how do you work out?

May 21, 2015
twice a week, I do abs. I walk 20 minutes and bike (slowly) 40 minutes every day, for calorie burning. That is done while going to the cafe's where i eat. I have found that I can't have much of anything in the way of food in the house, other than dry beans or grains. :) If its' there in the house, and easy to prep, I'll eat it, but if I have to go GET it, can man manage to to refrain (nearly always)

Once a week, I'll do low weight, high reps on the weight machines. Monday is for"push" muscles", Wednesday is "pull" muscles. Pull moves are biceps curl, hamstring curls, lat pull downs, rear flyes, pec flyes, and shoulder machine. Push moves are the 45 degree leg press, standing calf raises, triceps pushdown machine, vertical press, bench press, 6 minutes on each, 3 different weight settings, 2 minutes each. Start with very low weight, move up a bit, This gets the aerobics done while keeping the muscles toned. I don't want any more mass. At my age, it converts into fat too easily! :)

Last edited:
twice a week, I do abs. I walk 20 minutes and bike (slowly) 40 minutes every day, for calorie burning. That is done while going to the cafe's where i eat. I have found that I can't have much of anything in the way of food in the house, other than dry beans or grains. :) If its' there in the house, and easy to prep, I'll eat it, but if I have to go GET it, can man manage to to refrain (nearly always)

Once a week, I'll do low weight, high reps on the weight machines. Monday is for"push" muscles", Wednesday is "pull" muscles. Site is running too slowly to bother witht
I walk to the kitchen, walk to the mail box, clean house, take the trash out, clean the garage, work in the yard, build things in the garage, push a cart when I grocery shop, take care of my birds, and ..... and .......... and .......... wait for it .............. and chase ugly women ............ ( P.S. - I run from some of them )

why would you chase an ugly one? I know a guy who flew 8000 miles to a country that is full of young, lovely, smart, sexy ladies. He found an ideal lady in just one month. Spent 2 months living with her full time, in order to be reasonably certain, then did the visa thing. All together, she cost him about 10k. He got back 13k (cash) the first 5 months that she was here, from her school loans. :) 3 months later, he got another 9k from her, and that was all she cost him for the year's living expenses. Her grants cover her school expenses. HE will continue getting 19k per year from her for the next 3 years, and then get 28k from her the 5th year, too. Then, if it doesn't work out, well..... :) He'll have made a few k on top of what she cost him, and he'll have had a lovely young gal in his home for 5 years. Repeat as needed.

why would you chase an ugly one? I know a guy who flew 8000 miles to a country that is full of young, lovely, smart, sexy ladies. He found an ideal lady in just one month. Spent 2 months living with her full time, in order to be reasonably certain, then did the visa thing. All together, she cost him about 10k. He got back 13k (cash) the first 5 months that she was here, from her school loans. :) 3 months later, he got another 9k from her, and that was all she cost him for the year's living expenses. Her grants cover her school expenses. HE will continue getting 19k per year from her for the next 3 years, and then get 28k from her the 5th year, too. Then, if it doesn't work out, well..... :) He'll have made a few k on top of what she cost him, and he'll have had a lovely young gal in his home for 5 years. Repeat as needed.
Nice gig if one can pull it off.

any US (unmarried) citizen can do it, altho you DO have to show 20k per year of income for the year prior to importing her. He used HIS school loans to go find her and get her here. Great return on investment, in my book. :), since the money he got from her paid it all back. Her loans will be "forgiven" when she pursues her career, so it costs her nothing to pay him, live here, get a great education. Win win for all concerned.. US gets a great professional lady, she got out of poverty, is a MAJOR help to her entire family, and he gets her, morning and night.

Last edited:
I have a friend that had the opposite experience, although he seems to be happy with her. He married an Italian girl that insists on the latest Italian fashions for both of them and insists they drink $100/bottle+ wine. He makes good money but holy cow she is one expensive wife!

that was his choice. My buddy has tried the ones that cost money, too and he's determined to stick with the ones that make him money and don't give him any crap.

for you to really profit from marrying one, you have to get one who's an MD, engineer, physicist, Dentist, etc. But man, there's a million of such in the 3rd world. Guess how many of them would LOVE to live in the US?

I run. A lot. 10 miles this morning.

Okay, 6 miles running, then 4 walking. It was hot. I conked out at 6 miles from impending overheating. I know the signs of overheating. It's that "I'm gonna die" overall feeling that's quite different from aching muscles or being out of breath.

Been skipping the gym, and doing lots of yard work instead. I really should get back in, just one quick set of everything. Don't want to get too bulky, because that slows down the running.

Once a week, I'll do low weight, high reps on the weight machines. Monday is for"push" muscles", Wednesday is "pull" muscles. Pull moves are biceps curl, hamstring curls, lat pull downs, rear flyes, pec flyes, and shoulder machine. Push moves are the 45 degree leg press, standing calf raises, triceps pushdown machine, vertical press, bench press, 6 minutes on each, 3 different weight settings, 2 minutes each. Start with very low weight, move up a bit, This gets the aerobics done while keeping the muscles toned. I don't want any more mass. At my age, it converts into fat too easily! :)
:clap: good for you.

Some facts for you:
There are no push muscles.....you can only pull.
Muscle does not convert to fat, ever.
High Intensity Interval Training burns more fat than slow steady state cardio.
Fat is made and lost at the dinner table.

My advice: Lose the fluff. You can gain all the muscle you want or need by doing 5 exercises: SQUATS, DEADLIFTS, BENCH PRESS, OVERHEAD PRESS, BARBELL ROWS. Do 5 sets of 5 and add 5lbs to the bar every time you workout. If you feel energetic, do some dips and pull ups..

I run. A lot. 10 miles this morning.

Okay, 6 miles running, then 4 walking. It was hot. I conked out at 6 miles from impending overheating. I know the signs of overheating. It's that "I'm gonna die" overall feeling that's quite different from aching muscles or being out of breath.

Been skipping the gym, and doing lots of yard work instead. I really should get back in, just one quick set of everything. Don't want to get too bulky, because that slows down the running.

"Don't want to get too bulky"

:rofl:

Upper body, son. A big chest and shoulders don't help you run. They just put a load on your spine, constantly. It's why you don't see many old body-builders. The back can't take it.

Now, my ass, that looks good.

Upper body, son. A big chest and shoulders don't help you run. They just put a load on your spine, constantly. It's why you don't see many old body-builders. The back can't take it.

Now, my ass, that looks good.

So you're gay? Good to know.

I have a membership at lifetime fitness so sometimes I do treadmill or elliptical or Stairmaster sometimes I just do back by chest try shoulders legs but I always swim in the pool for 20 minutes and then sit in a sauna and steam room and hot tub it is heaven after a hard workout. could not imagine going to a normal gym ever again

Forum List

Back