Abortion and birth control: Crazy sexy stupid

Alot of people here just believe abstinence is the best way, which is ridiculous because it never works.

How do you figure that? Abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective, which means that it actually works. Unless you are trying to say all those teen pregnancies are actually miracles, maybe you should talk to the Pope about that.

abstinence always works, as long as you practice it, which can be very difficult.... I remember being 18..

Me too. The thing is, if you do not do it it is not abstinence, it is having sex.

I wouldn't say abstinence never works. I'm sure there are plenty of people who follow that to a tee and that's fine. However, the problem is when certain groups try to apply one solution (abstinence) to a group of people (teenagers) of all different walks of life, religion, social class, culture, etc. One size fits all solution rarely work in such a case.

No single solution works when it is applied to everyone, which is why the federal government should stay out of most things that it sticks its fingers in. The main reason that the various European countries are able to keep teen pregnancies down is they are smaller, and have less diverse populations. They are more able to tailor solutions to their needs as a result.

please elaborate on the less diverse populations in europe, which have impact on birth control.

I didn't say anything about birth control.

Catholicism is the only major religion out of the major ones that doesn't allow birth control. Protestants, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and various branches of Judaism all allow some form of birth control to be used.

Alot of people here just believe abstinence is the best way, which is ridiculous because it never works.

How do you figure that? Abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective, which means that it actually works. Unless you are trying to say all those teen pregnancies are actually miracles, maybe you should talk to the Pope about that.

What I meant was abstinence doesn't work because most teenagers are not going to abstain from sex because of "moral" reasons, good luck with that. You must not have dealt with any teenagers lately.

I wouldn't say abstinence never works. I'm sure there are plenty of people who follow that to a tee and that's fine. However, the problem is when certain groups try to apply one solution (abstinence) to a group of people (teenagers) of all different walks of life, religion, social class, culture, etc. One size fits all solution rarely work in such a case.

No single solution works when it is applied to everyone, which is why the federal government should stay out of most things that it sticks its fingers in. The main reason that the various European countries are able to keep teen pregnancies down is they are smaller, and have less diverse populations. They are more able to tailor solutions to their needs as a result.

Less diverse? you have obviously never been to Europe.

Alot of people here believe condoms, abortions and birth control are morally wrong, alot of Catholics believe this,

Catholicism is the only major religion out of the major ones that doesn't allow birth control. Protestants, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and various branches of Judaism all allow some form of birth control to be used.

Actually, abstinance works every time. Unless you're the Virgin Mary that is.

you know, because he's said it multiple times, that isn't his point.

his point is that teens aren't abstinent. were you?

If abstinance really worked we would have 0 teen pregancies, because that is what they are being taught in schools.

Settle down jillybeavis, it was just a joke.

And I hadn't read beyond the post I quoted when I posted.

happy new year,
manifold

you know, because he's said it multiple times, that isn't his point.

his point is that teens aren't abstinent. were you?

I think alot of people have forgotten what its like to be teenagers, abstinance is a joke. What is the percentage of people that follow that?

If abstinance really worked we would have 0 teen pregancies, because that is what they are being taught in schools.

Quit being so damn dense.

Anyone that practices abstinance doesn't get pregnant. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Anyone that practices abstinance doesn't get pregnant. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Fuck you bitch, my point is trying to teach teenagers abstinance doesn't work because most of them won't listen to it. Of course not having sex won't get anyone pregnant.

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder
Until other options come along.
Then the boys they often wander
Following some siren song

So it's baby maybe, or later lady
Raging hormones can't be denied.
And it's Vatican roulette for some cochette
Too soon a mother, too late (or never) a bride.

I think one of the reasons that abortions rates are so high is because many just consider it as another form of birth control.

Fuck you bitch, my point is trying to teach teenagers abstinance doesn't work because most of them won't listen to it. Of course not having sex won't get anyone pregnant.

Fuck you too buddy :thup:

Your wording was poor and so I had a little fun exploiting it. Get over it already. :lol:

Fuck you too buddy :thup:

Your wording was poor and so I had a little fun exploiting it. Get over it already. :lol:

Whatever bitch. Good luck with your abstinance.:lol: The only thing your exploiting is your little mangled cock faggot.

What I meant was abstinence doesn't work because most teenagers are not going to abstain from sex because of "moral" reasons, good luck with that. You must not have dealt with any teenagers lately.

You should have tried saying that instead of spouting hate and sound bites.

Less diverse? you have obviously never been to Europe.

Most European countries actually have official languages, and they all have stricter immigration policies than the US. Maybe you should actually take a look at the cultures of those countries before you assume you are smarter than someone simply because you disagree with them.

You should have tried saying that instead of spouting hate and sound bites.

Hate? sound bites? what in gods name are you talking about?:doubt:

Forum List

Back