Abbott and Costello comedy skit: “13 times 7 is 28” – Real life students at Kennesaw State University: “15 times 4 is 48”

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
When I came across the college video, it reminded me of this really hilarious Abbott and Costello skit.

Of course the skit is hilarious, while the college clip is pathetic.

Abbott and Costello comedy skit: “13 times 7 is 28”

Real life students at Kennesaw State University: “15 times 4 is 48”

Want to have fun?

Try to get a group of college students to drive a stick shift

1701472645012.gif

Trump University?
Wrong

Kennesaw State University in Georgia

Kennesaw State University is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution with over 180 programs in undergraduate, graduate and online formats.

That was a very simple math question that 4 students of higher education could not answer

But ask them to demonstrate putting a condom on a cucumber and they would no doubt be able to do it easily

Wrong

Kennesaw State University in Georgia

Kennesaw State University is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution with over 180 programs in undergraduate, graduate and online formats.

That was a very simple math question that 4 students of higher education could not answer

But ask them to demonstrate putting a condom on a cucumber and they would no doubt be able to do it easily

So it proves kids today can’t do math in their head

That can't be real.....If so they are dumber than a ball of snot.

Students aren't taught to memorize times tables these days. The skill has no value and that's not how they do math now. They have calculators and spread sheets to do math. I'll bet that girl can set up a spread sheet to do profit and loss.

Yes they can. PLENTY students can do this easily.

The ones they show on videos like this are idiots, and YES, there are plenty of them out there today.
Likewise, there are many elders with schooling in the 50's - 90's that can't do it either. Are these elders stupid, or did they become stupid?
Students aren't taught to memorize times tables these days.
Yes they are.
It's just that some students refuse to learn.
The good students are taught to memorize their times tables.

Now, Rote memory is not always the best method for ALL learning, but it certainly is for math BASICS, like times tables.

As a Math teacher, I find this skit hilarious.

Flourishing in the 40's and 50's, Abbott and Costello even realized just how stupid a certain Percent of our population has always been and will always be.

KSU went down hill when it became a university and started become more … diverse.

That’s not encouraging

If it was algebra or calculus I could understand.

But 4 x 15?

You’ve got to be kidding me

And I dont blame their ignorance on the students

Its entirely the educators fault

When I came across the college video, it reminded me of this really hilarious Abbott and Costello skit.

Of course the skit is hilarious, while the college clip is pathetic.

Real life students at Kennesaw State University: “15 times 4 is 48”

leaders of tomorrow

Students aren't taught to memorize times tables these days. The skill has no value and that's not how they do math now. They have calculators and spread sheets to do math. I'll bet that girl can set up a spread sheet to do profit and loss.
All I see is a lack of critical everyday thinking skills....I bet she can't make change either.

It's a rough world if you can't think on your feet.

There was a time I found videos like this funny, but not anymore, considering the mess these kids can put us all in if they are running things. Way too many stupid people in this country.

But 4 x 15?

You’ve got to be kidding me

And I dont blame their ignorance on the students

BS....You're saying that teachers never teach multiplication tables.
Completely False.
They absolutely DO.

Who has time for math when important information like what the proper pronoun for a man who identifies as a bisexual lesbian transgender dog is being taught

Forum List

Back