AARP: (Ryan) Budget Would Upend Vital Programs and Shift Costs to Older Americans

The study finds that a voucher-type system might noticeably reduce costs.

if you ask a liberal whether people will shop more carefully when using their own money or when using someone else's they will get all confused.

This is perfect testimony to how slow liberals actuallys are and why the purpose of the Constitution was to make them illegal.

Liberals think they have a claim on your money.
Only if they feel that it has been stolen from them, and done in an unethical way or by unethical means, but with so many jumping on the bandnwagon from the side these days (false claims), there isn't enough money to ever make the people feel good again about it all, much less try and get some back to them as much as they who are (drowning in a sea of lies surrounding them) wants this to be the case. The false claims will eventually break this nation (pull everyone down), and this is what some want, but where is the balance to be found anymore within this war I wonder ? Who will step up and say "we are going to wipe the slate clean already, and we are going to start again, but this time we are going to get it right".

Drowning in the past will do nothing but bring this nation to it's knees finally, but this is what many want, thinking it will somehow balance back out then, and in a much better way, but not so by such a method would it work out best for all, so we must listen and be inclusive to ones hurting, but make sure that we are also smart about where the devils seat is found in it all, and how he wants to exploit it all to the very end ((this hurt)) in which he has created over the years for many.

Only if they feel that it has been stolen from them, and done in an unethical way or by unethical means, but with so many jumping on the bandnwagon from the side these days (false claims), there isn't enough money to ever make the people feel good again about it all, much less try and get some back to them as much as they who are (drowning in a sea of lies surrounding them) wants this to be the case.

Taking in this "sentence" I have to ask if English is your first language. A Rep for you if it isn't as I have great respect for those that speak more than one language.

beagle brain, exactly how does printing money help us?????
Well the first thing is that we ain't printing money that has no backing you see, so it's not like priniting money out of thin air in which would have no backing, and this is why I said we must figure up what the nation is worth in total, and then give ourselves a loan to get the hec out of this mess.
Next comes the proper management of it all, and you know that this is a real issue in this nation, because we have a culture of corruption in this nation now that ain't funny it's so big of a problem anymore.

And that backing would be what?

$16 trillion isn't a big enough loan? Really? :eusa_eh:
Think about how much this nation is worth, in it's assets based upon it's land values, manufacturing, GDP, agriculture, infrastucture, schools/schooling, medical technology, doctors knowledge, citizens knowledge, the inet, natural resources, interstate highway systems, railroad systems, roads, bridges, drainage, sewer systems, connectors, wireless, scientific knowledge, undertanding of science, people as in human resources, military and etc. then compare us to the rest of the world in actual wealth we pocess here for the long term. 16 trillion is a mere drop in the bucket in as far as what this nation can produce or it's actual worth in the over all is, so why use these numbers to scare with I wonder ?

The main thing is to not exceed our energy or natural resources in this nation, and we are far from that, but this is not the message a politician who is wanting to control us all some way or the other, wants us to understand or know (otherwise to look at the bigger picture) far beyond what these people right now are wanting us to begin looking at. If you listen to the current idealism or philosiphies, you would think that we are or have become the dumbest people on this planet anymore.

Last edited:
Well the first thing is that we ain't printing money that has no backing you see, so it's not like priniting money out of thin air in which would have no backing, and this is why I said we must figure up what the nation is worth in total, and then give ourselves a loan to get the hec out of this mess.
Next comes the proper management of it all, and you know that this is a real issue in this nation, because we have a culture of corruption in this nation now that ain't funny it's so big of a problem anymore.

Think about how much this nation is worth, in it's assets based upon it's land values, maufacturing, GDP, agriculture, infrastucture, schools/schooling, medical technology, doctors knowledge, citizens knowledge, the inet, natural resources, interstate highway systems, railroad systems, roads, bridges, drainage, sewer systems, connectors, wireless, scientific knowledge, undertanding of science, people as in human resources, military and etc. then compare us to the rest of the world in actual wealth we pocess here for the long term.

Problem: Those assets are privately or state owned. Unless you're talking about seizing all the wealth in the country (in other words, Communism), those assets cannot be used to back the dollar. Since Nixon took us off the gold standard, the dollar has been backed only by a promise.

16 trillion is a mere drop in the bucket in as far as what this nation can produce or it's actual worth in the over all is, so why use these numbers to scare with I wonder?

Actually, our debt is now in excess of our GDP. Hardly a drop in the bucket.

The main thing is to not exceed our energy or natural resources in this nation, and we are far from that, but this is not the message a politician who is wanting to control us all some way or the other, wants us to understand or know (otherwise to look at the bigger picture) far beyond what these people right now are wanting us to begin looking at. If you listen to the current idelaism or philosiphies, you would think that we are or have become the dumbest people on this planet anymore

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

ahoy Polk,

i see it as a kind 'o cynical attempt to not anger them seniors.

a lad who be 17 will be payin' fer thar Romney/Ryan protected plans fer as long as four decades, but thar own benefits will be keelhauled....but they also can't vote.

its a nice arrangement if yer a senior citizen and ye enjoy Ms. Rand's writings. ye just vote yer own best interest and the heck with everyone else.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

If they pissed off white seniors, they'd have no shot at winning. So instead they lie to them and tell me that they'll protect Medicare.

beagle brain, exactly how does printing money help us?????

You're right, it's not backed by anything, but currency never is. It's a legal fiction.

And I'd love to comment on this 16 billion number if I knew what you guys were referring to.

Think about how much this nation is worth, in it's assets based upon it's land values, maufacturing, GDP, agriculture, infrastucture, schools/schooling, medical technology, doctors knowledge, citizens knowledge, the inet, natural resources, interstate highway systems, railroad systems, roads, bridges, drainage, sewer systems, connectors, wireless, scientific knowledge, undertanding of science, people as in human resources, military and etc. then compare us to the rest of the world in actual wealth we pocess here for the long term.

