Acts 10:34-35; if "God does NOT show favoritism," why do some Christians?

You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-
You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15:
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with AbramAM)"> and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”
and from 17:
6 I will make you very fruitful;A)"> I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

You are probably, though not realizing it, referring to this one:
4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation'. These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

:lol: your games would be hurting you, once again.

But read Jeremiah 31 or 34 & Heb. 8.

-
There are no games. God made multiple covenants with people throughout history. He made one with Noah, He made several with Abraham, He made several with the nation of Israel. Some were unilateral, in that He would do something regardless of what people did, while others were not, and depended on the actions of man. You cannot use one covenant being superceded to imply that ALL previous covenants are nullified so as to justify hatred toward the modern state of Israel.

From Jeremiah, since you referenced it,
32It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefatherswhen I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD

Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

Gen. 15:13-14, NKJV:
(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

This covenant is now "obsolete" sir according to the New Testament :lol: .

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) liar.

-
You are clearly wrong, as I have shown. The covenant made with Abraham was unconditional and permanent. The one made with the nation of Israel was conditional. You do see the difference, right?

This line from the OP establishes the context in which I question your purpose in starting the thread:
why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-
You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15:
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with AbramAM)"> and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”
and from 17:
6 I will make you very fruitful;A)"> I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

You are probably, though not realizing it, referring to this one:
4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation'. These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

-
There are no games. God made multiple covenants with people throughout history. He made one with Noah, He made several with Abraham, He made several with the nation of Israel. Some were unilateral, in that He would do something regardless of what people did, while others were not, and depended on the actions of man. You cannot use one covenant being superceded to imply that ALL previous covenants are nullified so as to justify hatred toward the modern state of Israel.

32It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefatherswhen I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD

Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) liar.

-
You are clearly wrong, as I have shown. The covenant made with Abraham was unconditional and permanent. The one made with the nation of Israel was conditional. You do see the difference, right?

This line from the OP establishes the context in which I question your purpose in starting the thread:

Well I'm not sure where your confusion is, but these Scriptures from the New Testament make things pretty clear to me. Why YOU or anyone else would just flat out ignore them I do not know nor would I want to know...:

Acts 10:34-35, Amplified Bible:
(34)And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,

(35)But in every nation he who venerates and has a reverential fear for God, treating Him with worshipful obedience and living uprightly, is acceptable to Him and sure of being received and welcomed [by Him].

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that would be your business:

(34)And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,

(35)But in every nation he who venerates and has a reverential fear for God, treating Him with worshipful obedience and living uprightly, is acceptable to Him and sure of being received and welcomed [by Him].

And no sir, you misunderstood.

I do not hate the Jews nor the state of Israel. But again am infact looking to study religion as taught the Jews, as opposed to say as taught by the Christians. :)

-

Last edited:
You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15: and from 17: You are probably, though not realizing it, referring to this one: Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

-

-

Well I'm not sure where your confusion is, but these Scriptures from the New Testament make things pretty clear to me. Why YOU or anyone else would just flat out ignore them I do not know nor would I want to know...:

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that is your business:

I do not hate the Jews nor the state of Israel. But again am infact looking to study religion as taught the Jews, as opposed to say as taught by the Christians. :)

-

-
That is a very interesting claim, given:

1. You started a thread SPECIFICALLY citing Christians' support of Israel, nothing to do with learning about Judaism.
2. You SPECIFICALLY utilize Scripture that Jews do not recognize to bolster your apparent belief that Christians should not support Jews over other peoples, and ignore all other New Testament Scripture that makes clear you're incorrectly applying it.
3. When shown Scripture that affirms God's covenant with Abraham as being unconditional and permanent, you simply ignore it. You want to learn about religion from Jews, study their Scripture. You'll find that what I say is true.

Here's reality. The Church is composed of people from every walk of life, every economic strata, every skin color and national origin, all of them. In that regard, God welcomes all and does not differentiate, as Peter realized. God is not, however, done with Israel, as Scripture YOU posted makes clear. He specifically says He's going to make a NEW covenant with them. Hence, it is clear. Israel still matters a great deal to God. THAT is why Christians support Israel. Do you understand now?

-

-

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that is your business:

-

-

1. You started a thread SPECIFICALLY citing Christians' support of Israel, nothing to do with learning about Judaism.
2. You SPECIFICALLY utilize Scripture that Jews do not recognize to bolster your apparent belief that Christians should not support Jews over other peoples, and ignore all other New Testament Scripture that makes clear you're incorrectly applying it.
3. When shown Scripture that affirms God's covenant with Abraham as being unconditional and permanent, you simply ignore it. You want to learn about religion from Jews, study their Scripture. You'll find that what I say is true.

Here's reality. The Church is composed of people from every walk of life, every economic strata, every skin color and national origin, all of them. In that regard, God welcomes all and does not differentiate, as Peter realized. God is not, however, done with Israel, as Scripture YOU posted makes clear. He specifically says He's going to make a NEW covenant with them. Hence, it is clear. Israel still matters a great deal to God. THAT is why Christians support Israel. Do you understand now?

:lol: later man.

I just asked a question...whatever you read ("read" that rhymes with red) into my intentions I do not know but I do not hate the Jews, nor the state of Israel.

-

From Jeremiah, since you referenced it, Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

-

-

-

I just asked a question...whatever you read ("read" that rhymes with red) into my intentions I do not know but I do not hate the Jews, nor the state of Israel.

-
IOW, you have no interest in actually hearing an answer to the "question" you posed in the OP.

