According to The Hill: "Trump's GOP is already dying"

Nope. I was a Republican until we invaded Iraq. I couldn't support Clean Break Strategy.
9/11 cause a lot of responses whether right or wrong. Lots of literature on new world order over many decades. It was the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and TSA at airports that changed my opinions on the Republicans who held power. And Progs have not removed any of this and have in fact expanded their powers. The current administration is using the Patriot Act with Homeland Security on people for nothing. Everyone is a terrorist they deem to be.

9/11 cause a lot of responses whether right or wrong. Lots of literature on new world order over many decades. It was the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and TSA at airports that changed my opinions on the Republicans who held power. And Progs have not removed any of this and have in fact expanded their powers. The current administration is using the Patriot Act with Homeland Security on people for nothing. Everyone is a terrorist they deem to be.
What was your position on this DURING the Bush II years?

I see the opposite. We have people in office here and from Europe who are going to Fla. instead of Washington to have meetings with Trump about the future of our country. It's as if His victory in Nov. is a given.
I've noticed that too. Enemy democrats don't want to admit it.

What was your position on this DURING the Bush II years?
I voted for him. After 9/11 there was sympathy. All sides voted for the war. We had to do something. I figured Iraq was going to get it because they were weakened from the first war. There are many indications today that there were no WMD's. When The Patriot Act, the TSA and Homeland Security laws were enacted I was disappointed. The citizens got the blamed for outside forces causing the 9/11 tragedy. And the security state then somehow did not even notice anything going on after spending endless hundreds of billions and even trillions on it over the many years. At that point I gave up on what is now the old Republican agendas. There were people who said don't worry about it, the Patriot Act will not be used against you. We see how that worked out.

I voted for him. After 9/11 there was sympathy. All sides voted for the war. We had to do something. I figured Iraq was going to get it because they were weakened from the first war. There are many indications today that there were no WMD's. When The Patriot Act, the TSA and Homeland Security laws were enacted I was disappointed. The citizens got the blamed for outside forces causing the 9/11 tragedy. And the security state then somehow did not even notice anything going on after spending endless hundreds of billions and even trillions on it over the many years. At that point I gave up on what is now the old Republican agendas. There were people who said don't worry about it, the Patriot Act will not be used against you. We see how that worked out.
It was EVIDENT at the TIME that their were NO WMDs. I was one of the people screaming at the top of my lungs to stop this madness. People like me were ignored and/or dismissed.

I also was against the Patriot Act, for the same reasons you now CLAIM to be against it.

Why do you think that is?

It was EVIDENT at the TIME that their were NO WMDs. I was one of the people screaming at the top of my lungs to stop this madness. People like me were ignored and/or dismissed.

I also was against the Patriot Act, for the same reasons you now CLAIM to be against it.

Why do you think that is?
We get into conspiracy theories. Many of our politicians are wards of the New World order globalists. And they slowly have been incorporating us into it. At some point they will nationalize local law enforcement to give control out of their areas and to go over state lines. It's like it is hard to believe and yet it is slowly happening. The issue though is that we started much higher than the rest and will need to lower our expectations. And if you look it at, we have replaced real production with people receiving checks. And checks can be reduced or removed. And most people would be foolish to not accept them at this point.

We get into conspiracy theories. Many of our politicians are wards of the New World order globalists. And they slowly have been incorporating us into it. At some point they will nationalize local law enforcement to give control out of their areas and to go over state lines. It's like it is hard to believe and yet it is slowly happening. The issue though is that we started much higher than the rest and will need to lower our expectations. And if you look it at, we have replaced real production with people receiving checks. And checks can be reduced or removed. And most people would be foolish to not accept them at this point.
Interesting statement, but I don't believe it answered, or even addressed, my question.

Interesting statement, but I don't believe it answered, or even addressed, my question.
Men can be on the same side even if their political views differ when it comes to tyranny. In fact, we blame each other for any perceived loss of rights and what rights are. Many can have middle grounds and common sense with them also. We live today with social justice rights blurring the loss of unalienable rights. We also need to be good citizens with that.

"Trump's GOP is already dying"

Perhaps.

But it nonetheless remains a dangerous malignancy to democracy and individual liberty.

Indeed, it would be a mistake to perceive the GOP as ‘dying.’
your premise is a lie,,

democracy needs to die a violent death to ensure it never returns,,

Did anyone expect anything different? Why/why not?

