Abortion and birth control: Crazy sexy stupid

England has sex education and 'free' birth control available to teenagers, and yet they have the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe.

It is not about education or providing birth control. We - like the English - just don't bother giving our kids a moral compass.

Alot of people here believe condoms, abortions and birth control are morally wrong, alot of Catholics believe this,

Catholicism is the only major religion out of the major ones that doesn't allow birth control. Protestants, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and various branches of Judaism all allow some form of birth control to be used.

Birth control is not a natural thing though. It really fucks a woman's hormones up, and I've seen too many times how it affects their mental state.

Women get CRAZY on that crap, even more so than they already naturally are :D

So the dilemma becomes: Get snipped, tie tubes, wear condoms forever (which sucks ass), or take chances with the pull out method.

I don't have much comment on those except to say getting snipped scares the shit out of me :lol:

England has sex education and 'free' birth control available to teenagers, and yet they have the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe.

It is not about education or providing birth control. We - like the English - just don't bother giving our kids a moral compass.

low education level and poverty are linked to teenage pregnancy.

and it is a stigma because of the "moral compass".

I'll agree with you on the first point. And disagree on the second. But I think you probably misunderstand what I mean by 'moral compass'. I don't necessarily mean abstinence, I do mean being sensible and careful.

I have already - in another thread - outlined how I think we could address the 'low educational' and poverty issues so I won't reiterate that here.... other than to say that, it could be achieved and I happen to think it is vital to the future of our country that we do address it.

or take chances with the pull out method.

$carol.jpg

Teen pregnancy and single motherhood are not "socially acceptable" in European countries. Its not religious; its cultural. Here in the US, it is not only acceotable. In many areas, it is the norm.

I'll agree with you on the first point. And disagree on the second. But I think you probably misunderstand what I mean by 'moral compass'. I don't necessarily mean abstinence, I do mean being sensible and careful.

I have already - in another thread - outlined how I think we could address the 'low educational' and poverty issues so I won't reiterate that here.... other than to say that, it could be achieved and I happen to think it is vital to the future of our country that we do address it.

what i heard when you mentioned "morality" was the widespread stigma of pre-marital sex which is meted out by "morality", which is linked to religious dogma, which is is an anachronism and a big obstacle to sex-ed.

of course there are values parents should imprint on their children which should make them capable of avoiding unwanted teenage pregnancy, married or not.

one big value is education.

We have a very comprehensive sex ed program at our school and a free clinic two blocks from the high school. Yet our area has the 2nd highest teen pregnancy rate in the state. Why? Because its a family tradition. You can't change cultural attitudes simply through the. schools. They are not a panacea to every frickin societal problem. They are merely a
microcosm.

We have a very comprehensive sex ed program at our school and a free clinic two blocks from the high school. Yet our area has the 2nd highest teen pregnancy rate in the state. Why? Because its a family tradition. You can't change cultural attitudes simply through the. schools. They are not a panacea to every frickin societal problem. They are merely a
microcosm.

so, where is the failure? Is it the nature which brings out life forms that wants to spawn? Or is it the society which wants to denies this?

I think our way failed even in this way. We have here in germany 150.000 abortions per year - that´s a whole town. Simultaneously we have a big problem with aging. Does anyone care? No. Abortions are paid by the health insurance, the families are more and more left alone and the career women are condemning their thick bellied sisters. This can´t work.

And England, which has also 540 abortions a day, sended now the fist abortion advertising on air

image-90148-panoV9free-ghhj.jpg

Last edited:
Alot of people here believe condoms, abortions and birth control are morally wrong, alot of Catholics believe this,

which is why my wife's insurance doesn't cover either of them. She works for a catholic hospital.

And others believe they reduce the rates of teen pregnancy. Funny thing is the people who believe those things are immoral might be right, but the ones who believe they keep teens from getting pregnant are definitely wrong.

What does that make people who complain about other people's opinions?

Catholicism is the only major religion out of the major ones that doesn't allow birth control. Protestants, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and various branches of Judaism all allow some form of birth control to be used.

Alot of people here just believe abstinence is the best way, which is ridiculous because it never works.

How do you figure that? Abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective, which means that it actually works. Unless you are trying to say all those teen pregnancies are actually miracles, maybe you should talk to the Pope about that.

Alot of people here just believe abstinence is the best way, which is ridiculous because it never works.

How do you figure that? Abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective, which means that it actually works. Unless you are trying to say all those teen pregnancies are actually miracles, maybe you should talk to the Pope about that.

abstinence always works, as long as you practice it, which can be very difficult.... I remember being 18..

I wouldn't say abstinence never works. I'm sure there are plenty of people who follow that to a tee and that's fine. However, the problem is when certain groups try to apply one solution (abstinence) to a group of people (teenagers) of all different walks of life, religion, social class, culture, etc. One size fits all solution rarely work in such a case.

No single solution works when it is applied to everyone, which is why the federal government should stay out of most things that it sticks its fingers in. The main reason that the various European countries are able to keep teen pregnancies down is they are smaller, and have less diverse populations. They are more able to tailor solutions to their needs as a result.

I wouldn't say abstinence never works. I'm sure there are plenty of people who follow that to a tee and that's fine. However, the problem is when certain groups try to apply one solution (abstinence) to a group of people (teenagers) of all different walks of life, religion, social class, culture, etc. One size fits all solution rarely work in such a case.

No single solution works when it is applied to everyone, which is why the federal government should stay out of most things that it sticks its fingers in. The main reason that the various European countries are able to keep teen pregnancies down is they are smaller, and have less diverse populations. They are more able to tailor solutions to their needs as a result.

please elaborate on the less diverse populations in europe, which have impact on birth control.

Forum List

Back