Abe Lincoln: What they won't teach in school.

So, it isn't possible anything you teach her is propaganda? Right. LOL You are teaching her only one perspective on reality: yours. That is propaganda.
Facts aren't propaganda. To liberals yes it is to real people its not.
Facts are not propaganda.
Thank you.
Teaching only one side, facts or not, and omitting the facts of another side is teaching propaganda. Nothing is black and white. Reality has many shades of gray, many perspectives. Teaching only one perspective on reality is propaganda.
Why teach lies when she can be taught facts? I went through her school work list she has to learn about Caesar Chavez and her online teacher is a negro...I wonder if she realizes Chavez HATED negro's?
You don't have to explain any more...we see where you are coming from
Yep sure do. I rely on facts and history not propaganda and hearsay
The three best presidents since historians began rating presidents in 1948, are Lincoln, Washington and FDR.
I am sure those historians are oh so neutral. I could care less what some historian says. If I wanted some politically connected historians views I would ask them. I don't therefore I don't.
Most definitely

Historians can never be as neutral as a rightwing YouTube video

So, it isn't possible anything you teach her is propaganda? Right. LOL You are teaching her only one perspective on reality: yours. That is propaganda.
Facts are not propaganda.
Thank you.
Teaching only one side, facts or not, and omitting the facts of another side is teaching propaganda. Nothing is black and white. Reality has many shades of gray, many perspectives. Teaching only one perspective on reality is propaganda.
Why teach lies when she can be taught facts? I went through her school work list she has to learn about Caesar Chavez and her online teacher is a negro...I wonder if she realizes Chavez HATED negro's?
The three best presidents since historians began rating presidents in 1948, are Lincoln, Washington and FDR.
I am sure those historians are oh so neutral. I could care less what some historian says. If I wanted some politically connected historians views I would ask them. I don't therefore I don't.
So if your daughter goes on to college will she take her home-school history with her, and in the event it clashes with academic history what will be her response, your response?

I am sick of libs being vague and then accusing me of putting words in their mouth.

Your phrasing "so what did the South do" implies agreement that Lincoln was going to be the enemy of the South in the Oval Office, despite his promises otherwise.

But then you claim the South "made him their enemy by seceding.

IMO, Lincoln was a strong abolitionist who's later "pro-slavery" comments were lies made in a desperate attempt to avoid a war.

Do you agree or disagree? A yes and no answer would be good. You can add as much nuance as you want AFTER you clearly state your answer.

Lincoln was willing to do whatever necessary to preserve the union without war. He had no power or intention to unilaterally end slavery. Best he could do was limit the expansion of slavery to new territories and maybe institute some long term solutions that would eventually lead to the end of slavery

By seceding....the South sealed their doom

I mostly agree.

What you describe is someone who was already the South's enemy.

I agree that it was unlikely he had some radical and immediate plan to eliminate slavery.

I agree that his most likely attack would be long term solutions that would weaken politically and economically the South so that in the medium term a future Abolitionist President would eliminate slavery.

THe pro slavery quotes that are being posted are IMO, weasel worded lies of a principled politician who was determined to end slavery wanted to do it without a war.

The South was thus Doomed regardless of whether they seceded or not.
The South could have gotten better terms if they had remained in the union. Slavery probably would have whimpered away rather than ending with the stroke of the pen. They also could have negotiated some compensation for the loss of their slaves

As it was, they cost 600,000 lives and lost their slaves anyway

Secession was a rash decision and cost the South dearly

That "whimpering away" would have been a long period of the Federal Government, dominated by the larger North, slowing strangling the economy of the South.

I agree that that would have been a BETTER course of action than a war they were almost certain to lose.

But it is certainly understandable that they didn't want to remain part of a nation where the majority of the population and the Federal Government was going to be waging an economic and political war against them for the rest of their lives or until they were destroyed, whichever came first.
Cotton was still king and a major economic force

Just because the plantation owners wanted more profit off of free labor was no justification

But knowing that the Federal government led by radical Republicans was going to be waging economic and political war against you and your states was.

Thank you.
So if your daughter goes on to college will she take her home-school history with her, and in the event it clashes with academic history what will be her response, your response?
His response:
dunce1.jpg

Her response:
failing_grade_300x377.png

Thank you.
Most definitely

Well by all means dispute them. Go ahead I am all ears. Ya see as a southerner Lincoln is our #1 enemy so I have studied him to see what made such an evil asshole tick. I know a lot more about him than you do.
Thank you.
She isn't home schooled,she does online public school because the school assigned to her in our new area was 73% mexican and 60% of them DIDN'T speak English! So that wasn't happening. I merely add to her already interests in history etc. She has a FB and I send her stuff on there,I buy her books etc. She is a child that is much like me I don't take 1 persons word for something I find the truth if possible. I want her to go to college absolutely. She wants to be an Animal Vet. I also want her to keep that question authority figures mentality especially in college.

