Abraham Lincoln uncensored

What are you basing that on?
Your ridiculous cliches that plagued your posts

Such as that the Confederacy was filled with racist tyrants? I'm sure you buy that line that Tennessee seceded for honorable reasons huh? lol
I don't support much of the confederacy. I am against slavery. I am against any kind of abuse of power. I am also against shutting down newspapers and arresting people. Sending your thugs out to pillage and burn. Telling your supreme court to go fuck themselves. Etc etc etc.
I do support his assassination.
I don't support your ridiculous bullshit that he freed any slaves. That he cared about black folk..
If you read what he actually said and did, you wouldn't say the bullshit you do
Hence, the high school history book reference.

You must HATE Trump then, that much is sure...

So wait... so if people were trying to overthrow the government to install sharia law, you would just say "let them be" and push for anarchy?

And now you want to rewrite history.. What do you say we do with the stories of all those slaves? The thousands celebrating the Emancipation Proclamation? Just dump that crap because it doesn't fit your revised version of history? Burn their stories, destroy the evidence, then you can have your version of history with nothing to say that isn't true?

And there probably will be people like you in 100 years. Saying "look there, HW Bush said no more taxes, and that's proof he never raised taxes, and Obama said Obamacare would go perfectly and you can keep your provider so that is the truth. Don't look at the actual facts, campaign speeches are all just truths.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on this topic. It's abundantly clear that you'd rather write your own and keep your ignorance instead.
Trump is no Lincoln but I do not support him. Not sure why that matters though.
What slave did the emancipation proclamation free? None is the answer. It only applies to states he had no control over.
A journalist wrote a piece in his paper to Lincoln that called on him to free all slaves in union control. He said if he could win this war without freeing one slave he would. He said that because it was about the union. He didn't care about the slaves, he was just against the concept of owning other humans. One of the few things I agree with him on.
He only did the EP because England was about to support the confederacy.
Put your high school cliches in the back of the bus.

Yes, the journalist wrote that piece. Granted that same Journalist, Horace Greeley, also wrote his context to Lincoln's reply that he was paving the way for his emancipation proclamation trying to garner public support and all along he wanted to free the slaves. But you seem to leave that journalist out of history when it doesn't suit you.

Why OVER AND OVER AND OVER do you keep wanting to destroy or rewrite history?

If he didn't care about the slaves, why write legislation as a senator to free them. Why push to keep it from expanding. Why end it in DC. Why make slavery the ONLY thing W. Va had to abandon to join the US? Why free the slaves in the south and then fight for the 13th amendment?

I trash Lincoln and his motives and I get accused of racism and supporting slavery.
A black racist like im2 does it and all is well and Lincoln was a POS
Our society is fucking stupid.
I don't like what either one of you say about Lincoln, but in that they're facts, what can I say?
I don't like IM's attitude at all, nor yours.
You're a confederate, TN. It wouldn't have mattered if Jesus Christ himself was CoC of the United States military at the time, you would hate him and call him names and find something to argue was wrong with what he did because YOU LOST.
Lincoln held this country together so that we could go on to be the biggest hot shots on the planet. We have a lot to thank him for.
I'm not a Confederate. That's bullshit.
We all lost the war. We lost almost one million Americans. There is STILL division over north and south.
I am against Lincoln's trampling of the constitution and skillfully strategy of fort sumter causing the civil war to stop states from doing something the constitution never forbid.
You can kiss my ass!
Sorry. I was too harsh. You have absorbed a perspective of history, though, told by the losers. If you are willing to move on from that disastrous war, why do you keep bringing it up?

civil-war-southerners-re-enactors-with-period-items-from-guns-to-uniforms-ACBN6D.jpg

Texas vs white was a RIP OFF anyways. It used the articles of confederation as justification even though it was replaced almost 100 years earlier.
What a load of bullshit. They literally just made up excuses for ruling on their feelings.

