About ACORN...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
So the guy that was "caught" on camera giving advice on human smuggling actually went to the police long before the video was released.

Sounds to me that he was playing along with the "pimp" and "ho"...

NATIONAL CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Police say a worker with the activist group ACORN who was caught on video giving advice about human smuggling to a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute had reported the incident to authorities.
National City police said Monday that Juan Carlos Vera contacted his cousin, a police detective, to get advice on what to with information on possible human smuggling.
TCPalm : Treasure Coast, Palm Beach, News Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars, & Information

So the guy that was "caught" on camera giving advice on human smuggling actually went to the police long before the video was released.

NATIONAL CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Police say a worker with the activist group ACORN who was caught on video giving advice about human smuggling to a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute had reported the incident to authorities.
National City police said Monday that Juan Carlos Vera contacted his cousin, a police detective, to get advice on what to with information on possible human smuggling.
TCPalm : Treasure Coast, Palm Beach, News Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars, & Information
Hmmm. The ACORN employee went to the police on Monday (9/21) and reported this.

The tapes of the employees came out last week.

Ravi, have you ever heard of the term "covering your ass"? This is laughable attempt. It's more laughable that you posted it.

Last edited:

Ravi, have you ever heard of the term "covering your ass"? This is laughable attempt. It's more laughable that you posted it.
Perhaps you can't read. August 18 plus two days makes August 20.

Ravi, I usually enjoy your posts, but if you believe this.....I am gravely concerned.

ACORN's David Lagstein issued the following statement regarding Vera:

After release of the second San Diego video by the unscrupulous partisan videographers, we have reevaluated our assessment of the incident that occurred last month. No paperwork was filed, but the video reflects unacceptable conduct that contradicts the earlier statements of ACORN Organizer Juan Carlos Vera. He has been terminated. San Diego ACORN and ACORN offices around the country are continuing to halt our service programs pending the results of the evaluation of the independent Advisory Council and we are continuing to fight on our campaigns: stopping foreclosures, affordable, accessible health care, and a strong education for all children.

Ravi, I usually enjoy your posts, but if you believe this.....I am gravely concerned.
You think the police are lying?

No need to be concerned Ravi will be Ravi. You'll get used to it.

I could give two cents what the police say. If you have ANY doubts that ACORN is a corrupt organization wasting OUR tax dollars for their corruption, then you are much dumber than I initially thought.

I could give two cents what the police say. If you have ANY doubts that ACORN is a corrupt organization wasting OUR tax dollars for their corruption, then you are much dumber than I initially thought.
Forgive me, I thought you were someone that could think rationally. Apparently I was mistaken...you get all your thoughts from the media.

If you want to accuse the cops of lying about this, fine. I don't think they are lying.

Forgive me, I thought you were someone that could think rationally. Apparently I was mistaken...you get all your thoughts from the media.

If you want to accuse the cops of lying about this, fine. I don't think they are lying.

Again, I could care less what the cops say. This is about ACORN.

I see your point. Still, two days? And, I have no idea why anyone would "play along" in an illegal act without being a pre-arranged informant with the authorities. Even if the idiot did have that in mind, it took two days before contacting authorities? Then, when I hear nothing from those authorities for days? Bullshit. I'm naive, but not that bad.

Yeah, if someone came to me and said, "Hey Si, make a bomb for me". I think to myself, 'wow, I can maybe catch this criminal. But, hmmmm, the cops don't know that is my intent...better play it safe and follow the law and reject the offer'.

This has bullshit written all over it.

Last edited:

I see your point. Still, two days? And, I have no idea why anyone would "play along" in an illegal act without being a pre-arranged informant with the authorities. Even if the idot did have that in mind, it took two days before contacting authorities? Then, when I hear nothing from those authorities for days? Bullshit. I'm naive, but not that bad.

Yeah, if someone came to me and said, "Hey Si, make a bomb for me". I think to myself, 'wow, I can maybe catch this criminal. But, hmmmm, the cops don't know that is my intent...better play it safe and follow the law and tell reject the offer'.

Did you even read the article?

I see your point. Still, two days? And, I have no idea why anyone would "play along" in an illegal act without being a pre-arranged informant with the authorities. Even if the idot did have that in mind, it took two days before contacting authorities? Then, when I hear nothing from those authorities for days? Bullshit. I'm naive, but not that bad.

Yeah, if someone came to me and said, "Hey Si, make a bomb for me". I think to myself, 'wow, I can maybe catch this criminal. But, hmmmm, the cops don't know that is my intent...better play it safe and follow the law and tell reject the offer'.

Logic MUST be applied to any thinking on this. AND if you do apply logic, I believe we would ALL come to the same conclusion. BULLSHIT!

What point do you want to make? Clearly articulate how you reason that this is not bullshit (or whatever your point actually is). Use language to communicate your point.

Last edited:
The only thing that amazes me about this whole situation, including all of the previous election fraud convictions that have been rendered against ACORN members, is why on Earth ACORN is not the subject of a Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization (RICO) investigation.

The only possible answer to that is political corruption at the highest levels.

What point do you want to make? Clearly articulate how you reason that this is not bullshit (or whatever your point actually is). Use language to communicate your point.
He talked to his cousin, a cop and asked for advice. He reported the incident. The cops called him a few days later and he said it all turned out to be a hoax.

So he waited two days...I would have called the cops right away but I'm not him. He eventually did the right thing.

Why did these two people, if they thought ACORN was engaged in criminal activity at this level, wait a month before making their allegations? Why did THEY not report it to the cops?

I agree that it's bullshit...but the bullshit is more evident on the other side.

The only thing that amazes me about this whole situation, including all of the previous election fraud convictions that have been rendered against ACORN members, is why on Earth ACORN is not the subject of a Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization (RICO) investigation.

The only possible answer to that is political corruption at the highest levels.
Not sure why you say that. ACORN employees committed fraud by filling out false voter registration claims. ACORN didn't condone that behavior...what benefit would it be to them to turn in false registrations? I can't see any benefit at all. Micky Mouse and Donald Duck? GMAFB. And ACORN is the one that turned their employees in.

ACORN is required by law to turn in every application they receive, even if they think or know that it is false.

He talked to his cousin, a cop and asked for advice. He reported the incident. The cops called him a few days later and he said it all turned out to be a hoax.

So he waited two days...I would have called the cops right away but I'm not him. He eventually did the right thing.

Why did these two people, if they thought ACORN was engaged in criminal activity at this level, wait a month before making their allegations? Why did THEY not report it to the cops?

I agree that it's bullshit...but the bullshit is more evident on the other side.
All in the family, eh? So his cousin says they chatted about participating in human smuggling - two days later. Uh-huh.

HUMAN SMUGGLING.

Last edited:

All in the family, eh? So his cousin says they chatted about it - two days later. Uh-huh.
I see you didn't read the article.

No problem, a closed mind is a typical American mind these days.

All in the family, eh? So his cousin says they chatted about it - two days later. Uh-huh.
I see you didn't read the article.

No problem, a closed mind is a typical American mind these days.
Again, you haven't a point to make. If you have a rebuttal, don't just type idiocy, make a point. Language use is not all that difficult.

It's like pulling fucking teeth around here.

Forum List

Back