Abercrombie/Headscarf Lawsuit

True. But they are not discrimating on religion. It's her method of dress.

I'd say that it's still religiously-based. She's dressing in accordance with her religious beliefs... why should her opportunities be limited simply because she chooses to be pious?

I'd say that it's still religiously-based. She's dressing in accordance with her religious beliefs... why should her opportunities be limited simply because she chooses to be pious?
So, religiously based is all you need to force a corporation to lose money? She can take the hajib off and work there, or she cannot. Her choice. I don't need to hire a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on my knee. My knee trumps any discrimnation against him. And the corporation's right to make a profit trumps her desire to wear a hajib in their store on their property representing their business. IMO.

I hope she loses. I hope she gets dinged with hefty court costs, too.

I'm no attorney and this is a good reason why. It's a bullshit case and there are much more important things in the world over whether a girl can work at her fav mall store or not. Yup, the Muslims got a lot of my sympathy with this one.

Last edited:

why does a hijab wearing muhammadan want to work at abercrombie and fitch?

Abercrombie & Fitch

seems like it would be against her religion to work with half naked kafir, what kind of muhammadan whore is she anyway?

abercrombie-fitch.jpg

muhammadan scam pure and simple

Last edited:
I bet she wins.Doubt if we ever learn the follow up though.

On what basis though? Companies will never be able to dress code again, as I can create my own Religion right now, according to the Constitution, and in that Religion state that Business Formal Attire is sac-Relig. Then, I can sue when I'm sent home for wearing hoop shorts and a cut-off, a pair of sandles.:eek:

So, religiously based is all you need to force a corporation to lose money? She can take the hajib off and work there, or she cannot. Her choice. I don't need to hire a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on my knee. My knee trumps any discrimnation against him.
Your analogy is totally bogus Si modo.

I wouldn't want a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on me either.

But this muslim girl isn't disabled.

She is just wanting to wear a head scarf to work at a sales job.

How would wearing a scarf hinder her from waiting on customers or operating the cash register?

Have you seen the close that A&F markets for young women to wear? I am not a Muslim woman, but I am going to assume that no pious Muslim woman who wears a hijab would also wear the skanky and revealing clothes that A&F markets. Of course working there you have to wear all A&F attire and I even wonder if they make hijabs. That aside, if the hiring manager actually said something about the hijab then he/she might be screwed.

Last edited:
Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII:

SEC. 703. (a) It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer--

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Except that the reason she wasn't hired had nothing to do with religion.
If she believes that the hijab is a religious requirement (as many Muslims do), she has the right to wear it without being discriminated against for choosing to do so. The store's "looks policy" will obviously prevent any Muslim girl who chooses to wear the hijab from working there. That's religious discrimination.

The policy would also prevent any Christian who enjoys sporting a hijab from working there. It's not discrimination at all.

Except that the reason she wasn't hired had nothing to do with religion.
If she believes that the hijab is a religious requirement (as many Muslims do), she has the right to wear it without being discriminated against for choosing to do so. The store's "looks policy" will obviously prevent any Muslim girl who chooses to wear the hijab from working there. That's religious discrimination.

The policy would also prevent any Christian who enjoys sporting a hijab from working there. It's not discrimination at all.
To my knowledge, the Bible only requires that women cover their hair in church. The majority of Muslims view it as religiously necessary except in the presence of females or male relatives. I would fully expect an exception to be made for a Sikh man with a turban as well.

Have you seen the close that A&F markets for young women to wear? I am not a Muslim woman, but I am going to assume that no pious Muslim woman who wears a hijab would also wear the skanky and revealing clothes that A&F markets. Of course working there you have to wear all A&F attire and I even wonder if they make hijabs. That aside, if the hiring manager actually said something about the hijab then he/she might be screwed.

Some of the clothing they sell certainly wouldn't cut it, but they have plenty of stuff that would be acceptable according to most Islamic standards. It's only important that a woman's clothing is non-revealing.

So, religiously based is all you need to force a corporation to lose money? She can take the hajib off and work there, or she cannot. Her choice. I don't need to hire a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on my knee. My knee trumps any discrimnation against him.
Your analogy is totally bogus Si modo.

I wouldn't want a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on me either.

But this muslim girl isn't disabled.

She is just wanting to wear a head scarf to work at a sales job.

How would wearing a scarf hinder her from waiting on customers or operating the cash register?

A 5 foot 3 inch tall 280 pound fat ass isn't hindered from greeting people at Golds Gym either, but have you ever seen one at the front desk? It's discrimination, I tell ya. (yes, that was sarcasm)

My guess is they will settle for an "undisclosed" amount of money and we will never learn how it turns out. Being a Muslim trumps common sense these days.

Chanel's Rip Off Tip of the Day:

The next time a flat chested young lady applies for a job at Hooters, she should wear a burqa.

Exactly. Whether or not you agree with "Look Policies" they exist. Chubbies can't be Borgata Babes.

And I totally agree with the poster that said A *nd F's whole advertising campaign would conflict with a true Muslim's values. Why would she want to work there?

And Sunniman - how about those Muslims that won't touch pork but work at a friggin grocery store? Tough shit. Get another job.

My guess is they will settle for an "undisclosed" amount of money and we will never learn how it turns out. Being a Muslim trumps common sense these days.

Please explain how wearing a scarf defies common sense?

How about if you prove how wearing a hajib fit's into the culture of A&F?
I'm not allowed to wear t-shirts at my job.
No t-shirts is part of a "dress code", and I personally agree with that.

But the gril was denied the job because of a "Look Policy".

That type of policy is totally subjective, arbitrary, and discriminatory.

Unlike a dress code that describes exactly what you can and cannot wear.

The muslim girl wasn't wanting to wear a full body burka. Just a nice scarf to cover her hair.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back