Abraham Lincoln uncensored

Neither party will do you any good. They are criminal organizations only interested in enriching themselves and their 1% donors.

Look, concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community. I don't need the advice from someone like you pertaining to who I support politically, nor do blacks in general.
You should take my advice. Your IQ would increase exponentially.

My IQ is higher than yours so do as I suggested. Concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community. I don't need the advice from someone like you pertaining to who I support politically, nor do blacks in general.
LMFAO. Not a chance IQ2.

I'm quite certain it is. In fact I guarantee that your IQ is lower. So do as I suggested. Concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community.

Kid you have the IQ of a rock.
Hell I have a dog with a larger IQ than you.

Abraham Lincoln has been given a lot of credit because he signed the emancipation proclamation. But in reality he was forced to do so because blacks refused to be resettled in a colony in the Central American jungle.

"In his book The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery, historian Eric Foner writes that by 1862, Lincoln, as well as politically moderate members of Congress, saw colonization as at least a piece of the policy puzzle. "Both the law providing for abolition in the District of Columbia and the Second Confiscation Act included provisions for the colonization of those willing to emigrate. During 1862, Congress appropriated a total of $600,000 to aid in the transportation overseas of African-Americans," Foner wrote. Policy entrepreneurs of varying trustworthiness offered colonization proposals in such far-flung locales as Brazil, Colombia, and the Caribbean island of St. Croix.

But most black Americans weren’t buying. Seeking their support, Lincoln met with a black delegation at the White House on Aug. 14, 1862, and made the case for colonization. It was widely considered a failure. Lincoln offended his visitors, and others who read the after-the-fact newspaper coverage, by saying such things as, "It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated" and that for blacks to refuse to colonize elsewhere would be "extremely selfish."

Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?

Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies

Here are some words from the republican Abe Lincoln:

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

This is the Abraham Lincoln they didn’t tell you about in school.

As the free black leaders soon discovered, Lincoln’s invitation to discuss policy was a pretext for a one-sided sales pitch.

“I do not propose to discuss this, but to present it as a fact with which we have to deal,” Lincoln continued. “I cannot alter it if I would. It is a fact, about which we all think and feel alike, I and you.”

Lincoln continued to unload on the delegates, even blaming their people for the Civil War at his doorstep: “See our present condition—the country engaged in war!—our white men cutting one another’s throats, none knowing how far it will extend; and then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or the other. Nevertheless, I repeat, without the institution of Slavery and the colored race as a basis, the war could not have an existence.”

Slavery was a law made legal by whites and yet Lincoln blames blacks for the civil war.

This brought the president back to colonization, and his purpose for inviting the delegates to the White House in the first place—to get them to accept his trial balloon.

“I suppose one of the principal difficulties in the way of colonization is that the free colored man cannot see that his comfort would be advanced by it,” Lincoln reasoned. “You may believe you can live in Washington or elsewhere in the United States the remainder of your life [as easily], perhaps more so than you can in any foreign country, and hence you may come to the conclusion that you have nothing to do with the idea of going to a foreign country. This is (I speak in no unkind sense) an extremely selfish view of the case.”

Then he pivoted: “But you ought to do something to help those who are not so fortunate as yourselves.”

In Lincoln’s mind, if these free leaders stepped forward to lead the emigration of black people out of the United States, that would make it easier for white slaveholders to free the rest.

He explained: “If you could give a start to white people, you would open a wide door for many to be made free. If we deal with those who are not free at the beginning, and whose intellects are clouded by Slavery, we have very poor materials to start with. If intelligent colored men, such as are before me, would move in this matter, much might be accomplished. It is exceedingly important that we have men at the beginning capable of thinking as white men, and not those who have been systematically oppressed.”

Nothing like flattering some of the race by insulting the rest!

“There is much to encourage you,” Lincoln continued pitching. “For the sake of your race you should sacrifice something of your present comfort for the purpose of being as grand in that respect as the white people.”

https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black-people-back-to-africa-1790858389

This is part of republican history they don't want to tell blacks as they try to herd dumb blacks into republican slave quarters.

Is/was it ok that Blacks owned slaves?

I don't think owning black people is good in any way. And the secessionists of the South making it clear that they were breaking away to protect and expand the institution of race based slavery was horrible, and all of those legislators pushing secession and 100% of the votes for that secession for that reasoning were white.

