Acts 10:34-35; if "God does NOT show favoritism," why do some Christians?

Nowhere does He say He will no longer honor this covenant.

The new covenant is with the Church. It doesn't render the old one obsolete at all, because God does not lie, and when He promises something is forever, it doesn't end.

Do you not know what "obsolete" means?

How how how can a Christian say that the old covenant "is not" obsolete, when their Scriptures tell them right to their faces that it is? (Heb. 8:13, NKJV) ...
You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-
Jews really don't care about what Christians think about our covenant, so what it says in Hebrews about Jews is utterly irrelevant to us.

The new covenant is with the Church. It doesn't render the old one obsolete at all, because God does not lie, and when He promises something is forever, it doesn't end.

How how how can a Christian say that the old covenant "is not" obsolete, when their Scriptures tell them right to their faces that it is? (Heb. 8:13, NKJV) ...

-
You do know, don't you, that God made multiple covenants with Israel? I'm talking about the covenant He made with Abraham that was unconditional, and was reiterated with Isaac and Jacob. God made covenants with the nation of Israel that were conditional, and Israel violated them.
That is inaccurate.

G-D stated that he will always take Israel back.

I see my friend...you do believe that there will be a new covenant (Jer. 31) but you just believe that Jesus was not the bringer of that new covenant. Is that right!? :) :)

...like I said I am an Agnostic who also disbelieves in Christianity...just asked the question that is the thread's subject because I do not understand some Christian behavior...(don't see an emoticon for confused.)

-

"Israeli" (or Jew) is a race. And that is the OLD TESTAMENT and not the NEW. Do you know what an "Old Testament" is? and what a "New Testament" is, and why Acts 10:34-35 therefore outranks whatever you are citing from the OLD TESTAMENT?

Acts 10:34-35 is right in front of your face...WHY SHUT YOUR EYES TO IT???

Acts 10:34-35, NIV
(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.
That's why Jews use the Torah, we don't use an "old testament"

Yeah...the New Testament is pretty clear that the old covenant is "obsolete" (Heb. 8:13, NKJV.)

So are you a Jew? :) ethnically or religiously... :) I'm an Agnostic but I want to do some studying about Judaism haha.

-
I am a Jew because my mother is a Jew.

I see...question: if a Black male fathers a child with a secular Jewish woman is that child Black or a Jew or both?

-
What's the difference? There are many black Jews.

In fact, Israel air lifted thousands of Black Jews from Ethopia.

I see!!! :) :)

So such a child would technically be a Jew (as well as being Black,) right :) ?

-

Game playing would only be hurting you sir/ma'am...Jeremiah 31 or 34 says that there are two covenants (a new and an old) and Heb. 8:13 says that the old is "obsolete."

-
Jews really don't care about what Christians think about our covenant, so what it says in Hebrews about Jews is utterly irrelevant to us.

Yes...I knew that one. :)

Was really meaning New Testament citations for the New Testament believers, which again I am not... :)

-

There are no games. God made multiple covenants with people throughout history. He made one with Noah, He made several with Abraham, He made several with the nation of Israel. Some were unilateral, in that He would do something regardless of what people did, while others were not, and depended on the actions of man. You cannot use one covenant being superceded to imply that ALL previous covenants are nullified so as to justify hatred toward the modern state of Israel.

From Jeremiah, since you referenced it, Now, you do understand, don't you, that Abraham lived 400 years BEFORE the Israelites came out of Egypt? Not the same covenant.

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

Gen. 15:13-14, NKJV:
(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

This covenant is now "obsolete" sir according to the New Testament :lol: .

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) liar.

-
You are clearly wrong, as I have shown. The covenant made with Abraham was unconditional and permanent. The one made with the nation of Israel was conditional. You do see the difference, right?

This line from the OP establishes the context in which I question your purpose in starting the thread:
why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?