So much for "walking all over the Supreme Court" I guess it only applies when you don't like it. Fucking retarded aren't you. You literally debunked your entire complaint there
It happened after the fact and used the AoC that has been replaced.
Lincoln actually defied the supreme court. I am arguing against one of their "interpretations"
You are comparing Apples and supernovas

I trash Lincoln and his motives and I get accused of racism and supporting slavery.
I don't like what either one of you say about Lincoln, but in that they're facts, what can I say?
You're a confederate, TN. It wouldn't have mattered if Jesus Christ himself was CoC of the United States military at the time, you would hate him and call him names and find something to argue was wrong with what he did because YOU LOST.
Lincoln held this country together so that we could go on to be the biggest hot shots on the planet. We have a lot to thank him for.
We all lost the war. We lost almost one million Americans. There is STILL division over north and south.
I am against Lincoln's trampling of the constitution and skillfully strategy of fort sumter causing the civil war to stop states from doing something the constitution never forbid.
You can kiss my ass!
Sorry. I was too harsh. You have absorbed a perspective of history, though, told by the losers. If you are willing to move on from that disastrous war, why do you keep bringing it up?

civil-war-southerners-re-enactors-with-period-items-from-guns-to-uniforms-ACBN6D.jpg
You mean lincolns own words and actions? Lol ok :dunno:

You can kiss my ass!

Not everyone looks at his actions the way you do, TN. And I still think even the South and even the descendants of slaves here ought to thank him for pulling us back together and eventually stopping the kicking and screaming over being able to own human beings.

You can kiss my ass!

Not everyone looks at his actions the way you do, TN. And I still think even the South and even the descendants of slaves here ought to thank him for pulling us back together and eventually stopping the kicking and screaming over being able to own human beings.
Some don't see him as tyrant even though his actions are tyrannical. To the T

tyr·an·ny
/ˈtirənē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. cruel and oppressive government or rule.
    "people who survive war and escape tyranny"
    synonyms: despotism, absolutism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, undemocratic rule, reign of terror, totalitarianism, Fascism; More
    • a nation under cruel and oppressive government.
    • cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.

Texas vs white was a RIP OFF anyways. It used the articles of confederation as justification even though it was replaced almost 100 years earlier.
What a load of bullshit. They literally just made up excuses for ruling on their feelings.

So much for "walking all over the Supreme Court" I guess it only applies when you don't like it. Fucking retarded aren't you. You literally debunked your entire complaint there
It happened after the fact and used the AoC that has been replaced.
Lincoln actually defied the supreme court. I am arguing against one of their "interpretations"
You are comparing Apples and supernovas

Yes. In America courts don't hear cases until after the occurrence. We don't try somebody for a crime that they have yet to commit. and again you're walking all over the Supreme Court here something just a few posts ago you were saying was completely wrong. The Supreme Court ruled that secession was illegal. It was based off of their interpretation of the law as it existed. It was founded in their constitutional power to both law and fact in that jurisdiction. If you want to walk all over the Supreme Court that is your decision.

But when you need to do that to rewrite history. There you go.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You can kiss my ass!

Some don't see him as tyrant even though his actions are tyrannical. To the T

tyr·an·ny
/ˈtirənē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. cruel and oppressive government or rule.
    "people who survive war and escape tyranny"
    synonyms: despotism, absolutism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, undemocratic rule, reign of terror, totalitarianism, Fascism; More
    • a nation under cruel and oppressive government.
    • cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.

So it's oppressive to fight for freedom.. got it.

• Thanks
You can kiss my ass!

Yep. and when he in his first inaugural address said that he would fight for black suffrage, an actor at that speech came out yelling "that means ****** citizenship!"

And a week later that same person killed him over it. Sickening that some people today still think that that was a good action and try to rewrite history.

• Thanks
Your ridiculous cliches that plagued your posts

Such as that the Confederacy was filled with racist tyrants? I'm sure you buy that line that Tennessee seceded for honorable reasons huh? lol
I don't support much of the confederacy. I am against slavery. I am against any kind of abuse of power. I am also against shutting down newspapers and arresting people. Sending your thugs out to pillage and burn. Telling your supreme court to go fuck themselves. Etc etc etc.
I don't support your ridiculous bullshit that he freed any slaves. That he cared about black folk..

So wait... so if people were trying to overthrow the government to install sharia law, you would just say "let them be" and push for anarchy?

And now you want to rewrite history.. What do you say we do with the stories of all those slaves? The thousands celebrating the Emancipation Proclamation? Just dump that crap because it doesn't fit your revised version of history? Burn their stories, destroy the evidence, then you can have your version of history with nothing to say that isn't true?

And there probably will be people like you in 100 years. Saying "look there, HW Bush said no more taxes, and that's proof he never raised taxes, and Obama said Obamacare would go perfectly and you can keep your provider so that is the truth. Don't look at the actual facts, campaign speeches are all just truths.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on this topic. It's abundantly clear that you'd rather write your own and keep your ignorance instead.
What slave did the emancipation proclamation free? None is the answer. It only applies to states he had no control over.
A journalist wrote a piece in his paper to Lincoln that called on him to free all slaves in union control. He said if he could win this war without freeing one slave he would. He said that because it was about the union. He didn't care about the slaves, he was just against the concept of owning other humans. One of the few things I agree with him on.

