ACA 2.0 Begins Tomorrow.

It isn't unusual for people who lie to lose track of the things they say. Your lies are in this thread and in the thread back in April. Different lies...but all lies just the same.

Go ahead an reread your posts in this thread. See if you can figure out when your lie began.

I don't have to re-read it. I don't have health insurance. Why would I lie about that?

:cuckoo:

Let's start with the health care cost growth rate. You claim it has fallen to record lows but the link you posted for it is a projection for the next 5 years from September. That's not proof that the cost growth rate has fallen.

This is the kind of thing you can just look up in a newspaper but here you go, from the beginning of this year:

National Health Spending Growth Remains Low For Fourth Consecutive Year
A new analysis from the Office of the Actuary at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), released today in the January 2014 issue of Health Affairs (more on the issue here), estimates that health care spending in the United States grew at a rate of 3.7 percent in 2012 to $2.8 trillion. That level of annual growth is similar to spending growth rates since 2009, which increased between 3.6 percent and 3.8 percent annually. This means that growth during all four years has occurred at the slowest rates ever recorded in the fifty-three-year history of the National Health Expenditure Accounts.

The next set of national health spending data from CMS will be out in January.

The significance of the September article is the growing realization that the persistence of the slowdown suggests underlying structural change is going on in the health care system. So 1) that's changing expectations of health spending trends going forward (in a very positive way), and 2) the ACA is starting to get some recognition for the structural changes in health care delivery it's supporting.

Inflation rate in 2005- 3.4%. Inflation in 2006- 3.2%
2007 was 2.8% and 2008 was 3.8%.

Since 2008 the inflation rate has dipped to an average of < 2%. Hence, also slower increases in health costs.

I don't understand how nobody in 103 posts has factored that into their verbatim.

Let's start with the health care cost growth rate. You claim it has fallen to record lows but the link you posted for it is a projection for the next 5 years from September. That's not proof that the cost growth rate has fallen.

This is the kind of thing you can just look up in a newspaper but here you go, from the beginning of this year:

National Health Spending Growth Remains Low For Fourth Consecutive Year
A new analysis from the Office of the Actuary at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), released today in the January 2014 issue of Health Affairs (more on the issue here), estimates that health care spending in the United States grew at a rate of 3.7 percent in 2012 to $2.8 trillion. That level of annual growth is similar to spending growth rates since 2009, which increased between 3.6 percent and 3.8 percent annually. This means that growth during all four years has occurred at the slowest rates ever recorded in the fifty-three-year history of the National Health Expenditure Accounts.

The next set of national health spending data from CMS will be out in January.

The significance of the September article is the growing realization that the persistence of the slowdown suggests underlying structural change is going on in the health care system. So 1) that's changing expectations of health spending trends going forward (in a very positive way), and 2) the ACA is starting to get some recognition for the structural changes in health care delivery it's supporting.

Ok, that's better. So you don't know if the healthcare spending growth rate is at "record lows" because the date isn't available yet. All you know is that it was low in 2012, before full implementation of the ACA. We don't know if it's actually lowering costs or if it's just a manipulation of data to show reduced costs in key metrics that may or may not be relevant.

It's not necessarily a bad thing if costs increase during the implementation, any disruptive element has the potential to increase costs in the short term while massively decreasing costs in the long term. But don't count your chickens before they hatch and this thread is talking about ACA 2.0 as in the change between last year's ACA and today's ACA. You can try to post a projection as proof that the spending has declined but when that fails and you post a study that aggregate spending declined for 4 years between 2008 and 2012....

What was your point?

Zander, I know that there is no way that I can talk you into carrying your share of the load for the nation's health care costs. I know, and I know that you are not really kidding yourself when you say that you will never need major medical health care. As I said, I spent 50 years in the business, and saw bills up to $5,000,000 for one person. Bills up $50,000 are actually routine with almost any hospitalization. My former wife was a pharmacist, who sold certain cancer scripts for about $15,000 per month. My daughter is a nurse on the trauma ward, dealing mostly with paraplegics and comatose patients, including one guy who was a victim of a drive by shooting, and will never be able to move anything below his chest for the rest of his life, and he is only 22 years old.

Yes, I know all about actuarial morbidity rates, and I knew that you will most likely have a major hospitalization involving either cancer or the heart, before you reach 70. I also know that you will not be able to pay for it, and it will end up being written off to the public, one way or the other. That makes you part of the problem, and the reason that we passed ACA. The penalties for not obtaining insurance are going to rise, until the are enough to offset the adverse selection of those who are insured because they are chronicly ill. Go ahead and continue to live in the 20th century. But, know that you are not fooling anybody. You are, in fact, a freeloader, not some sort of libertarian hero. I've said my piece, and I am out of here.

