren until /they/ were 40, no way I want to deal with some guy who has kid(s) or some guy who wants kids. So I mean I'm looking at the 50+ crowd and how many of those old fuckers are going to be able to keep it up? It's just shitty all around...

Wow that sounds like my new life... I'm getting divorced because my [ex]husband is a moron. Me, in a bar, looking for a date? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm 43... Then it's like how the fuck am I going to trust or build up trust that someone will take care of me when I'm old sick at this point? They're probably just after the money so I'll get some mental illness shit, which is gonna be super expensive because of my synesthesia, and the bastard will have me declared incompetent, take everything and fuck me over... Also what the hell age range am I looking at anymore these days, I just got my little bastards out of the house and told them they weren't allowed to make grandchildren until /they/ were 40, no way I want to deal with some guy who has kid(s) or some guy who wants kids. So I mean I'm looking at the 50+ crowd and how many of those old fuckers are going to be able to keep it up? It's just shitty all around...

Worse for women. they are the sex in oversupply from 16 on and Women are much more likely to move overseas to find a more suitable mate but that doesn't work for men.

Worse for women. they are the sex in oversupply from 16 on and Women are much more likely to move overseas to find a more suitable mate but that doesn't work for men.
In truth the number of women who would move here to marry is huge! Plus you would get your prenup and a younger woman. Cost? About three thousand shipping and paperwork.

Yeah and, in conflict zones, her entire family gives thanks to God that you came along.

In truth the number of women who would move here to marry is huge! Plus you would get your prenup and a younger woman. Cost? About three thousand shipping and papers. I did

Well I figure American women are paying a very high genetic and emotional cost for the Great Inflation of 1968-82 and to a lesser degree the sexual revolution and feminism it spawned here. And the same results were seen in Europe after both world Wars.

Well I figure American women are paying a very high genetic and emotional cost for the Great Inflation of 1968-82 and to a lesser degree the sexual revolution and feminism it spawned here. And the same results were seen in Europe after both world Wars.
Women of Eastern Europe and Asia put more value into being a wife and home maker then American woman.

Women of Eastern Europe and Asia put more value into being a wife and home maker then American woman.

While true that is mostly a safety issue: unexploded munitions from as far back as WWI, unstable neighbors and greater probability of terrorist attacks. If you were a woman in Assam attacks by Bangladeshi jihadis, Burmese rebels and having China as a neighbor while the central government of India makes jokes about you being India's gooks might make geography the most attractive thing about a prospective husband. Have you looked at the costs of getting the wife's family into this country? It takes a lot of man pleasing to wheedle that kind of money.

While true that is mostly a safety issue: unexploded munitions from as far back as WWI, unstable neighbors and greater probability of terrorist attacks. If you were a woman in Assam attacks by Bangladeshi jihadis, Burmese rebels and having China as a neighbor while the central government of India makes jokes about you being India's gooks might make geography the most attractive thing about a prospective husband. Have you looked at the costs of getting the wife's family into this country? It takes a lot of man pleasing to wheedle that kind of money.
3k per plus you agree to support them for one year. Here's a deal that works. Wife puts 40 percent of what she earns toward bringing them. Before they arrive they agree to put up 40 percent of what they earn to bring others.
That way her own family invests in their own future.

Because when you have skin in the game and it's your family you tend to work a little harder and choose more careful. That is key to making it easy. Get her family involved. Because when their money and their future is on the table they will not send a screw up.

You totally crack me up! You are a writer and someone with your personality does not need to become a bar fly. My first thought is that you should be a sitcom writer you have a Roseanne Barr flavor. No way can I believe that you fear dating, you are just so up front and fun.

Forum List

Back