CDZ Actual 1%/Mythical 1%/Wannabe 1%

Now that is interesting and a tough call. Allow me to explain. An old man marries arm candy and then dies shifting his wealth to another gender. Arm candy now wealthy but beyond her prime becomes a dating cougar but does not marry and if she does then she does not shift the wealth.

Wealth shift via marriage is a very one sided affair and I would expect level one step one wealthy to view and treat level one step two wealthy much the same.
I'm new and I'll be popping in and out while I taste the flavor of this site. But I just wanted to tell you I love your Avatar. Bronson...man. The younger generation doesn't know about him. He wasn't a Clint or a J. Wayne or any of the pretty actors but young guys wanted to be like him, strong and quiet. Good choice.

Now that is interesting and a tough call. Allow me to explain. An old man marries arm candy and then dies shifting his wealth to another gender. Arm candy now wealthy but beyond her prime becomes a dating cougar but does not marry and if she does then she does not shift the wealth.

Wealth shift via marriage is a very one sided affair and I would expect level one step one wealthy to view and treat level one step two wealthy much the same.

That's the sort of response I need. My problem being that since I had problems the last two weeks:
pollen and overdoing it at the gym I heard my wife gasping for breath in her sleep. She is refusing to do anything more than use "breathrights". I am by no means wealthy but my 900 sq ft house is paid for and my retirement funds are slightly more than adequate. Leaving aside the fact that my wife is semi-trained, I also do not look forward to rejoining the mating scene because of what I am seeing in the meet market. I have at least one neighbor trying desperately to marry off two daughters in their twenties (looks above average, life choices in the pits) and there are probably much more than that in my larger circle of acquaintances. The only way I make the actual 1% is in home equity but at the rate my wife is refusing treatment and the mostly wannabes in my neighborhood I am worried.

Wow that sounds like my new life... I'm getting divorced because my [ex]husband is a moron. Me, in a bar, looking for a date? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm 43... Then it's like how the fuck am I going to trust or build up trust that someone will take care of me when I'm old sick at this point? They're probably just after the money so I'll get some mental illness shit, which is gonna be super expensive because of my synesthesia, and the bastard will have me declared incompetent, take everything and fuck me over... Also what the hell age range am I looking at anymore these days, I just got my little bastards out of the house and told them they weren't allowed to make grandchildren until /they/ were 40, no way I want to deal with some guy who has kid(s) or some guy who wants kids. So I mean I'm looking at the 50+ crowd and how many of those old fuckers are going to be able to keep it up? It's just shitty all around...
You totally crack me up! You are a writer and someone with your personality does not need to become a bar fly. My first thought is that you should be a sitcom writer you have a Roseanne Barr flavor. No way can I believe that you fear dating, you are just so up front and fun.

I feel I must admit I was sloshed last night and let out a bit of my flame side in that post. I'm a one of a kind for sure, sarcasm, cutting, and a personality way to big for my frame. Of course, I'm also cruel, heartless, and vicious. That's why folks tend to either hate my guts or worship me.

Thing is people on dates, and really everyone in the beginning, tend to lie and be deceptive about who they really are. Like my soon to be ex, he used to make me chocolate covered strawberries and shit. I told him to knock it the fuck off and tie*cough* ... but I mean even if I hadn't... put him in his place, there is no damn way he'd have done something like that even 6 years into it - it was just an act to try to lure me in, ya know (particularly silly for him because I bagged him on a bet with our pool league, you don't need bait on a sprung trap.) Plus when you have money there's trust issues, I need to trust that they are there for me, not my money, not this or that, ya know commitment, dedication, shit like that. If I just wanted a live in toy then I'd buy one; spoil em rotten and use em until I get bored of em. I do that with my toys anyway. Marriage though... that's something special. You can't buy that with all the money in the world.

Meh, there's just too many morons out there in bars, plus what age range are hanging out in there? 20-somethings maybe a few stray 30-somethings, maybe one throw-back 40something? Hell, the pups wouldn't know what to do with a woman like me. I need a guy who's got some experience under his belt and doesn't go dead fish when I decide to flip my all business side on it's head.

That's the sort of response I need. My problem being that since I had problems the last two weeks:
pollen and overdoing it at the gym I heard my wife gasping for breath in her sleep. She is refusing to do anything more than use "breathrights". I am by no means wealthy but my 900 sq ft house is paid for and my retirement funds are slightly more than adequate. Leaving aside the fact that my wife is semi-trained, I also do not look forward to rejoining the mating scene because of what I am seeing in the meet market. I have at least one neighbor trying desperately to marry off two daughters in their twenties (looks above average, life choices in the pits) and there are probably much more than that in my larger circle of acquaintances. The only way I make the actual 1% is in home equity but at the rate my wife is refusing treatment and the mostly wannabes in my neighborhood I am worried.