There is one exception for black slaveholders. No one knows what percentage of black slave owners fell under this, but as more black slaves were being freed, many states in the South passed laws that black slaves could not ever be emancipated. This meant that fathers had wives, children, extended family and friends who were enslaved with no way of freeing them. Some wrote about their decision to buy their families and friends. As awful as that sounds when it's the only legal option available, I don't fault that when it was the only option to live. As for those not owning black slaves for that reason they were definitely in the wrong.

What part don't you get, owning a slave was like owning a I pad today, it was the technology of the time, every one had to have one to make their lives easier.

And as far as Lincoln's emancipation proclamation being forced upon him, that only works if you have a Marty mcfly delorean. It was July of 1862 when Lincoln was sharing his emancipation proclamation he had written with his cabinet, and AFTER that, in August of that year was when the black delegation rejected his voluntary resettlement idea.

So to say that that black delegation response influenced his decision to emancipate, would need a swapping of events in history.

I'm not so sure about that SandSquid. The EP was an executive order issued in January 1863 after meeting with the delegation. Had they accepted his proposal the EP would probably have been unnecessary.

Yes it took effect In 1863. Something he had written well before July when he shared it with his cabinet, and threatened in September.

And let's not forget his pushing for Congress to act on slaves recovered by troops, freeing slaves where he could as a senator and president (DC and the only thing he required West va to do to enter the us was abolish slavery, and of course fighting for the 13th amendment to free every slave in the US.

You need a time machine to say he was forced to come up with it before that delegation, as it was already written before they showed up.

I don't know about all that since blacks did reject his proposal you really can't say it had bothing to do with it. Lincoln went to congress in December 1862 still pushing colonization and continued to by asking if other governments would accept blacks sent from America.

Which puts that months after he had publicly released his emancipation proclamation and said if the South didn't surrender, it would take effect in January.

So clearly the later one can't have influenced something that came before it.

I think you need to show me where he made that announcement.

About this Collection  |  Abraham Lincoln Papers at the Library of Congress  |  Digital Collections  |  Library of Congress

He drafted it and went over it with his Sec of State (Seward) and other cabinet members in July of 1862. Then later that month showed it to his entire cabinet asking them about any wording critiques.

Seward advised him not to put it out until after a major Union win, so after Antietam On Sep 22, 1862 Lincoln made it public saying ". . . on the first day of January . . . all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free."

Preliminary Emacipation Proclamation, 1862

Ended up costing Republicans heavy in the midterms, and the Confederate response was brutal. They passed a law in response that stated that the black U.S. soldiers captured while fighting against the Confederacy would be tried as slave insurrectionists in civil courts—a capital offense with automatic sentence of death.

Look, concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community. I don't need the advice from someone like you pertaining to who I support politically, nor do blacks in general.

My IQ is higher than yours so do as I suggested. Concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community. I don't need the advice from someone like you pertaining to who I support politically, nor do blacks in general.
LMFAO. Not a chance IQ2.

I'm quite certain it is. In fact I guarantee that your IQ is lower. So do as I suggested. Concern yourself with the politics affecting the white community.
I’ve never met a racist with an IQ over 10. I doubt you are the exception.

That's because I'm not a racist.

Lincoln was an asshole in many ways. It is despicable that there is a monument in DC to him. We built a monument to a shithead that started a war that resulted in the deaths of almost a million Americans and fucked up a third of this country for almost 100 years.

Lincoln was an asshole in many ways. It is despicable that there is a monument in DC to him. We built a monument to a shithead that started a war that resulted in the deaths of almost a million Americans and fucked up a third of this country for almost 100 years.

Yup, been hearing that from the pro-slavery twats for 150 years.... Find your safe space and cry out that you can't own people anymore snowflake.

Those morons rebelled against the US, overran hundreds of US federal properties, forced the surrender of 1/4 of the US military and acted offended that he responded with force. Inbreeding... it's the only excuse.

But yeah, it takes a special kind to really decide they like the idea of starting a war with America, to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans... men, women, and children all so they can protect and expand race based slavery. But for some, that's what they love.

I trash Lincoln and his motives and I get accused of racism and supporting slavery.
A black racist like im2 does it and all is well and Lincoln was a POS
Our society is fucking stupid.