The majority of Christians do not support Israel, except for U.S. Christians and U.S. Christians are a minority among the world's Christians. The world's Christians overwhelmingly support just peace for the Palestinians. The Vatican recognized the Palestinian state in support of the Palestinians, as an example. As futile as that may be.

-

-

-

-
IOW, you have no interest in actually hearing an answer to the "question" you posed in the OP.

:lol: ...I heard your answer sir and do not agree with it...that does not mean that there aren't other answers from other people to discuss. :lol: :lol: The sheer stupidity of that kind of thinking, please don't be offended smh.

-

Last edited:
The majority of Christians do not support Israel, except for U.S. Christians and U.S. Christians are a minority among the world's Christians. The world's Christians overwhelmingly support just peace for the Palestinians. The Vatican recognized the Palestinian state in support of the Palestinians, as an example. As futile as that may be.

Yeah...Acts 10:34-35 & Heb. 8:13 are pretty clear to me...seems like some are shutting their eyes to those Scriptures on purpose...

-

You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15: and from 17: You are probably, though not realizing it, referring to this one: Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

-

-

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that would be your business:

-

And that is the Christian version of events, which is why they tried to wipe the Jews out so they could expunge the Torah from the world. No visitation by god to any Christian prophet so they needed to lie to make it so

-

-

-

Then ignore the New testament as that is not Jewish religious teachings, it is RomanoGreco interpretations of the events of a single Jews life.

LIAR. The majority of Catholics, which you see as the only Christians have been taught to hate the Jews. The majority of non Catholic Christians support Israel which is why they veto so many UN resolutions against them. The Vatican was allied to the Nazis and sent priests into the death camps to help hide the evidence

Yeah...Acts 10:34-35 & Heb. 8:13 are pretty clear to me...seems like some are shutting their eyes to those Scriptures on purpose...

-

It seems that you are reading into them something that does not exist because you don't want the Jews to be treated fairly and equally. Constantly saying you are an agnostic and want to learn religion from the Jews kind of gives your game away

-

-

-

Then ignore the New testament as that is not Jewish religious teachings, it is RomanoGreco interpretations of the events of a single Jews life.

I didn't ask you what to do ace.

You go to hell, if you cannot recognize that I am a free person who does as I please.

-

Last edited:
My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

Acts 10:34-35, NIV
(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

-
“You can tell you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” – Anne Lamott

QhG4I.jpg

-

It seems that you are reading into them something that does not exist because you don't want the Jews to be treated fairly and equally. Constantly saying you are an agnostic and want to learn religion from the Jews kind of gives your game away

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Keep suffering in hell, nut.

I don't need to play games with anyone. I will ask whatever the hell I want to ask, and whoever doesn't like me asking anything can put their faces where some sun doesn't shine.

F*** you, the horse you rode in on, etc.

As I said, I don't hate the Jews, nor the state of Israel...don't believe that? Who gives a f*ck? LOLOL

-

Last edited:
My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

-
“You can tell you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” – Anne Lamott

QhG4I.jpg

I actually like the Jewish people...their women tend to be very attractive to me like Fran Drescher, and an actress I recently saw in an old film named, Jeannie Elias. Nina Hartley is another one of my FAVORITE Jewish actresses :lol: :lol:.

-

-

QhG4I.jpg

I actually like the Jewish people...their women tend to be very attractive to me like Fran Drescher, and an actress I recently saw in an old film named, Jeannie Elias. Nina Hartley is another one of my FAVORITE Jewish actresses :lol: :lol:.

-
I typically like all the jewish people I know too. Some/a lot of them can be cheap and annoying and argumentative but who can't? They also have victim mentality. Just like blacks, they see racism when it isn't even there. But overall I like the Jews. They never go on shooting rampages so they are welcome in America whenever they want.

-

QhG4I.jpg

-
I typically like all the jewish people I know too. Some/a lot of them can be cheap and annoying and argumentative but who can't? They also have victim mentality. Just like blacks, they see racism when it isn't even there. But overall I like the Jews. They never go on shooting rampages so they are welcome in America whenever they want.

Yeah, they make good Adult...I mean, good movies :lol: :lol: :lol: .

-

Nowhere does He say He will no longer honor this covenant.

The new covenant is with the Church. It doesn't render the old one obsolete at all, because God does not lie, and when He promises something is forever, it doesn't end.

Do you not know what "obsolete" means?

How how how can a Christian say that the old covenant "is not" obsolete, when their Scriptures tell them right to their faces that it is? (Heb. 8:13, NKJV) ...

-
You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.
That is inaccurate.

G-D stated that he will always take Israel back.

1. Because "Jew" is not a race.
2. Because the Nation of Israel is God's chosen people and God's Word is plain when it states that He will bless those who bless her.

What else do you need?

"Israeli" (or Jew) is a race. And that is the OLD TESTAMENT and not the NEW. Do you know what an "Old Testament" is? and what a "New Testament" is, and why Acts 10:34-35 therefore outranks whatever you are citing from the OLD TESTAMENT?

Acts 10:34-35 is right in front of your face...WHY SHUT YOUR EYES TO IT???

That's why Jews use the Torah, we don't use an "old testament"

Yeah...the New Testament is pretty clear that the old covenant is "obsolete" (Heb. 8:13, NKJV.)

So are you a Jew? :) ethnically or religiously... :) I'm an Agnostic but I want to do some studying about Judaism haha.

-
I am a Jew because my mother is a Jew.

I see...question: if a Black male fathers a child with a secular Jewish woman is that child Black or a Jew or both?

-
What's the difference? There are many black Jews.

In fact, Israel air lifted thousands of Black Jews from Ethopia.

Forum List

Back