Well I'm not sure where your confusion is, but these Scriptures from the New Testament make things pretty clear to me. Why YOU or anyone else would just flat out ignore them I do not know nor would I want to know...:

Acts 10:34-35, Amplified Bible:
(34)And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,

(35)But in every nation he who venerates and has a reverential fear for God, treating Him with worshipful obedience and living uprightly, is acceptable to Him and sure of being received and welcomed [by Him].

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that would be your business:

(34)And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,

(35)But in every nation he who venerates and has a reverential fear for God, treating Him with worshipful obedience and living uprightly, is acceptable to Him and sure of being received and welcomed [by Him].

And no sir, you misunderstood.

I do not hate the Jews nor the state of Israel. But again am infact looking to study religion as taught the Jews, as opposed to say as taught by the Christians. :)

-

Then ignore the New testament as that is not Jewish religious teachings, it is RomanoGreco interpretations of the events of a single Jews life.

I didn't ask you what to do ace.

You go to hell, if you cannot recognize that I am a free person who does as I please.

-

Been found out and don't like it I see. If as you say you want to learn religion from the Jews then use only Jewish sources. You would not learn English by reading a book on maths would you, so why say you are learning Jewish religion by reading the RomanoGreco Bible that is as anti Jew as you can get

The majority of Christians do not support Israel, except for U.S. Christians and U.S. Christians are a minority among the world's Christians. The world's Christians overwhelmingly support just peace for the Palestinians. The Vatican recognized the Palestinian state in support of the Palestinians, as an example. As futile as that may be.

Yeah...Acts 10:34-35 & Heb. 8:13 are pretty clear to me...seems like some are shutting their eyes to those Scriptures on purpose...

-

It seems that you are reading into them something that does not exist because you don't want the Jews to be treated fairly and equally. Constantly saying you are an agnostic and want to learn religion from the Jews kind of gives your game away

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Keep suffering in hell, nut.

I don't need to play games with anyone. I will ask whatever the hell I want to ask, and whoever doesn't like me asking anything can put their faces where some sun doesn't shine.

F*** you, the horse you rode in on, etc.

As I said, I don't hate the Jews, nor the state of Israel...don't believe that? Who gives a f*ck? LOLOL

-

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS JUST ANOTHER MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS

-
That is inaccurate.

Did you miss the part where I noted that God promised He would make a new covenant with Israel?

The covenant made with the Children of Israel in the time of Moses was the covenant that the Bible god made with Abraham...:lol:

Gen. 15:13-14, NKJV:
(13)Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. (14)And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

This covenant is now "obsolete" sir according to the New Testament :lol: .

And I don't appreciate you lying about me in the public; I do not hate the Jews nor do I hate the state of Israel; not that it's any of your business but I am actually looking to learn religion from the Jews (as opposed to from the Christians,) liar.

-
You are clearly wrong, as I have shown. The covenant made with Abraham was unconditional and permanent. The one made with the nation of Israel was conditional. You do see the difference, right?

This line from the OP establishes the context in which I question your purpose in starting the thread:
why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?

Well I'm not sure where your confusion is, but these Scriptures from the New Testament make things pretty clear to me. Why YOU or anyone else would just flat out ignore them I do not know nor would I want to know...:

Acts 10:34-35, Amplified Bible:

Best I can do is repeat it a few times. But if you want to close your eyes to it, that would be your business:

And no sir, you misunderstood.

I do not hate the Jews nor the state of Israel. But again am infact looking to study religion as taught the Jews, as opposed to say as taught by the Christians. :)

-

Then ignore the New testament as that is not Jewish religious teachings, it is RomanoGreco interpretations of the events of a single Jews life.

I didn't ask you what to do ace.

You go to hell, if you cannot recognize that I am a free person who does as I please.

-

Been found out and don't like it I see. If as you say you want to learn religion from the Jews then use only Jewish sources. You would not learn English by reading a book on maths would you, so why say you are learning Jewish religion by reading the RomanoGreco Bible that is as anti Jew as you can get

:lol: keep suffering, nut :lol: .