Problem: Those assets are privately or state owned. Unless you're talking about seizing all the wealth in the country (in other words, Communism), those assets cannot be used to back the dollar. Since Nixon took us off the gold standard, the dollar has been backed only by a promise.

16 trillion is a mere drop in the bucket in as far as what this nation can produce or it's actual worth in the over all is, so why use these numbers to scare with I wonder?

The main thing is to not exceed our energy or natural resources in this nation, and we are far from that, but this is not the message a politician who is wanting to control us all some way or the other, wants us to understand or know (otherwise to look at the bigger picture) far beyond what these people right now are wanting us to begin looking at. If you listen to the current idelaism or philosiphies, you would think that we are or have become the dumbest people on this planet anymore

These assets are owned of course, but they are a part of the overall accumilated and developed wealth in this nation, and because of all that this nation intails and has accumilated in wealth and in knowledge there of, it has the setting or capabilities already set in place from way back, to generate wealth un-imaginable far into the future. Communism is not what I am infering or even speaking of, but more of a united effort by this nation to look at the bigger picture of it all, and this is in order to keep us from being pulled down into the mud/dumps by crafty car salesman types playing the numbers, who are selling us a bill of goods that is no good, and will not take us far enough down the road aways because of.

ahoy Polk,

a lad who be 17 will be payin' fer thar Romney/Ryan protected plans fer as long as four decades, but thar own benefits will be keelhauled....but they also can't vote.

its a nice arrangement if yer a senior citizen and ye enjoy Ms. Rand's writings. ye just vote yer own best interest and the heck with everyone else.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

If they pissed off white seniors, they'd have no shot at winning. So instead they lie to them and tell me that they'll protect Medicare.

Are you under the impression that Medicare will remain viable without significant reform? Do you think a tax rate increase will fix it? Keep in mind the average American takes out three times what they pay into Medicare. How's that bode for the future?

These assets are owned of course, but they are a part of the overall accumilated and developed wealth in this nation, and because of all that this nation intails and has accumilated in wealth and in knowledge there of, it has the setting or capabilities already set in place from way back, to generate wealth un-imaginable far into the future.

Okay, but that doesn't mean the dollar is backed by anything real. What's your point?

Communism is not what I am infering or even speaking of, but more of a united effort by this nation to look at the bigger picture of it all, and this is in order to keep us from being pulled down into the mud/dumps by crafty car salesman types playing the numbers, who are selling us a bill of goods that is no good, and will not take us far enough down the road aways because of

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about here.

I wonder what the AARP said about Obaminationcare and the $760 billion it cut from medicare? Oh wait they endorsed it because a liberal presented! AARP has lost all creditability and honor!

I don't think you get the attack the Affordable Care Act for cutting Medicare when your party's VP wrote a budget proposal that cuts the same amount, and actually cuts it from services instead of handouts to insurance companies.

ahoy Polk,

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

Are you under the impression that Medicare will remain viable without significant reform? Do you think a tax rate increase will fix it? Keep in mind the average American takes out three times what they pay into Medicare. How's that bode for the future?

I don't think our health care system as a whole is viable without significant reform. The problem is that no one is really proposing anything that will work. Ryan's plan doesn't reduce health care costs, it just shifts the burdens on the backs of seniors.

You're right, it's not backed by anything, but currency never is. It's a legal fiction.

And I'd love to comment on this 16 billion number if I knew what you guys were referring to.

Currency has traditionally been backed by gold or silver. We were up until the early 70s.

It's 16 trillion, not billion, which refers to our national debt:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

We're almost up to $140,000 owed by each and every taxpayer.

This isn't going to end well...

I don't think our health care system as a whole is viable without significant reform. The problem is that no one is really proposing anything that will work. Ryan's plan doesn't reduce health care costs, it just shifts the burdens on the backs of seniors.

I disagree. It at least brings a modicum of competition into the mix, which is the only way to reduce costs.

ahoy Polk,

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

I wonder if God was worried about a budget or the numbers when creating the earth (or) was Jesus wooried when out on the boat with the men who couldnot catch fish for their people, when he told the men to cast their nets again, even into a lake where there was nothing before, yet the men brought up a multitude of fish that would feed the village and then some?

Why is it that we as a Christian nation in which we once stood as, are all of a sudden worried about where our next meal is going to come from, and threatening daily with these numbers that we just might be doomed? Maybe we should begin accepting the Lord back into our lives, and start looking back to him in prayer and within our works to get this mess straightened back out somehow?

I disagree. It at least brings a modicum of competition into the mix, which is the only way to reduce costs.

If a regulated health insurance exchange can slow the rise of health costs to below what Medicare is experiencing then why run on a platform of repealing them?

If a regulated health insurance exchange can slow the rise of health costs to below what Medicare is experiencing then why run on a platform of repealing them?

Because a free market can actually reduce costs. This is how you were able to buy that computer you're on for a fraction of what it cost in the past. Regulated markets like healthcare, health insurance, education, etc...their costs rise far in excess of the rate of inflation while producing shitty results.

I wonder if God was worried about a budget or the numbers when creating the earth (or) was Jesus wooried when out on the boat with the men who couldnot catch fish for their people, when he told the men to cast their nets again, even into a lake where there was nothing before, yet the men brought up a multitude of fish that would feed the village and then some?

Why is it that we as a Christian nation in which we once stood as, are all of a sudden worried about where our next meal is going to come from, and threatening daily with these numbers that we just might be doomed? Maybe we should begin accepting the Lord back into our lives, and start looking back to him in prayer and within our works to get this mess straightened back out somehow?

Yes, that will fix Medicare...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back