Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

Not much if you don't remember the Bush bashing the first time around. What is your definition of "class?"

The Bush bashing was as obnoxious as the Obama bashing is... so you agree the Obama bashing is pathetic?

imagine that?

point is W. is showing a lack of class

He doesn't owe you stupid demoncrats a damn thing except the snub.

You people and W. are disrespecting the American public and American tradition.

It's disgusting

hiding behind an ill parent? how cheesy

He's not hiding.

President George W. Bush has been pretty gracious after he left office.

And I think he was pretty much a failure during his time at bat.

W. is hiding from the tradition at Inaugural ceremonies. It's disrespectful at least, at most it is disgusting and nasty.

btw,, they have all been gracious after leaving office -- tradition. get it yet?

Last edited:
The Bush bashing was as obnoxious as the Obama bashing is... so you agree the Obama bashing is pathetic?

imagine that?

point is W. is showing a lack of class

He doesn't owe you stupid demoncrats a damn thing except the snub.

You people and W. are disrespecting the American public and American tradition.

It's disgusting

OMG! You must really find obama disgusting, then. I cannot recall anyone holding public office, particularly that office, who has shown more disdain and disrespect to the American people, the United States of America, and all we hold dear and cherish.

I always thought George developed a little bit of class after serving...

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

daddy bush was ill or he'd have been there.

the GOP hides baby bush. they didn't even let him speak at their convention.

romney is a sore loser.

It amazes me how you stupid demon crats demonize everyone and then expect them to show loyalty to you. You deserve the snub. You ain't worth the trip or the expense.

hiding behind an ill parent? how cheesy

He's not hiding.

President George W. Bush has been pretty gracious after he left office.

And I think he was pretty much a failure during his time at bat.

W. is hiding from the tradition at Inaugural ceremonies. It's disrespectful at least, at most it is disgusting and nasty.

btw,, they have all been gracious after leaving office -- tradition. get it yet?

and you deserve it too.

I always thought George developed a little bit of class after serving...

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

His father has been hospitalized for two or three months I think it's natural he would want to stay close to him and the classy thing would be not to criticize him for it.

Jesus H Christ! One day away from his poppy? :eusa_clap: I doubt he is sitting there holding GHWB hand.

Class is something people learn, they are not born with it...like silver spoons in their mouths
How about you not worry about how other's deal with their ailing father as far as class goes your making it very clear you were neither born with or learned it.

Let's see.. hang close with an aging and sick parent, or, go to DC for an inauguration where the crowd predominately hates you and wished death upon your for 8 years.

Yeah, how cheesy.

:lol:

this used to be a day most normal americans could and did put politics aside. Maybe it still is...what does that say about most of you all here?

it says you assholes elected the most d i v i s i v e asshole in history.

This used to be a day most normal Americans could and did put politics aside. Maybe it still is...what does that say about most of you all here?

We've grown weary of a President who engages in class warfare at every turn... while he lives the life of a rock start on our dime.

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

So Mike Dukakis missed George HW Bush's inauguration? Why was that?

Let's see.. hang close with an aging and sick parent, or, go to DC for an inauguration where the crowd predominately hates you and wished death upon your for 8 years.

Yeah, how cheesy.

:lol:

the classless demon craps threw eggs at the Presidental Car carrying President Bush,, no one threw eggs at obummer.

Scum like Dante and obamination would throw a rock at someone in grade school, then run to the teacher for protection....then blame the kid they hit with the rock for the tension in the classroom....and of course that kid better forgive them when they demand to have some of their lunch too.

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

So Mike Dukakis missed George HW Bush's inauguration? Why was that?

Dukakis was never a president.

Forum List

Back