Wow that sounds like my new life... I'm getting divorced because my [ex]husband is a moron. Me, in a bar, looking for a date? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm 43... Then it's like how the fuck am I going to trust or build up trust that someone will take care of me when I'm old sick at this point? They're probably just after the money so I'll get some mental illness shit, which is gonna be super expensive because of my synesthesia, and the bastard will have me declared incompetent, take everything and fuck me over... Also what the hell age range am I looking at anymore these days, I just got my little bastards out of the house and told them they weren't allowed to make grandchildren until /they/ were 40, no way I want to deal with some guy who has kid(s) or some guy who wants kids. So I mean I'm looking at the 50+ crowd and how many of those old fuckers are going to be able to keep it up? It's just shitty all around...
You totally crack me up! You are a writer and someone with your personality does not need to become a bar fly. My first thought is that you should be a sitcom writer you have a Roseanne Barr flavor. No way can I believe that you fear dating, you are just so up front and fun.

I feel I must admit I was sloshed last night and let out a bit of my flame side in that post. I'm a one of a kind for sure, sarcasm, cutting, and a personality way to big for my frame. Of course, I'm also cruel, heartless, and vicious. That's why folks tend to either hate my guts or worship me.

Thing is people on dates, and really everyone in the beginning, tend to lie and be deceptive about who they really are. Like my soon to be ex, he used to make me chocolate covered strawberries and shit. I told him to knock it the fuck off and tie*cough* ... but I mean even if I hadn't... put him in his place, there is no damn way he'd have done something like that even 6 years into it - it was just an act to try to lure me in, ya know (particularly silly for him because I bagged him on a bet with our pool league, you don't need bait on a sprung trap.) Plus when you have money there's trust issues, I need to trust that they are there for me, not my money, not this or that, ya know commitment, dedication, shit like that. If I just wanted a live in toy then I'd buy one; spoil em rotten and use em until I get bored of em. I do that with my toys anyway. Marriage though... that's something special. You can't buy that with all the money in the world.

Meh, there's just too many morons out there in bars, plus what age range are hanging out in there? 20-somethings maybe a few stray 30-somethings, maybe one throw-back 40something? Hell, the pups wouldn't know what to do with a woman like me. I need a guy who's got some experience under his belt and doesn't go dead fish when I decide to flip my all business side on it's head.
Being alone is no damn fun. And to endanger what you have built is stupid. Better to have an understanding no matter how strange it may appear to others before. Others do not have to live with or in most cases pay for your choices. Given its a personal contract the content rests solely with the two parties and not the public as a whole.

I'm new and I'll be popping in and out while I taste the flavor of this site. But I just wanted to tell you I love your Avatar. Bronson...man. The younger generation doesn't know about him. He wasn't a Clint or a J. Wayne or any of the pretty actors but young guys wanted to be like him, strong and quiet. Good choice.
Couch-Potato Courage

Why didn't anyone imitate his character in Death Wish? Dhimmi Americans have the toughest acting roles and the wimpiest audience hypocritically cheering them on. Someone claps loudly and jumps out his chair when a Jack Nicholson character talks back to a waitress giving him poor service, then meekly submits to the same thing done to him in real life right after the movie. The ruling class designs entertainment to give the viewers false images of themselves.

Do you like yourself? Or anyone else, for that matter? (Hemmingway is not a good role model.)

Do you like yourself? Or anyone else, for that matter? (Hemmingway is not a good role model.)

current thinking is that his boxing hobby produced TBI

So far I really like you. I wish I had more time to get into what you are saying. I apologize maybe i shouldn't say anything until I do but you are intriguing. And so astute.

mmm I would agree, Hemmingway is far, far too brief with his works to fit me. I am a verbose and flowery writer of flowing analogy; ripples of euphemism interrupted by splashes of blunt realities icy bite.

Like myself? Well, yes, I happen to think I'm a good person, and a good friend to those I choose to call such. Others... well that is a bit of a tricky question. I do like some people, though for the most part I am ambivalent. You just never know if they are going to turn out to be someone worth talking to, or just another complete moron; sadly the latter is typically the case.

What were you expecting from someone who is mentally unable to experience emotions? Synesthesia might be considered a disability in that context, but I strive to match my colors to the expected emotional reaction, albeit a bit less than perfectly. There are benefits to having a heartless bitch for a friend though; after all it is not a mere flippant chemical reaction that binds me to those I chose to call my friend. I can forgive nearly every fault and any sin because I am not bound by emotional interpretations, but rather my sense of honor and devotion, of right and wrong. My friends know that if I point out they have made a mistake, then that is exactly what they have done. Those who seek me for advice know the vast library of knowledge I keep in my head, they know I will advise them logically and correctly, and if I cannot do so, I have no qualms to admit it, I will never lead them astray. There is also a unique flexibility, I don’t not become “hurt” if a friend disappears for a while, or chooses to spend more time with someone else. I don’t have jealousy, envy, hate, nor any other ‘bad’ emotion that might drive a stake into the heart of a friendship. One merely has to get used to my rather cold shoulder to find that it is always available, and always will be. I’m told there is a certain comfort in that security that cannot be found in anyone else.