I'm not arguing with you or the linked article, but the premise that Maga dying is based on people deciding that Trump's Maga's purpose is simply to serve it's master.

But even if that's true, based on polls, and frankly on Biden's inability to unify his own party, it may not make a difference because like Batcat, Maga may just prefer it's master because the issues are "so simple." And if history is any guide, the money guys will fall in line when Trump gives them the choice of being inside and looting govt than on the outside.

Last edited:
Did anyone expect anything different? Why/why not?

First, keep in mind that Trump is not a true Republican. True Republicans lack the will to fight and are essentially useless. They just love to play the token resistance to the Democrats who really run the show in Washington D.C.

If Trump wins he may remake the Republican Party into a lean, mean fighting machine. The Republican Party will put American citizens and legal immigrants first rather than illegal immigrants and criminals.

The Denmocrats seem determined to run Joe Biden again. That could be a big mistake. I keep hearing people saying things were much better under Trump than Biden.

A lady I know was upset a couple of days ago. She went to the grocery store and bought 2 heads of cabbage, a bag of potatoes, hamburger buns and a bag of chips. The bill was over $30.

Some people are wondering if it might be wiser to cross the Mexican border, lose their identity and return as an illegal immigrant as opposed to declaring bankruptcy. They would get a lot of freebees and financial aid to start over again.

Last edited:
First, keep in mind that Trump is not a true Republican. True Republicans lack the will to fight and are essentially useless. They just love to play the token resistance to the Democrats who really run the show in Washington D.C.

If Trump wins he may remake the Republican Party into a lean, mean fighting machine. The Republican Party will put American citizens and legal immigrants first rather than illegal immigrants and criminals.

The Denmocrats seem determined to run Joe Biden again. That could be a big mistake. I keep hearing people saying things were much better under Trump than Biden.

A lady I know was upset a couple of days ago. She went to the grocery store and bought 2 heads of cabbage, a bag of potatoes, hamburger buns and a bag of chips. The bill was over $30.

Some people are wondering if it might be wiser to cross the Mexican border, lose their identity and return as an illegal immigrant as opposed to declaring bankruptcy. They would get a lot of freebees and financial aid to start over again.

2 heads of cabbage, a bag of potatoes, hamburger buns and a bag of chips. It was over 30.00.
Let them do that then.

If Trump ends up winning I think it will be due to the same dynamic we've seen in the last two elections. Both Trump and Hillary were despised in 2016; it's just that she was a little more despised than he was and she took her Blue Firewall in the Rust Belt for granted and lost it.

In 2020, Biden won, but not really because anybody wanted Biden as president, they just didn't want Trump in the White House anymore. If Trump manages to pull off a Grover Cleveland, it won't so much be that people really want Trump. It will be more a vote against Biden and his policies.
Sounds like a concession speech/excuse Tazbro.

The polls are favorable for Trump now. There is rot at the heart of the Trump movement. The Trumpist loyalty test, its insistence that one man has all the answers and its disdain for American democracy is unamerican and anathema to all America stands for. It will catch up to Trump. The more Trump speaks, the greater becomes his march into political oblivion…or so we hope for the sake of this country.

No one believes that except you and the few other weirdos who worship Alzheimer Jesus.

I'm not arguing with you or the linked article, but the premise that Maga dying is based on people deciding that Trump's Maga's purpose is simply to serve it's master.

But even if that's true, based on polls, and frankly on Biden's inability to unify his own party, it may not make a difference because like Batcat, Maga may just prefer it's master because the issues are "so simple." And if history is any guide, the money guys will fall in line when Trump gives them the choice of being inside and looting govt than on the outside.
It's going to be another case of who the voters hate more.

I don't think they hate Biden more than Trump.

Let them do that then.
We are at the point now with our government that Trump will clean up or reign in the excesses of the social justice expansions at best. And over a period of years and decades we will become saner. We need to be calmer. To many people on edge.

We are at the point now with our government that Trump will clean up or reign in the excesses of the social justice expansions at best. And over a period of years and decades we will become saner. We need to be calmer. To many people on edge.
Trump is the manifestation of the swamp.

You're lost.

Trump is the manifestation of the swamp.

You're lost.
If he is the swamp, we are all lost. D.C. is double think, triple think and quadruple think. I remember in some literature I read that even if we were somewhat corrupted than, on December 7, 1941, we lost our innocence. We were far different from that date and the end of the war. An opinion of many.

Forum List

Back