-

The majority of Christians do not support Israel, except for U.S. Christians and U.S. Christians are a minority among the world's Christians. The world's Christians overwhelmingly support just peace for the Palestinians. The Vatican recognized the Palestinian state in support of the Palestinians, as an example. As futile as that may be.

Yeah...Acts 10:34-35 & Heb. 8:13 are pretty clear to me...seems like some are shutting their eyes to those Scriptures on purpose...

-

It seems that you are reading into them something that does not exist because you don't want the Jews to be treated fairly and equally. Constantly saying you are an agnostic and want to learn religion from the Jews kind of gives your game away

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I don't need to play games with anyone. I will ask whatever the hell I want to ask, and whoever doesn't like me asking anything can put their faces where some sun doesn't shine.

As I said, I don't hate the Jews, nor the state of Israel...don't believe that? Who gives a f*ck? LOLOL

-

Lololololol.

You're in hell or something, aren't you? LOLOLOL

You want a Jewish source? Here's one, biahtch LOLOLOLOLOL:

Psalm 21:9
Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.

LOLOLOLOL. You (you are experiencing this in this life LOLOL:)

image.jpg

-

Last edited:

-

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

-

Lololololol.

Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.

image.jpg

-

MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS

-

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

-

Lololololol.

image.jpg

-

MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS

LOLOLOLOL. You (what you are experiencing:)

image.jpg

This audience that you are talking to will plainly see if this thread is examined that I came to this forum for peaceful and intelligent discussion but you and others started some kind of personal attack against me...it is YOU who is "MELTing" LOLOLOLOLOL. You:

image.jpg

LOLOLOL

-

-
That is inaccurate.

Did you miss the part where I noted that God promised He would make a new covenant with Israel?
Genesis 17:[7] And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Genesis 17:[13] both he that is born in your house and he that is bought with your money, shall be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.

Deuteronomy 7:[9] Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Deuteronomy 29:[12] that you may enter into the sworn covenant of the LORD your God, which the LORD your God makes with you this day;
[13] that he may establish you this day as his people, and that he may be your God, as he promised you, and as he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

Psalms 89:[34] I will not violate my covenant,
or alter the word that went forth from my lips.

Psalms 105:[8] He is mindful of his covenant for ever,
of the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,

Isaiah 44:[21] Remember these things, O Jacob,
and Israel, for you are my servant;
I formed you, you are my servant;
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.

Isaiah 45:[17] But Israel is saved by the LORD
with everlasting salvation;
you shall not be put to shame or confounded
to all eternity.

-
That is inaccurate.

Genesis 17:[7] And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Genesis 17:[13] both he that is born in your house and he that is bought with your money, shall be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.

Deuteronomy 7:[9] Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Deuteronomy 29:[12] that you may enter into the sworn covenant of the LORD your God, which the LORD your God makes with you this day;
[13] that he may establish you this day as his people, and that he may be your God, as he promised you, and as he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

Psalms 89:[34] I will not violate my covenant,
or alter the word that went forth from my lips.

Psalms 105:[8] He is mindful of his covenant for ever,
of the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,

Isaiah 44:[21] Remember these things, O Jacob,
and Israel, for you are my servant;
I formed you, you are my servant;
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.

Isaiah 45:[17] But Israel is saved by the LORD
with everlasting salvation;
you shall not be put to shame or confounded
to all eternity.

CMike, You are misquoting and leaving out Scriptures here. :)

-

My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

(34)Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

-
Because Jews didn't dance in the streets on 9-11?

Well I think that the Christian favoritism of the Jewish race predates 9/11. But as the Bible shows, "God does not show favoritism" anymore, so I would think that Christians wouldn't either...I am an Agnostic though :lol:

-
And I think Genesis predates both.
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

That's the *Old* Testament...Jesus changed a few things :-D...but like I said, I'm an Agnostic though.