So if your daughter goes on to college will she take her home-school history with her, and in the event it clashes with academic history what will be her response, your response?[/QUOTE]She isn't home schooled,she does online public school because the school assigned to her in our new area was 73% mexican and 60% of them DIDN'T speak English! So that wasn't happening. I merely add to her already interests in history etc. She has a FB and I send her stuff on there,I buy her books etc. She is a child that is much like me I don't take 1 persons word for something I find the truth if possible. I want her to go to college absolutely. She wants to be an Animal Vet. I also want her to keep that question authority figures mentality especially in college.[/QUOTE]
This is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

She isn't home schooled,she does online public school because the school assigned to her in our new area was 73% mexican and 60% of them DIDN'T speak English! So that wasn't happening. I merely add to her already interests in history etc. She has a FB and I send her stuff on there,I buy her books etc. She is a child that is much like me I don't take 1 persons word for something I find the truth if possible. I want her to go to college absolutely. She wants to be an Animal Vet. I also want her to keep that question authority figures mentality especially in college.[/QUOTE]
This is one of the saddest things I've ever read.[/QUOTE]
Your inability to quote correctly is the saddest thing I have ever seen. :)

Most definitely

Well by all means dispute them. Go ahead I am all ears. Ya see as a southerner Lincoln is our #1 enemy so I have studied him to see what made such an evil asshole tick. I know a lot more about him than you do.
She isn't home schooled,she does online public school because the school assigned to her in our new area was 73% mexican and 60% of them DIDN'T speak English! So that wasn't happening. I merely add to her already interests in history etc. She has a FB and I send her stuff on there,I buy her books etc. She is a child that is much like me I don't take 1 persons word for something I find the truth if possible. I want her to go to college absolutely. She wants to be an Animal Vet. I also want her to keep that question authority figures mentality especially in college.
Sounds like she will be taking your history with her to college, and she is the one that must find her way to the truth. I wish her well.

Most definitely

Sounds like she will be taking your history with her to college, and she is the one that must find her way to the truth. I wish her well.
Like I told rightwinger go ahead and prove the video wrong. Please do so. Also she is only doing this public school online this year. We are moving to a whiter area next year and she is going back to normal school. That won't change much she LOVES to read and devours books every day so even if I lied to her like yall want me to do she will learn the truth herself. I didn't learn the truth about Lincoln until my 20's.

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read.[/QUOTE]
Your inability to quote correctly is the saddest thing I have ever seen. :)[/QUOTE]
It's tough on Tapatalk.

But you got the point.

We have had 150 years to review the Lincoln presidency

What stands out is the willingness of Lincoln to act as chief executive. "You can't do that" and "No President has done that before" had no influence on Lincoln. It was a time where desperate time call for desperate measures. Lincoln stood up and did what needed to be done

Still our greatest President after all these years

You seem to have skipped the bits where the Confederate government was based on the inferiority of the black man.
And? Go read The Bell Curve. Like I said facts..Some are just hard to swallow for some folks.
Even if that were real, it only speaks to averages. And it shows a slight lowering for blacks- but if you look at a bell curve, it still means that a large proportion will be smarter than your average white.

And from what I see here, those overlapping bell curves through the races clearly put the average black man *well* to the left of you in superior intelligence.

You seem to have skipped the bits where the Confederate government was based on the inferiority of the black man.
And? Go read The Bell Curve. Like I said facts..Some are just hard to swallow for some folks.
Even if that were real, it only speaks to averages. And it shows a slight lowering for blacks- but if you look at a bell curve, it still means that a large proportion will be smarter than your average white.

And from what I see here, those overlapping bell curves through the races clearly put the average black man *well* to the left of you in superior intelligence.
Look at ANY test scores done in past 50 years....blacks are not as smart as whites or asians. Facts can't be racist they are just facts people can't make equal what is inherently unequal.

Look at ANY test scores done in past 50 years....blacks are not as smart as whites or asians. Facts can't be racist they are just facts people can't make equal what is inherently unequal.
Like I said, the vast majority of blacks I met are sure smarter than you, though.

Sorry.

the average asian IQ is around 100-110..the average caucasian IQ is around 95-105..the average negro IQ is around 85-95.

In all bell curves, if there is an average difference between two groups, then it will be amplified at the extremes.
using outliers as a "standard" is dishonest...

Like I said, the vast majority of blacks I met are sure smarter than you, though.

Sorry.

brilliant rebuttal!

when cornered by facts, insult the opposition...comical..

Forum List

Back