Last edited:
So far I really like you. I wish I had more time to get into what you are saying. I apologize maybe i shouldn't say anything until I do but you are intriguing. And so astute.

Tis good thing I constrain my addictive charms on this particular site, it sounds like you'd be blown straight into my collection of fans ;P

Anytime you get bored/have time do feel free to start up a private conversation, I've grown so used to being mentally probed by doctors and curious folks over the past four decades that I practically consider it normal. I'm a bit of a diametric, an analogous universe perhaps; the roiling heat of a sun amid the ice box of space. heh

Couch-Potato Courage

Why didn't anyone imitate his character in Death Wish? Dhimmi Americans have the toughest acting roles and the wimpiest audience hypocritically cheering them on. Someone claps loudly and jumps out his chair when a Jack Nicholson character talks back to a waitress giving him poor service, then meekly submits to the same thing done to him in real life right after the movie. The ruling class designs entertainment to give the viewers false images of themselves.
In many ways you are correct but the image fits me. I have always been I will do it my own damn way type of person. I chose my avie to fit that line of thought. Bronson's history is one of poverty but his choices reflected him in movies and life.

He did his best to protect his privacy and did not run from a fight in his real life. If you read his bio or that of his wife Jill Ireland you will find he was both quiet and committed. Thus it fits me.

Do you like yourself? Or anyone else, for that matter? (Hemingway is not a good role model.)
current thinking is that his boxing hobby produced TBI
Sissyboys Love to Snicker at Real Men

Brain concussions from two airplane crashes crippled his ability to write and to think clearly. Rather than saying he committed suicide, it's more accurate to say that he took his own life rather than let circumstances beyond his control take it from him.

Couch-Potato Courage

In many ways you are correct but the image fits me. I have always been I will do it my own damn way type of person. I chose my avie to fit that line of thought. Bronson's history is one of poverty but his choices reflected him in movies and life.

He did his best to protect his privacy and did not run from a fight in his real life. If you read his bio or that of his wife Jill Ireland you will find he was both quiet and committed. Thus it fits me.

His KGB character in Telefon reminds me of Vladimir Putin.

Since millionaires are roughly the top 0.1% and billionaires about the top 0.0001% the mythical 1% is a much smaller fraction of the population than is implied and much of what is thought to be the 1% due to gross income are not part of the 1% by any measure.

Hollywood is the epi-center of the wannabe world followed closely by Nashville, San Francisco/San Jose and NYC. These are areas filled with people who live paycheck to paycheck on six or even seven figure incomes. But the wannabes congregate in areas where there are actual members of the 1% in hopes of becoming trophy mates. With internal and international tax flight cracks are occurring in this eco-system. What do you expect to see happen and how fast?
Top percentage of what, the world, or just the USA? If it's the USA, there are probably more millionaires than one per thousand people.

Since millionaires are roughly the top 0.1% and billionaires about the top 0.0001% the mythical 1% is a much smaller fraction of the population than is implied and much of what is thought to be the 1% due to gross income are not part of the 1% by any measure.

Hollywood is the epi-center of the wannabe world followed closely by Nashville, San Francisco/San Jose and NYC. These are areas filled with people who live paycheck to paycheck on six or even seven figure incomes. But the wannabes congregate in areas where there are actual members of the 1% in hopes of becoming trophy mates. With internal and international tax flight cracks are occurring in this eco-system. What do you expect to see happen and how fast?
Top percentage of what, the world, or just the USA? If it's the USA, there are probably more millionaires than one per thousand people.
Not significantly more, except on the internet. And the engines of poverty are increasing in frequency:

Divorce.

Taxes on capital

Reliance on leverage

Addiction;

means that former millionaires are more common than actual millionaires.

What were you expecting from someone who is mentally unable to experience emotions?

I think it is impossible to not have an emotional response to betrayal, and the most difficult feeling to get over. :smiliehug:

Heh well I was purple before now I'm totally green. I personally interpret that as "happy" now "angry" It's getting better, I'm having yellow streaks (which I generally call acceptance because I'm not sure what else to call it.) I'm not worried, I always recover and I'm an optimist so I know I'll find someone else regardless. In fact, I was planning to hit a pool table tonight. I haven't played in 10 years, it's going to be a total embarrassment with my custom cue, sure to attract some kindly gentleman to help me remember. I figure to snare me one of them "cowboys" that used to frequent the place, that'll put me in a much better frame of mind ;)

Not significantly more, except on the internet. And the engines of poverty are increasing in frequency:

Divorce.

Taxes on capital

Reliance on leverage

Addiction;

means that former millionaires are more common than actual millionaires.
A person making 100K a year can easily become a millionaire. There are lots of people that have a net worth over a million bucks.

Actually the disjoint between where $100K salaries are most common and where $100K is good money is pretty stark. The $100K salaries does not protect against the main causes of wealth loss as in CA, NY and New England are noted for overleverage and drug overdoses despite markedly higher median incomes than the nation as a whole.

Forum List

Back