Zander, I know that there is no way that I can talk you into carrying your share of the load for the nation's health care costs. I know, and I know that you are not really kidding yourself when you say that you will never need major medical health care. As I said, I spent 50 years in the business, and saw bills up to $5,000,000 for one person. Bills up $50,000 are actually routine with almost any hospitalization. My former wife was a pharmacist, who sold certain cancer scripts for about $15,000 per month. My daughter is a nurse on the trauma ward, dealing mostly with paraplegics and comatose patients, including one guy who was a victim of a drive by shooting, and will never be able to move anything below his chest for the rest of his life, and he is only 22 years old.

Yes, I know all about actuarial morbidity rates, and I knew that you will most likely have a major hospitalization involving either cancer or the heart, before you reach 70. I also know that you will not be able to pay for it, and it will end up being written off to the public, one way or the other. That makes you part of the problem, and the reason that we passed ACA. The penalties for not obtaining insurance are going to rise, until the are enough to offset the adverse selection of those who are insured because they are chronicly ill. Go ahead and continue to live in the 20th century. But, know that you are not fooling anybody. You are, in fact, a freeloader, not some sort of libertarian hero. I've said my piece, and I am out of here.

Yeah.....but what's he gonna to about that lying problem of his?

Well, there is that. But the posts that people make stating that they eat healthy foods and are immortal are the ones that I find most frustrating. I was immortal, too, when I was about 18 years old. Now, at 70, I am the last man standing of my close circle of 7 friends in high school. Some just dropped dead. Others took years to die. I now live in a retirement community, and there is no such thing as immortality. I know people who maxed out on their full coverage hospitalization Medicare benefits. I see bankruptcy's from medical bills. I, personally, go into the donut hole every year for RX benefits. I know a woman who has leukemia, and can not afford any more chemo until 2015. Sure, some people will never have to access medical insurance. Those are the ones that simply drop dead one day on the tennis court. Good luck with that plan....

I'm with you man.

People whining about high deductibles never seem to grasp the fact that by the time a deductible is reached in most cases.....the bills are going to be HUGE and the insurance is a bargain.

You've got one helluva crystal ball there bub....

:rofl:

Oh, but it is oh, so easy, when looking back instead of looking forward.

You have a whole lot to learn, Zandar, and frankly, I am very surprised that you have not learned it yet.

You have a whole lot to learn, Zandar, and frankly, I am very surprised that you have not learned it yet.

One thing you haven't seemed to learn is that it's none of your business what I choose to do with my life. I will live my life as I see fit. You play no part in it.

:thup:

I don't have health insurance. Why would I (or anyone else) lie about that? :cuckoo:

I want to see Dana bushes press secratary nude and in bed. Guys she plays boardgames like scrabble. When I heard that I knew she must be wild in bed. Use big sexy words and she's all yours guys.

It isn't unusual for people who lie to lose track of the things they say. Your lies are in this thread and in the thread back in April. Different lies...but all lies just the same.

Go ahead an reread your posts in this thread. See if you can figure out when your lie began.

Got a problem with lying I see. Such an honorable quality. However, your boy Obama gets a pass from you and the left?

That's a rhetorical question if you missed it

-Geaux

20141118_gruber.jpg

One thing you haven't seemed to learn is that it's none of your business what I choose to do with my life. I will live my life as I see fit. You play no part in it.

I may not have any impact on your life, but, when you fail to buy health insurance, then the cost of your health care gets shifted to ME, and THAT has an impact on MY life, so, yes, I have the right to complain about it on a public message board. I will also vote for those who seek to end freeloading by those who would prefer to continue to get their care paid for by someone else.

Why don't you?

I've explained my reasons in this thread. But basically, Idon't need it. It's too expensive for what you get. I have enough money to withstand a "black swan" event.

I may not have any impact on your life, but, when you fail to buy health insurance, then the cost of your health care gets shifted to ME, and THAT has an impact on MY life, so, yes, I have the right to complain about it on a public message board. I will also vote for those who seek to end freeloading by those who would prefer to continue to get their care paid for by someone else.

Freeloading? :rofl: You should take your head out of your ass old man. I don't require healthcare. When and if I do, I will pay out of pocket. meanwhile I will paying a tax...

If anyone is a freeloader it is you. You say you are 70 years old? That means you're on medicare. You're a burden to the healthcare system. It's people like me who are paying your way.

Why don't you?

I've explained my reasons in this thread. But basically, Idon't need it. It's too expensive for what you get. I have enough money to withstand a "black swan" event.

Freeloading? :rofl: You should take your head out of your ass old man. I don't require healthcare. When and if I do, I will pay out of pocket. meanwhile I will paying a tax...

If anyone is a freeloader it is you. You say you are 70 years old? That means you're on medicare. You're a burden to the healthcare system. It's people like me who are paying your way.

Ok, Zandar. I'll stop submitting Medicare claims. Just send me back the 50 years deductions from my pay check that I paid...with interest, please.

Forum List

Back