AARP: (Ryan) Budget Would Upend Vital Programs and Shift Costs to Older Americans

The op is on the 2011 version, 2012 amended. Get the facts, folks.

The new version doesn't shift costs to old folks?

Why don't you read it? A start:

Robert J. Samuelson: Ryan's Medicare plan might work, a study says | Deseret News

Robert J. Samuelson: Ryan's Medicare plan might work, a study says

Overlooked in the furor surrounding Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal — a plan, it should be recalled, that wouldn't start until 2023 and even then would affect only new beneficiaries — is a just-published study in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) suggesting that, well, Ryan might be right. The study finds that a voucher-type system might noticeably reduce costs compared to "traditional" fee-for-service Medicare. Three Harvard economists did the study, including one prominent supporter of President Obama's health care overhaul.

The study compared the costs of traditional Medicare with Medicare Advantage, a voucher-like program that now enrolls about 25 percent of beneficiaries. Medicare Advantage has cost less for identical coverage. From 2006 to 2009, the gap averaged 11 percent between traditional Medicare and voucher plans that, under the proposal by Ryan and Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., would serve as a price "benchmark."...

You can really stop reading after he claims in the first sentence that it will "affect only new beneficiaries", because you already know you're entering into a BS zone.

The study finds that a voucher-type system might noticeably reduce costs.

if you ask a liberal whether people will shop more carefully when using their own money or when using someone else's they will get all confused.

This is perfect testimony to how slow liberals actuallys are and why the purpose of the Constitution was to make them illegal.

if you ask a liberal whether people will shop more carefully when using their own money or when using someone else's they will get all confused.

This is perfect testimony to how slow liberals actuallys are and why the purpose of the Constitution was to make them illegal.

Liberals think they have a claim on your money.

Liberals think they have a claim on your money.

yes, they lack the IQ to understand capitalism and how it made us rich or that less capitalism will make us poor.

It's 100% over their heads

The GOP's plan for the Social Security will be disasterous for most Americans, ESPECIALLY Americans who are under 55.

HC insurance vouchers will be issued that will NOT cover ther cost of decent insurance, count on THAT.

Meanwhile the very people who they are planning on screwing will continue to pay into the SSI plan.

THAT is the GOP's brilliant plan, folks.

well lets stick with the Democrat plan, let it GO BROKE so EVERYONE gets screwed

ahoy Stephanie,

i think both the Democratic and the Republic party plan be a bit lubberly.

why not just scale back Medicare right now, today?

why should i, who be a GenX sorta swabby, pay fer decades 'o entitlement healthcare fer folks who be 55 and older, only to see me own plan keelhauled when i sail up to the trough?

aye?

- MeadHallPirate

“Budget Would Upend Vital Programs - AARP

AARP: (Ryan) Budget Would Upend Vital Programs and Shift Costs to Older Americans

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 5, 2011

CONTACT Media Relations 202-434-2560

AARP: Budget Would Upend Vital Programs and Shift Costs to Older Americans

Acknowledges bipartisan effort needed to strengthen Social Security

WASHINGTON— AARP Executive Vice President Nancy A. LeaMond released the following statement in reaction to the budget proposal released today by U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan:

“AARP believes that as Members of Congress consider proposals to address our nation’s fiscal challenges, they must be mindful of the impact on real people, not just the numbers. While the House Budget Committee Chairman’s proposal offers new ideas for confronting the deficit, AARP believes the proposal lacks balance and would result in a large cost shift to current and future retirees.

“The Chairman’s proposal, rather than tackling skyrocketing health care costs, would simply shift these costs onto the backs of people in Medicare. It would undermine Medicare’s promise of secure health coverage—a guarantee that future seniors have contributed to through a lifetime of hard work. If Congress is serious about reining in Medicare costs, it can start by allowing Medicare to negotiate for lower drug prices and speeding up access to generic versions of expensive biologic drugs..."”

These are politicians tricks through in and throughout government, especially when it comes to taxes/taxing or taxation without representation anymore in this nation. These people who work within the government and within budgets will always work in these ways, and that includes democrats and republicans across the board.