I trash Lincoln and his motives and I get accused of racism and supporting slavery.

No, he made his points and I countered some of them and he took actual fact into account.

You just repeated those same tired old lazy white supremacist lost cause myths.

I get you are upset, but maybe educate yourself using actual source history, and avoid the "I'll just repeat these good old white supremacist debunked lies I see here", and people will start treating you better.

You think you are bringing up something new... no, it's the same crap lies those pro-slavery groups tried saying.

LMFAO. Not a chance IQ2.

I’ve never met a racist with an IQ over 10. I doubt you are the exception.

That's because I'm not a racist.

Bullshit

Fact is slavery sucked. Jews were slaves to Egyptians for 1000s of years. Should we get reparations? In the end, the ancestors of African American slaves get to live in America and Canada vs Africa. I think that’s a win.

No, he made his points and I countered some of them and he took actual fact into account.

I get you are upset, but maybe educate yourself using actual source history, and avoid the "I'll just repeat these good old white supremacist debunked lies I see here", and people will start treating you better.

You think you are bringing up something new... no, it's the same crap lies those pro-slavery groups tried saying.
Lincoln was racist and a tyrant. I didn't even read your bullshit passed the 2nd sentence.

Lincoln was racist and a tyrant. I didn't even read your bullshit passed the 2nd sentence.

I know. It makes sense you'd like to just keep your uninformed opinion rather than do something like read and educate yourself. Hell you probably think Tennessee seceded for good reasons even.

I know. It makes sense you'd like to just keep your uninformed opinion rather than do something like read and educate yourself. Hell you probably think Tennessee seceded for good reasons even.
So he wasnt a racist? He didn't abuse his powers? He didn't shit all over the constitution?
Show me where I am wrong, oh great one.

So he wasnt a racist? He didn't abuse his powers? He didn't shit all over the constitution?

Oh yes he did to suppress a rebellion... that started to protect and expand slavery. It's funny how people say the Republican party never changed... then flip out that Lincoln used the largest potential misuse of presidential powers... to free slaves. That he lied like crazy on his campaign speeches... to go back and say he was going to fight for black suffrage.. How he pulled some of the dirtiest politics for support in US history... to pass the 13th amendment. Definitely fought for what he believed was right by any means

It had those racist pro-slavery people so upset... still does even 150 years later.

Oh yes he did to suppress a rebellion... that started to protect and expand slavery. It's funny how people say the Republican party never changed... then flip out that Lincoln used the largest potential misuse of presidential powers... to free slaves. That he lied like crazy on his campaign speeches... to go back and say he was going to fight for black suffrage.. How he pulled some of the dirtiest politics for support in US history... to pass the 13th amendment.

It had those racist pro-slavery people so upset... still does even 150 years later.
So you agree he was a racist tyrant. Thanks.

Oh yes he did to suppress a rebellion... that started to protect and expand slavery. It's funny how people say the Republican party never changed... then flip out that Lincoln used the largest potential misuse of presidential powers... to free slaves. That he lied like crazy on his campaign speeches... to go back and say he was going to fight for black suffrage.. How he pulled some of the dirtiest politics for support in US history... to pass the 13th amendment.

No... I think those things were the opposite of racist. How is ending slavery and fighting for human rights for black people racist? A racist tyrant would be Tennessee's governor for example. Jefferson Davis, the founding fathers of the Confederacy were racist tyrants. Not the guy who joined the anti-slavery party.

And while it is questionable that he had the right to do those things, his legal standing was just that... questionable..

No... I think those things were the opposite of racist. How is ending slavery and fighting for human rights for black people racist? A racist tyrant would be Tennessee's governor for example. Jefferson Davis, the founding fathers of the Confederacy were racist tyrants. Not the guy who joined the anti-slavery party.

And while it is questionable that he had the right to do those things, his legal standing was just that... questionable..
Lol I see you never read history passed a high school history book

What are you basing that on?

Your ridiculous cliches that plagued your posts

Your ridiculous cliches that plagued your posts

Such as that the Confederacy was filled with racist tyrants? I'm sure you buy that line that Tennessee seceded for honorable reasons huh? lol

Lincoln started it? LOL

Forum List

Back