Yes, the journalist wrote that piece. Granted that same Journalist, Horace Greeley, also wrote his context to Lincoln's reply that he was paving the way for his emancipation proclamation trying to garner public support and all along he wanted to free the slaves. But you seem to leave that journalist out of history when it doesn't suit you.

If he didn't care about the slaves, why write legislation as a senator to free them. Why push to keep it from expanding. Why end it in DC. Why make slavery the ONLY thing W. Va had to abandon to join the US? Why free the slaves in the south and then fight for the 13th amendment?
IM2 I realize we were in a different thread, but read this on what Lincoln personally felt about slavery. My thanks to Sand Squid for cheering my heart just a bit.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune....As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

IM2 I realize we were in a different thread, but read this on what Lincoln personally felt about slavery. My thanks to Sand Squid for cheering my heart just a bit.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune....As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Well said. There's a lot of people trying to rewrite that objective, or classic statement of Lincolns Presidential responsibilities to the cause of what they were fighting for. Lincoln multiple times, in his inauguration speech and his letters to Confederate leaders say the cause was slavery. He said it again in his 2nd secession speech. Which is why you have to choose intentional ignorance to use the one section of that speech. You have to deny the rest, deny his actions, deny his statements on cause, and his beliefs that slaves should be free. But to some, when they see a line they like, they are willing to be intentionally ignorant to context and everything else.

TNHarley made mention of that, with Lincoln not freeing all the slaves with his emancipation proclamation. Which goes back to what those Southern slave owners considered his "Tyranny" that was worth killing him for. He said states in open rebellion were not protected under the Constitution, therefore, he didn't need to wait for an amendment by Congress (which even without the southern legislators was very tenuous at best), and therefore he could free their slaves. More "tyranny" with him telling W. Va that the only way they could rejoin the Union is if they passed anti-slavery legislation. More "Tyranny" freeing slaves on federal properties. More "Tyranny" with ending slavery in DC. More "Tyranny" with trying to stop slavery from expanding, and more "tyranny" with not actively enforcing the fugitive slave law and actually taking a stance against that early in the war calling them "contraband". You can see that tyranny in the words of the southern leaders, and their pushing a response to his tyranny that all black US soldiers who surrendered could be tried for inciting and insurrection and tried with an automatic death penalty. It was "tyranny" because blacks were property not people.

It is odd that people today still believe his actions used to give freedom to people is tyranny. I thought the slave mentality that it was just taking their property and blacks aren't real people had long since vanished, but apparently not.

What TNHarley forgot, is in the United States we don't have a monarchy. Lincoln didn't have the power to free slaves in the north except DC, W. Va, and federal properties where he did, and made mention of that. For those who don't understand how an amendment works, a President can't just write amendments. So that point is null and just a lie based on some wrong interpretation of how the Constitution works. Call it a 5th grade civics class failure. But if you want to see what he felt about slavery in the North, well his work to get legislation on the 13th passed says all you need to hear.

TNHarley said "undemocratic rule" is tyranny. Well after the DEMOCRATIC election process for Lincoln, states rebelled saying his stance on slavery was something they disagreed with and would fight to protect. IN all just under 2% of southerners actually voted to leave the United States. Their government was founded because after a democratic election, a miniscule percentage of people voted to leave. So Lincoln FOUGHT tyranny by TN's definition.

It's an "Oppressive government" according to TNHarley. Well one of those two sides was fighting to protect and expand human enslavement. The other fought to stop them.

You can kiss my ass!

850,000 dead Americans and half the nation destroyed to prevent the South from leaving. Much better to let them leave peacefully.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

I've read that. Now can you please understand there is a difference between freeing slaves and believing they were humans and equal in every way to whites?

You can kiss my ass!

850,000 dead Americans and half the nation destroyed to prevent the South from leaving. Much better to let them leave peacefully.
Had Lincoln let the south secede, slavery might still be legal in the confederacy.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

I've read that. Now can you please understand there is a difference between freeing slaves and believing they were humans and equal in every way to whites?
I wanted to thank this but you are such an asshole I couldnt.

You can kiss my ass!

Had Lincoln let the south secede, slavery might still be legal in the confederacy.
No way.

You can kiss my ass!

Not a chance. It was on its way out in 1861.

Forum List

Back