The only way to prosperity again in this nation, is to evaluate the worth of the united states in total, and to do this through it's knowledge, natural resources values, land values, areas of GDP per the growth potentials and values coming out of each region, values of oversea's assets in manufacturing, and also even a value placed upon the allied nations/relationships as seen as another great asset to this nation, and then crank up the printing press based upon these values ((loan ourselves some money)) that will be calculated and used properly, in order to tell us exactly where we are still at in all of this to date, and to find out where we will all be going in the future once we take out this loan for our future, and then move forward. Next we must respectfully seek to pay ourselves back, and on time down the road, and this should always be the plan, but with a loan percentage rate charged to the nation that is do-able, and not like the banks who have raped so many over the years with predatory percentage rates etc. where as the bank customer could never get the loan paid off or get out of debt by such unfair practices found in the stealing that would be going on. As long as we don't over lend to ourselves in this nation, otherwise placing huge strains upon our resourses or to somehow over load by incentivizing poor populations to grow in their poverty numbers, then we should be alright as a nation moving foward upon it's values that are still known of in this nation. The main thing is proper managment, with a little prayer and compassion on the side. It worked for years and years until now, so why don't we begin the journey back in order that we find once again how to go foward?

The numbers game as is played within budgets, and worse by two opposing sides who want to socially destroy each other, can then always be used within these very numbers to do exactly that if we let them.

BEWARE OF THE NUMBERS GAME PEOPLE, AND LOOK MORE TOWARDS WHAT THE VALUE OF WHAT EVERYTHING STILL IS IN AMERICA, AS FOUND WITHIN AMERICAN ASSETS, THE STRENGTH IN THOSE ASSETS AND THE LONG TERM VALUE OF WHAT AMERICAN ASSETS WILL BE TO US AS AMERICANS, AND TO THE WORLD WAY ON DOWN THE ROAD FROM NOW. This is how we should be looking at our future going foward, and not restricting it to strict budgets that will restrict growth and our ability to move forward as Americans together, and better yet in a healthy way.

Last edited:
ahoy Edthecynic,

imma curious matey, fer imma not a member 'o the AARP (i've few decades to go, i reckon).

do ye think the AARP be a fierce advocate fer future retirees, or just the retirees 'o today?

- MeadHallPirate

ahoy Polk,

i see it as a kind 'o cynical attempt to not anger them seniors.

a lad who be 17 will be payin' fer thar Romney/Ryan protected plans fer as long as four decades, but thar own benefits will be keelhauled....but they also can't vote.

its a nice arrangement if yer a senior citizen and ye enjoy Ms. Rand's writings. ye just vote yer own best interest and the heck with everyone else.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

I wonder what the AARP said about Obaminationcare and the $760 billion it cut from medicare? Oh wait they endorsed it because a liberal presented! AARP has lost all creditability and honor!

I wonder what the AARP said about Obaminationcare and the $760 billion it cut from medicare? Oh wait they endorsed it because a liberal presented! AARP has lost all creditability and honor!

ahoy GHook93,

i think the Nixon-Heritage Foundation-Romney-Gingrich-Obama healthcare reform looks to achieve savings in the future, not actually "cut" spendin'.

i think the AARP be just conditioned to be terrified 'o the GOP, due to some grim rhetoric that our elder sailors hath picked up.

- MeadHallPirate

and then crank up the printing press based upon these values

beagle brain, exactly how does printing money help us?????
Well the first thing is that we ain't printing money that has no backing you see, so it's not like priniting money out of thin air in which would have no backing, and this is why I said we must figure up what the nation is worth in total, and then give ourselves a loan to get the hec out of this mess.
Next comes the proper management of it all, and you know that this is a real issue in this nation, because we have a culture of corruption in this nation now that ain't funny it's so big of a problem anymore.

and then crank up the printing press based upon these values

beagle brain, exactly how does printing money help us?????
Well the first thing is that we ain't printing money that has no backing you see, so it's not like priniting money out of thin air in which would have no backing, and this is why I said we must figure up what the nation is worth in total, and then give ourselves a loan to get the hec out of this mess.
Next comes the proper management of it all, and you know that this is a real issue in this nation, because we have a culture of corruption in this nation now that ain't funny it's so big of a problem anymore.

And that backing would be what?

$16 trillion isn't a big enough loan? Really? :eusa_eh:

this is why I said we must figure up what the nation is worth in total,

So you want to print money, tell the world it is backed by the Rocky Mountains, and then assume they are as slow as you are and so will buy it?? Dear, in Econ 101 class one day one minute one you learn that it would merely cause inflation!!

actually it is liberalism that is the problem. Why not ask questions if you can't understand it??

Forum List

Back