Abercrombie/Headscarf Lawsuit

Please explain how wearing a scarf defies common sense?

How about if you prove how wearing a hajib fit's into the culture of A&F?
I'm not allowed to wear t-shirts at my job.
No t-shirts is part of a "dress code", and I personally agree with that.

But the gril was denied the job because of a "Look Policy".

That type of policy is totally subjective, arbitrary, and discriminatory.

Unlike a dress code that describes exactly what you can and cannot wear.

The muslim girl wasn't wanting to wear a full body burka. Just a nice scarf to cover her hair.

See my post about Golds Gym. (A "Look Policy")
Do you think anybody with tattoos on their face is going to get a job at a religious bookstore (any religion)? Or will a "Look Policy" discriminate against them?

How about if you prove how wearing a hajib fit's into the culture of A&F?
I'm not allowed to wear t-shirts at my job.

The muslim girl wasn't wanting to wear a full body burka. Just a nice scarf to cover her hair.

Do you think anybody with tattoos on their face is going to get a job at a religious bookstore (any religion)? Or will a "Look Policy" discriminate against them?

A religious book store wouldn't hire someone with tatoos all over their face because of a "your going to hell policy" :eusa_angel:

A religious book store wouldn't hire someone with tatoos all over their face because of a "your going to hell policy" :eusa_angel:

Do Buddhists believe in hell?

Do Buddhists believe in hell?
Actually, Buddhists don't believe in God either.

Buddism isn't really a religion, but a philosophy of life.

businesses should be able to hire or not hire anyone they want for any reason.

I don't give a rat's ass what religion you are or what color you are. If I hire you, it is to promote my business and to have a positive result on my bottom line period. Now I can treat you very well and pay you a fair wage and benefits while you work for me but the second you do not have a positive effect on my bottom line, you are history. I also should have the right to make hiring judgments along the same lines. if I do not get the impression that you will be an asset to my company, I will not hire you period.

Is that discrimination? You bet your ass it is but it's my business and until you all start paying my bills you have no right to tell me who I can and cannot hire or fire.

Last edited:
my tall good looking dark haired blue eyed son was offered a job at this place in the mall when he was in school...to work there..he had to wear only their clothes...so he would be working to pay for clothes...he should have sued....

most companies have dress codes...more should have...when you are dealing with someone you want them to look the part. i dont want my mechanic in a white coat..but i dont want service people coming to my home who look like crack addicts.

I don't give a rat's ass what religion you are or what color you are. If I hire you, it is to promote my business and to have a positive result on my bottom line period. Now I can treat you very well and pay you a fair wage and benefits while you work for me but the second you do not have a positive effect on my bottom line, you are history. I also should have the right to make hiring judgments along the same lines. if I do not get the impression that you will be an asset to my company, I will not hire you period.

Is that discrimination? You bet your ass it is but it's my business and until you all start paying my bills you have no right to tell me who I can and cannot hire or fire.
Exactly.
The fast food place known as Chick-fil-e is closed on Sundays because the founders of the company have a religious belief that people shouldn't work on Sundays. I suppose some people think they should be sued because the employees can't earn money on Sunday.

Exactly.
The fast food place known as Chick-fil-e is closed on Sundays because the founders of the company have a religious belief that people shouldn't work on Sundays. I suppose some people think they should be sued because the employees can't earn money on Sunday.
I love Chick-fil-e

But I am up here in yankee land and they don't have any stores. :evil:

Exactly.
I love Chick-fil-e

Never heard of them but Google shows me that they are naught but another greasy fast food joint so I'll pass on patronizing them but I will agree with whatever policy they set for their business because i am not paying their bills.

Exactly.
I love Chick-fil-e

I bet they don't let employees at the counter wear hajib's either.

I have a muslim friend who's wife works the check out at a Wal Mart and she wears Hijab

So? Walmart management obviously believes that an employee wearing a stupid scarf on their head will not subtract from their bottom line and that is entirely their prerogative where A&F believe the scarf on head wearing employee will, as is their prerogative.

Does the Walmart employee have an aversion to pork, lingerie, and dirty DVD's? Some do. And that interfered with their job and they should be fired. Or not hired in the first place which is what A and F did.

Does the Walmart employee have an aversion to pork, lingerie, and dirty DVD's? Some do. And that interfered with their job and they should be fired. Or not hired in the first place which is what A and F did.
Glad you asked that question Chanel.

Yes, whenever a customer is purchasing alchohol or a pork product.

A manager will come over and punch in those items into the register and bag them separately.

A manager will come over and punch in those items into the register and bag them separately.

Do they dock her pay for making somebody else do her job?
That would be fair.

Do they dock her pay for making somebody else do her job?
That would be fair.
Nope

Then her ass should be fired for refusing to do her job.

I'd say that it's still religiously-based. She's dressing in accordance with her religious beliefs... why should her opportunities be limited simply because she chooses to be pious?
So, religiously based is all you need to force a corporation to lose money? She can take the hajib off and work there, or she cannot. Her choice. I don't need to hire a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on my knee. My knee trumps any discrimnation against him.
Your analogy is totally bogus Si modo.

I wouldn't want a one-armed orthopedic surgeon to operate on me either.

But this muslim girl isn't disabled.

She is just wanting to wear a head scarf to work at a sales job.

How would wearing a scarf hinder her from waiting on customers or operating the cash register?
Discrimination is discrimination, whether is based on a disability or religion. She takes the hajib off while she is in thier store on their property representing their organization. Awwww. Poor little Muslim teen can't work at her fave mall store? Fuck her and fuck her bogus lawsuit.

Forum List

Back