Acts 10:34-35; if "God does NOT show favoritism," why do some Christians?

1. Because "Jew" is not a race.
2. Because the Nation of Israel is God's chosen people and God's Word is plain when it states that He will bless those who bless her.

What else do you need?

"Israeli" (or Jew) is a race. And that is the OLD TESTAMENT and not the NEW. Do you know what an "Old Testament" is? and what a "New Testament" is, and why Acts 10:34-35 therefore outranks whatever you are citing from the OLD TESTAMENT?

-

1. "Jew" is a religious, national, familial designation, not a genetic disposition.
2. Jews are Semites, so are Arabs.
3. The major racial classifications are Caucasian (which includes Semites), Mongolian, and Negroid.

Thus, "Jew" is NOT a racial classification.

Now, please show me exactly where God decided that He was no longer going to honor the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

"Race" means a group of descendants, but whatever terminology you want to use, Acts 10:34-35 is crystal clear. What ever you judge Jews to be, Acts 10:34-35, which I did not write but was written a long time ago, says:

(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

How is it not clear that Acts 10:34-35 and anything else in the NEW Testament outranks anything that is in the Old Testament? Again, I didn't say it, but Acts 10:34-35 says,

(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

What part of this (...God does not show favoritism...) would be unclear? :lol:
Are you thus saying that God has abandoned the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the one He said would stand forever?

You seem fixed on one portion of Scripture. Consider some others:

Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 2:8-10
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

It's clear, that while God makes no distinction among those He accepts, the Jews still have an honored place in His heart.

Again, are you saying that God has abandoned the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

Acts 10:34-35, NIV

-
2. Because the Nation of Israel is God's chosen people and God's Word is plain when it states that He will bless those who bless her.

What else do you need?

"Israeli" (or Jew) is a race. And that is the OLD TESTAMENT and not the NEW. Do you know what an "Old Testament" is? and what a "New Testament" is, and why Acts 10:34-35 therefore outranks whatever you are citing from the OLD TESTAMENT?

-

1. "Jew" is a religious, national, familial designation, not a genetic disposition.
3. The major racial classifications are Caucasian (which includes Semites), Mongolian, and Negroid.

Now, please show me exactly where God decided that He was no longer going to honor the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Hebrews 8:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Nowhere does He say He will no longer honor this covenant.
7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

The new covenant is with the Church. It doesn't render the old one obsolete at all, because God does not lie, and when He promises something is forever, it doesn't end.

What else do you need?

-

"Race" means a group of descendants, but whatever terminology you want to use, Acts 10:34-35 is crystal clear. What ever you judge Jews to be, Acts 10:34-35, which I did not write but was written a long time ago, says:

How is it not clear that Acts 10:34-35 and anything else in the NEW Testament outranks anything that is in the Old Testament? Again, I didn't say it, but Acts 10:34-35 says,

Are you thus saying that God has abandoned the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the one He said would stand forever?

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

It's clear, that while God makes no distinction among those He accepts, the Jews still have an honored place in His heart.

Again, are you saying that God has abandoned the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

-

What else do you need?

-

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Good point. By stating, however, that God will make a new covenant with Israel, it is clear that the use of Peter's statement in this thread is incorrect. Israel is still near and dear to God's heart, and to curse Israel is to walk a dangerous path.

-
Because Jews didn't dance in the streets on 9-11?

Well I think that the Christian favoritism of the Jewish race predates 9/11. But as the Bible shows, "God does not show favoritism" anymore, so I would think that Christians wouldn't either...I am an Agnostic though :lol:

-
And I think Genesis predates both.
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

That's the *Old* Testament...Jesus changed a few things :-D...but like I said, I'm an Agnostic though.

-

Jesus changed nothing, it was the Romans that changed the words to suit their new religion

What else do you need?

-

-

What else do you need?

-

No the authors of the bible 300 years after the death of Jesus stated that. When you understand that what you follow is the words of men then you will start to question everything

-

-

What else do you need?

-

No the authors of the bible 300 years after the death of Jesus stated that. When you understand that what you follow is the words of men then you will start to question everything
That's not when the books were written.

What else do you need?

-

That's not when the books were written.

Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mainstream consensus is that the New Testament was written in a form of Koine Greek,[74][75] which was the common language of the Eastern Mediterranean[76][77][78][79] from the Conquests of Alexander the Great (335–323 BCE) until the evolution of Byzantine Greek (c. 600).

The new covenant is with the Church. It doesn't render the old one obsolete at all, because God does not lie, and when He promises something is forever, it doesn't end.

Do you not know what "obsolete" means?

How how how can a Christian say that the old covenant "is not" obsolete, when their Scriptures tell them right to their faces that it is? (Heb. 8:13, NKJV) ...

-

-

What else do you need?

Acts 10:34-35 is right in front of your face...WHY SHUT YOUR EYES TO IT???

That's why Jews use the Torah, we don't use an "old testament"

-

What else do you need?

Yeah...the New Testament is pretty clear that the old covenant is "obsolete" (Heb. 8:13, NKJV.)

So are you a Jew? :) ethnically or religiously... :) I'm an Agnostic but I want to do some studying about Judaism haha.

-

How how how can a Christian say that the old covenant "is not" obsolete, when their Scriptures tell them right to their faces that it is? (Heb. 8:13, NKJV) ...

-
No covenant or law has been removed. The world will not be flooded again.

Matthew 5:17-18 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

-
No covenant or law has been removed. The world will not be flooded again.

Matthew 5:17-18 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Other Scriptures relate to that (Matt. 5:17-18,) but I didn't write the New Testament. So your argument is not with me.

Heb. 8:13 plainly says that the old covenant is "obsolete"...I think that your argument is with the Apostle Paul.:-D

-

-

What else do you need?

Yeah...the New Testament is pretty clear that the old covenant is "obsolete" (Heb. 8:13, NKJV.)

So are you a Jew? :) ethnically or religiously... :) I'm an Agnostic but I want to do some studying about Judaism haha.

-
I am a Jew because my mother is a Jew.

-

What else do you need?

-
I am a Jew because my mother is a Jew.

I see...question: if a Black male fathers a child with a secular Jewish woman is that child Black or a Jew or both?

-

-
The Bible tells us to be discerning
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,

-
You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.

You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-
You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15:
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with AbramAM)"> and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”
and from 17:
6 I will make you very fruitful;A)"> I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

You are probably, though not realizing it, referring to this one:
4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation'. These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

-
You DO understand, don't you, that God made MORE than one covenant with people throughout history? I specifically refer to this one, from Genesis 15:
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with AbramAM)"> and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”
and from 17:
6 I will make you very fruitful;A)"> I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation'. These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

Note how this one is conditional, and depends on Israel keeping their part of the bargain. I know it's very tempting to grab one verse or one phrase from the Bible and ignore all the others, but it won't lead you to a successful conclusion.

:lol: your games would be hurting you, once again.

But read Jeremiah 31 or 34 & Heb. 8.

-

-
and from 17:

-
There are no games. God made multiple covenants with people throughout history. He made one with Noah, He made several with Abraham, He made several with the nation of Israel. Some were unilateral, in that He would do something regardless of what people did, while others were not, and depended on the actions of man. You cannot use one covenant being superceded to imply that ALL previous covenants are nullified so as to justify hatred toward the modern state of Israel.

From Jeremiah, since you referenced it,
32It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefatherswhen I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD

Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

Last edited:

-
and from 17:

-
There are no games. God made multiple covenants with people throughout history. He made one with Noah, He made several with Abraham, He made several with the nation of Israel. Some were unilateral, in that He would do something regardless of what people did, while others were not, and depended on the actions of man. You cannot use one covenant being superceded to imply that ALL previous covenants are nullified so as to justify hatred toward the modern state of Israel.

32It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefatherswhen I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD

Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

Gen. 15:13-14, NKJV:
(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

This covenant is now "obsolete" sir according to the New Testament :lol: .

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) liar.

-

Last edited:

-
and from 17:

-

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

Gen. 15:13-14, NKJV:
(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

This covenant is now "obsolete" sir according to the New Testament :lol: .

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) you d*mned liar.

-

Of course it is as the N.T was the Christian Bible not recognised by the Jews. There has since been another covenant with mo'mad making the Bible one obsolete if you follow that line of thought. Who next for a covenant, the agnostics or the atheists ?

Forum List

Back