Aaorta

Harry, see post # 34.

Getting back to heart health - here is the link on herbs & Spices and what each are good for - recommended by Dr. Braverman!

Herbs and Spices recommended by Dr. Eric Braverman MD PRLog

CUMIN

Properties: Research has shown that cumin may stimulate the secretion of pancreatic enzymes, compounds necessary for proper digestion and nutrient assimilation.
Cooking: Cumin, a spice found in curry, can be put on steak. It’s also good in tomato- or grain-based dishes, and its digestive properties mean that it is also ideal with beans.

GARLIC

Properties: Garlic has been researched extensively, and has shown benefit in the following areas: high cholesterol, hypertension, blood clotting, infections, and intestinal parasites.
Cooking: This herb adds flavor to a wide range of non-sweet dishes. Its flavor is milder when whole or sliced; crushing or chopping releases the oils, making the flavor stronger. Overcooking reduces its health benefits.

GINGER

Properties: Ginger is well-known for its beneficial effect on motion sickness and nausea. It also stimulates the digestion process.
Cooking: It’s good in both sweet and non-sweet dishes, adding a hot, yet refreshing, flavor to marinades, stir-fries, soups, curries, grains, and fresh vegetables. Use ginger sauces on salads and fish.

OREGANO

Properties: This herb can relieve digestive problems.
Cooking: A variety of marjoram, oregano has a stronger flavor that goes well with tomato-based dishes.

PAPRIKA

Properties: Paprika is a digestive stimulant and has antiseptic properties. It can also improve blood circulation.
Cooking: This spice is a milder relative of cayenne, and can be used in greater amounts to add color. Use paprika on eggs to add color.

ROSEMARY

Properties: This herb has a reputation for invigorating the circulation, and for relieving headaches and respiratory problems.
Cooking: Rosemary is traditionally used in meat dishes, but it can also add a smoky flavor to hearty bean and vegetable dishes. It adds extra flavor to chicken.

TURMERIC

Properties: This spice has antibacterial and antifungal qualities. It is also a good antioxidant, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Cooking: Like cumin, turmeric is found in curry. Besides its yellow color, this spice adds an earthy, peppery flavor to curries and stews.

Please note:
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment.

_____
there are more herbs and spices listed on his website see the link - now note that he said that Paprika is good for blood circulation? This is something to consider adding your menu, I believe- talk to your fathers doctor first and ask him if he has ever heard of Dr. Braverman! He has written books on health through diet - I'm sure he has heard of him and will approve him as he is highly respected in the medical field!

Another thing about Oolong Tea - it is an excellent appetite suppressant and all natural - when I am fasting I drink it and it works very well.

So are cigarettes. :)
Not for me although it may be the weed giving me the munchies.
You need to quit that stuff. As long as you smoke pot you are putting up an iron wall between you and the LORD. It's very much an obstacle to encountering the LORD, Sealy.
here bobo take a hit.....
It's not lunchtime or 5pm. 2.5 hours I'm in

This is a link to many of his videos, Sealy. He is (in my opinion) the best doctor, most informative, done the most research on what spices, nutrients, vitamins make the heart healthy, the brain healthy, and his study has proved to be correct in that they are seeing signs of complete reversal of memory loss in early cases of dementia and partial reversal in late cases of dementia (memory loss) he is the best doctor I can think of that would give the best recommendations (for your parents) of which spices to be used, which foods, what nutrients and vitamins they need to be at their best health!

ericbravermanmedicine - YouTube
Did I tell you he's taking care of my mom who has Alzheimer's?

Plus he doesn't seem to have it but with all on his mind he's making lots of mistakes. Buying 4 of the same lotto tickets. Leaving water boiling or burgers cooking too long. But he's dealing with a lot.

I'm hoping he likes your herb advice.

The Passion Flower tea that I drink is very powerful. It's made by Altiva and I do not drink it that often but if someone is feeling stress and needs to relax? This is a great tea. It will also put you to sleep if you drink it about 30 minutes before bedtime - there is a tea GNC makes which is relaxing called Nighty Night tea and that is also a good tea to drink before bedtime.

Oolong Tea is a a popular Chinese tea and can be found most anywhere, I get mine at GNC. There are a number of online sites you could find it on as well as any local health food store in your area, Sealy.

Green teas are high in antioxidants which have been proven to be of great benefit for heart health! There are science backed reasons for tea being healthy for the heart. Oolong tea prevents hardening of the arteries and stimulates the heart, muscles - talk to the doctor about that tea also.

