CDZ Actual 1%/Mythical 1%/Wannabe 1%

What were you expecting from someone who is mentally unable to experience emotions?

I think it is impossible to not have an emotional response to betrayal, and the most difficult feeling to get over. :smiliehug:
Prometheus Bound

Sounds right, but not true at all. I was one of the few who reacted to being betrayed by my parents, teachers, and the ruling class. They told me to study and get high grades, which led to my classmates treating me like a freak and a loser. So I quit studying because those who had urged me to study had led me into that instead of protecting me from it.

It was all by design, which I only figured out later after blaming my manipulated classmates at first. The plutocratic parasites extract their wealth from humiliated High IQs who have no self-respect.

Sorry to hear that.
Crushing the Seeds

You're more sorry than you're allowed to believe. Nerdbashing has deprived us of the cure for cancer and many other valuable things. The King Ape plutocratic bullies get away with it because you never know what you miss unless it is actually invented and taken away from you.

I considered most of my classmates (and teachers) to be morons, so I guess I was guilty of Apebashing. Still am.

To set down a framework by which I understand the term "one percent" as it's used in discussing a segment of society, it refers to annual household income, not wealth/net worth. In contrast, the contextual meaning of "millionaire" and "billionaire" refers to net worth/wealth, usually not including one's primary residence, though some tabulators of that statistic include one's home(s) and other non-investible assets.
  • Millionaires --> A lot of folks are millionaires, more if one includes their primary residence.

• Earn $1M+/year combined in active and passive income --> Not a lot of folks/households -- something around 250K to 500K -- earn this much income annually, fewer still earn that much in wages.

Public company executive compensation often enough provides more as non-salary compensation than it does in salary. Earnings from things like, for example, the exercise of stock options and subsequent sale of the stock purchased is voluntary. If the exec doesn't exercise the options prior to their expiration, that component of their total compensation is foregone. Executive salary, in fact, hasn't really increased all that much over the past 50 years; however non-salary compensation has skyrocketed.

• "One Percenters" --> Almost everyone knows someone who is part of a "one percent" household.

It really doesn't take much at all to be part of the "one percent." One goes to college and does well (3.6+ GPA), takes a job that has a decent career path, performs well in their job, perhaps weds someone who's done the same, earns positive returns on one's investments and savings, and "voila," 10 to 15 years later one has household income sufficient to make one a "one percenter." What's somewhat more difficult, though not by any means impossible, is being a sole breadwinner in a household and earning enough to be a "one percenter."
Since millionaires are roughly the top 0.1% and billionaires about the top 0.0001% the mythical 1% is a much smaller fraction of the population than is implied and much of what is thought to be the 1% due to gross income are not part of the 1% by any measure.
What?

With internal and international tax flight cracks are occurring in this eco-system.

Would please define what you mean by "internal tax flight" and "International tax flight?"

What do you expect to see happen and how fast?
What do I expect to see with regard to what?

What is the significance of the term "one percenter" other than than as a demagogic political concoction?

Forum List

Back