ACLU sues for students to wear anti-Islam shirts in Florida schools

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
ACLU sues for students to wear anti-Islam shirts in Florida schools - USATODAY.com

Damn that Conservative organization! :evil:

OWAI- :lol:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (USATODAY.com) — The American Civil Liberties Union has sued a north Florida school district, claiming that the Alachua County School District violated students' rights by not allowing them to wear T-shirts with an anti-Islamic message.

The civil rights organization says that while it doesn't agree with the "Islam is of the Devil" message printed on T-shirts distributed by the Dove World Outreach Center, it does support the students' constitutional right to freedom of speech.

A school dress code prohibits clothing that school officials conclude would "disrupt the learning process" or cause other students to be "offended or distracted." The students were sent home for violation of the code after declining to change out of the shirts.

Thoughts?

I thought we were discussing the ACLU and clashes between freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

So I am looking for an example that relates to that topic.

We're discussing the ACLU in the thread, yes.

There is a clash between Freedom of Speech and Religion in general throughout history and currently today. My question is, what sort of example are you looking for? A previous example where the ACLU was involved? Because that was not related to that specific comment.

I fully expect the ACLU to take this position. To maintain any credibility they have to, don't they?

But it's a no-win anyway, so sayeth ample precedent.

The ACLU used to only be anti-Christian, just like most liberals. Then Muslims started beheading infidels and they realized they had to do something or lose what little credibility they still had. So they came up with the idea that all religions are bad, not just Christianity. Ten years ago, this would not have happened.

You're lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd neg you for that steaming pile of horseshit.

The ACLU used to only be anti-Christian, just like most liberals. Then Muslims started beheading infidels and they realized they had to do something or lose what little credibility they still had. So they came up with the idea that all religions are bad, not just Christianity. Ten years ago, this would not have happened.
After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries | American Civil Liberties Union
The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan today announced an out-of-court settlement between the Utica Community School District and a local student over the censorship of her 2001 yearbook entry. The student's entry had been deleted from the yearbook because it contained a passage from the B

American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana
The ACLU's free speech lawsuit on behalf of Christian protestor Edwin Crayton forced the City of Natchitoches to repeal the unconstitutional ordinances in question, which prompted a final consent judgment affirming that Mr. Crayton's rights were violated. Federal district court Dee Drell signed off on the agreed order last Thursday.

ACLU Sues Prison On Behalf Of Allowing Muslims More Group Prayer Time « THE B.S. REPORT

Two Muslim inmates held in a special unit at the federal prison in Terre Haute say they aren’t allowed to pray in groups as often as their religion commands and have asked a federal judge to ease worship limits imposed by the Bureau of Prisons.

I thought we were discussing the ACLU and clashes between freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

There is a clash between Freedom of Speech and Religion in general throughout history and currently today. My question is, what sort of example are you looking for? A previous example where the ACLU was involved? Because that was not related to that specific comment.

The ACLU is anti-religion. That is the topic.

The ACLU is anti-religion. That is the topic.
actually they are not, if some people would do a little research and think for themselves they would realize that.

You're lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd neg you for that steaming pile of horseshit.

asswipe! neg repping for speech you don't approve of is pretty much you style of "censorship" petty very petty

Forum List

Back