Another thing about Oolong Tea - it is an excellent appetite suppressant and all natural - when I am fasting I drink it and it works very well.

So are cigarettes. :)
Not for me although it may be the weed giving me the munchies.
You need to quit that stuff. As long as you smoke pot you are putting up an iron wall between you and the LORD. It's very much an obstacle to encountering the LORD, Sealy.
here bobo take a hit.....
It's not lunchtime or 5pm. 2.5 hours I'm in

the doctors office?

Wha
This is very important for you to listen to, Sealy. Listen to this. This is talking about reversal of dementia, memory problems even in the late stages partial reversal has been accomplished! This very, very good news! Listen to what he says.

What do you think about pot? Just curious. Tried giving my ma pot cookies but they were too much. Thinking about capsules instead when shes miserable and angry.

This is a link to many of his videos, Sealy. He is (in my opinion) the best doctor, most informative, done the most research on what spices, nutrients, vitamins make the heart healthy, the brain healthy, and his study has proved to be correct in that they are seeing signs of complete reversal of memory loss in early cases of dementia and partial reversal in late cases of dementia (memory loss) he is the best doctor I can think of that would give the best recommendations (for your parents) of which spices to be used, which foods, what nutrients and vitamins they need to be at their best health!

Plus he doesn't seem to have it but with all on his mind he's making lots of mistakes. Buying 4 of the same lotto tickets. Leaving water boiling or burgers cooking too long. But he's dealing with a lot.

I think he will once he experiences the benefits of it! He'll be feeling on top of the world! When you feel good - your mood lifts too and you have more energy to handle the crisis situations that come along - like this matter with the Alzheimers. Now I put up a video about dementia and Dr. Braverman's use of herbs and spices and teas to "REVERSE IT" yes! Reverse it - increase her memory - the studies have proven total reversal of memory - (complete restoration) in early on dementia patients and partial reversal of memory (with those who have already had memory loss long term) so there is hope for your mother too, Sealy.

I am ordering Dr. Braverman's newest book on wellness and it has a lot of recipes in there. When I get it I will share the information with you for some good recipes for your parents that will be simple to make and hopefully - IDEALLY -meet both their needs at once. That would be the best -but I have to get his book. I'm going by what I can get off the internet here.

Wha
This is very important for you to listen to, Sealy. Listen to this. This is talking about reversal of dementia, memory problems even in the late stages partial reversal has been accomplished! This very, very good news! Listen to what he says.

What do you think about pot? Just curious. Tried giving my ma pot cookies but they were too much. Thinking about capsules instead when shes miserable and angry.

I don't think it would help. I think it would confuse her, it could scare her - I wouldn't give it to her. That is my thoughts on it. Some of that stuff is mighty powerful these days - what might be not that much of a change to you as a young person could be a total different experience for someone who does not use such things.

Why not give me a chance to just be lifting her up in prayer and ask the LORD to handle the anger and when she is acting miserable? I believe he will answer it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let's give prayer a chance first. I will lift her up in prayer every morning and every evening and after 30 days we will see how she is coming along. I know you will see a difference.

It sounds to me like he could use the antioxidants, herbs, spices and right foods for his own memory, Sealy. I will work on writing a healthy menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner for them and add the herbs, spices and teas to drink and you ask his doctor if that is agreeable with him and that it is from Dr. Braverman's website recommendations. He is under a doctors care so he has to be consulted about everything including his diet. Tell him your mom will be having same foods so everyone is on the same page. Diet is something that I believe is very important to our health. Some doctors do not think so but thank God Dr. Braverman does and he has said that he has seen many surgeries canceled because the diet,spices, herbs and teas corrected the problem and it was no longer necessary! Now that is exciting news to me!

That wasn't funny, Todd. This is serious. Not everything in life is a joke.

Yeah, it was funny.
:slap: Be quiet.

Bite me.
grow up.

Get a sense of humor.

I have one but when someone is asking about a heart issue I do not think - time to tell a joke - I think time show concern and some compassion. Get it?

As for your telling me to bite you? Do not tempt me, Todd. You are acting like a putz.

I have one but when someone is asking about a heart issue I do not think - time to tell a joke - I think time show concern and some compassion. Get it?

As for your telling me to bite you? Do not tempt me, Todd. You are acting like a putz.