-
There you go it does not apply to you as it is as you say.

Yes many things are clear but many things are also ignored in the Bible. Especially if you are looking at it and desiring to split hairs.
Here some thoughts for you to consider again each individual has hosts created to rule over them (carnal flesh bodies that we all live in at the moment- with spirit in us, humankind was created from the breath of the Spirit that gave us life). There are two types of spiritual hosts for ruling over the spirit of humankind. Each has a set of spiritual hosts to bring along that portion of the Son of God in each and there are hosts created to rule over the unruly portion which is called the son of perdition (the beastly portion). There are portions of nations in each individual also, landmarks, cells, walls and divisions in that red earth 'adam' called human in this world (the person who is a garden planted by Jehovah).
Genesis 2:1-5, 1Corinthian 15:44-49, Luke 17:21

Psalm 103:19 The LORD has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.

Not sure of how your citations relate to the topic, but Acts 10:34-35 says about racial favoritism:

(34)...God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

-
You don't get it. Nations, places in human, speaking of those places in the spirit. Has nothing to do with race, female or male of the human species. Race is not an issue in the spiritual realm other than a stumbling block carnal humans have made up.

No, you don't get it. Race is an issue in the Abrahamic religions and that issue is what the Palestine & Israel conflict is about.

-
So you as a non believer will tell a believer what it is all about. I think not.

The trap that most people fall into is that the Bible and Torah should be read like the koran, that is as individual lines. This takes away the contest of the verses and is much used by neo Marxists and Islamic extremists to show they are just as violent as the muslims
Thank you. It comes back to they think as carnal beings and act as such verses even considering there is a spiritual being created within. It seems they are looking to find some weakness they can get an upper hand on to get through the armor.

My other thread about this issue in the Palestine - Israel conflict was closed because the OP didn't plainly state what I meant in citing this Scripture, but if the New Testament in the Bible says that "God does not show favoritism" — and it does say that — why do some Christians continue to show racial favoritism toward the Jews?...

-
Because Jews didn't dance in the streets on 9-11?

Well I think that the Christian favoritism of the Jewish race predates 9/11. But as the Bible shows, "God does not show favoritism" anymore, so I would think that Christians wouldn't either...I am an Agnostic though :lol:

-
And I think Genesis predates both.
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

That's the *Old* Testament...Jesus changed a few things :-D...but like I said, I'm an Agnostic though.

-
There you go it does not apply to you as it is as you say.

What does not apply to me?...

I am an Agnostic, but I am a confirmed disbeliever in Christianity...I asked the question in this thread because Christians believe in Acts 10:34-35 and NOT because I do.

...like the Jews, again, I also disbelieve in Christianity...please be informed. :)

-

Not sure of how your citations relate to the topic, but Acts 10:34-35 says about racial favoritism:

(34)...God does not show favoritism (35)but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

-
You don't get it. Nations, places in human, speaking of those places in the spirit. Has nothing to do with race, female or male of the human species. Race is not an issue in the spiritual realm other than a stumbling block carnal humans have made up.

No, you don't get it. Race is an issue in the Abrahamic religions and that issue is what the Palestine & Israel conflict is about.

-
So you as a non believer will tell a believer what it is all about. I think not.

The trap that most people fall into is that the Bible and Torah should be read like the koran, that is as individual lines. This takes away the contest of the verses and is much used by neo Marxists and Islamic extremists to show they are just as violent as the muslims
Thank you. It comes back to they think as carnal beings and act as such verses even considering there is a spiritual being created within. It seems they are looking to find some weakness they can get an upper hand on to get through the armor.

Am I a part of this "they" that you are referring to here sir/ma'am?...

-

To USMB members, this thread was moved from the "Palestine and Israel" forum, why exactly I am not sure. But I just would like to say that I did not ask this question on this (the Religion) forum -- the question that is the title of the thread -- and that it would NOT represent me to ask that question on this forum.

Peace. :)
A1977

-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back