Do ya really think it's possible to have a chunk of bacon in your aorta?
Get your head out of your ass, it's cutting off the oxygen to your brain.
On a good day, you're not too sharp.

I never claimed to be sharp, Todd. But I am honest. I told you what I thought about it. Poor timing for a joke. Stop trying to vindicate yourself. You made a mistake. I make them every day. Let it go.

Harry, see post # 34.

Getting back to heart health - here is the link on herbs & Spices and what each are good for - recommended by Dr. Braverman!

Herbs and Spices recommended by Dr. Eric Braverman MD PRLog

CUMIN

Properties: Research has shown that cumin may stimulate the secretion of pancreatic enzymes, compounds necessary for proper digestion and nutrient assimilation.
Cooking: Cumin, a spice found in curry, can be put on steak. It’s also good in tomato- or grain-based dishes, and its digestive properties mean that it is also ideal with beans.

GARLIC

Properties: Garlic has been researched extensively, and has shown benefit in the following areas: high cholesterol, hypertension, blood clotting, infections, and intestinal parasites.
Cooking: This herb adds flavor to a wide range of non-sweet dishes. Its flavor is milder when whole or sliced; crushing or chopping releases the oils, making the flavor stronger. Overcooking reduces its health benefits.

GINGER

Properties: Ginger is well-known for its beneficial effect on motion sickness and nausea. It also stimulates the digestion process.
Cooking: It’s good in both sweet and non-sweet dishes, adding a hot, yet refreshing, flavor to marinades, stir-fries, soups, curries, grains, and fresh vegetables. Use ginger sauces on salads and fish.

OREGANO

Properties: This herb can relieve digestive problems.
Cooking: A variety of marjoram, oregano has a stronger flavor that goes well with tomato-based dishes.

PAPRIKA

Properties: Paprika is a digestive stimulant and has antiseptic properties. It can also improve blood circulation.
Cooking: This spice is a milder relative of cayenne, and can be used in greater amounts to add color. Use paprika on eggs to add color.

ROSEMARY

Properties: This herb has a reputation for invigorating the circulation, and for relieving headaches and respiratory problems.
Cooking: Rosemary is traditionally used in meat dishes, but it can also add a smoky flavor to hearty bean and vegetable dishes. It adds extra flavor to chicken.

TURMERIC

Properties: This spice has antibacterial and antifungal qualities. It is also a good antioxidant, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Cooking: Like cumin, turmeric is found in curry. Besides its yellow color, this spice adds an earthy, peppery flavor to curries and stews.

Please note:
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment.

_____
there are more herbs and spices listed on his website see the link - now note that he said that Paprika is good for blood circulation? This is something to consider adding your menu, I believe- talk to your fathers doctor first and ask him if he has ever heard of Dr. Braverman! He has written books on health through diet - I'm sure he has heard of him and will approve him as he is highly respected in the medical field!
jere see post 40....

I never claimed to be sharp, Todd. But I am honest. I told you what I thought about it. Poor timing for a joke. Stop trying to vindicate yourself. You made a mistake. I make them every day. Let it go.

It was a lighthearthed quip, meant to elict a chuckle.
It got 4 funnies, including from sealybobo.
When you're over your period and finally stop throwing tampons at me, maybe you'll get it.

What if the doctor wants to do test on your aaorta. That's the main artery. What could be wrong?

It could be a blockage, Sealy. Is the doctor wanting to do a test on your aorta?
If so I'll be keeping you in my prayers. One thing I would tell you is that the main thing you need to focus on to be well is your diet. Teas and spices are the key to getting the maximum amount of nutrients which feed your body. You can eat smaller amounts of food and get a lot more vitamins and nutrients from the teas and spices you use. Invest fifty dollars in a good spice rack and use those spices every day on your food - toss the sugar - it creates toxins and you don't need toxins in your body - a tea such as oolong tea from GNC is what you should drink in the morning. Cut up 5 lemons and a lime and squeeze the juice into your cup of Oolong Tea. That is about 5 calories and about 15000 nutrients packed with vitamins and nutrients. Lemons are so good for you! So good for you! They prevent cancer, cleanse the body, there are a great deal of benefit from pure lemon juice.

Use natural oils and toss everything artificial. Do not drink sodas. Do not take any kind of sugar at all - ban sugar from your diet. As for food - eggs are full of protein and yes - eat the yellow part too! It won't hurt you - eat healthy salads, fruits, nuts, watch your diet and cut all the sugar. The sugar must go. It's not healthy for you.

Again, your flavor should come from the spices you use. Not processed food that may taste good but it's junk! You need to use Cumin, Ginger, Rosemary, good spices - its also very healthy for your brain! The tea is very important too. I would drink Chinese tea as often as possible. Everything that is an antioxidant? Do it. Cleanse your body with those teas - it will cleanse your arteries, and get you in optimum health. Diet is everything. The teas and the spices is what you need because there are many, many powerful nutrients in spices. There are more nutrients in the spices you eat than the food - many times.
It's my dad. He's not eating enough and he's not sleeping taking care of my mom with Alzheimer's.

You can't eat any healthier than him. In fact the doc told him to eat some baklava. We're Greek. Lol

He drinks camomile tea. Are there better teas? I'll tell him everything you tell me.

So why would there be blockage if he's not eating?

I'm not sure. I would have to ask a friend of mine who is a doctor. She could tell me. I'll send her an email tonight. In the meantime, I will tell you that the greatest thing I have learned is it isn't the amount of food we eat - it is the quality of it and as the soil is not always that rich - that our food is grown in - the answer is in the spices we put on the foods because many of those spices are super packed with nutrients! Same goes for the teas - antioxidants - they are great for the body!

The lemons I strongly recommend - lemon water - lemon in tea - limes too - lime puts the ph in water at the perfect level - I am not sure if I am getting this right - I'll have to look it up again but I think it actually neutralizes the alkalines in our body - and it is when that is out of balance that our bodies tend to have a weakened immune system - health - etc. Fish oils are great for the heart - salmon from Alaska that is organic and from a health food store - very good for your heart - walking - exercise - circulating our blood by walking / exercise is very good for the heart.

Passion flower tea from the herb stores or GNC is excellent for relaxation - better than Jasmine tea any day - Passion flower tea is so relaxing that it can help people who are on zanax and cannot sleep get off of zanax and get back to sleeping right. I helped my brother get off zanax with nothing but Chinese teas and vitamins from GNC. He has been off zanax for many months now and swears he will never return to it - he was on a huge dose of zanax every day for over 5 years and it was the teas and the vitamins that got him off of it.

Now a question for you. Does your dad smoke a pipe or cigarettes? He will have to give those up and the passion flower tea will certainly help him to calm his nerves. It sounds like this is stress related - perhaps with all the concern he has over your mom. I am going to be praying for him and I will try to get a list together of some healthy / easy to prepare foods for him to eat that he will enjoy and that will also lift him up and help his mood. He sounds like he needs a lift. The right diet and nutrients can do that!
Ok so an update. My dad is very stubborn. I made him listen to the one video and you could tell he was mentally putting fingers in his ears and going LA LA LA LA while it was playing.

He can't do lemons. He's got a real sensitive stomach. Can't eat a lot of things that are good for you, like spices tomato's or anything acidic. I'll give him that but he's a baby.

I tell him to ask the doctor a couple things and he won't. He says, "if that's good why doesn't the doctor recommend it?". I think I need to go with him.

My brother and his family are moving back from a 4 year job in Switzerland. I'm going to have a lot more help very soon. My brother can talk to them or tell them things I can't and I can say some things to them he can't. Greek parents are great at playing the guilt card. They don't let their kids go. They NEED their kids to be involved. I love them but Greek parents are weird. At least the generation 50 and up. They are americanized but also very Greek. You saw my big fat Greek wedding right? That's so realistic.

Anyways, he's gonna do what he can do till he can't no more. He just doesn't realize how much it will cost them to both live in a retirement home, especially if she's going to require help and she's going to.

And my parents have money! How do poor people do it? There goes my inheritance. Lol.

It was a lighthearthed quip, meant to elict a chuckle.
It got 4 funnies, including from sealybobo.
When you're over your period and finally stop throwing tampons at me, maybe you'll get it.
Some people, not me, but some people are really sensitive. Online bullying has led to suicide. I've said a lot of mean things on usmb but I would have never seen this topic and decided to come home in it. You must have one sick sense of humor. I love it.

You remind me of my aunt. True story about her. She was upset with her cousins because their mother didn't want to see her mother and after she died my aunt went to the funeral went up and pay their respects to the body turned around to the two daughters grieving and said f*** you as loud as she could to both of them. Nobody can believe that she did it. She's always been crazy but that's a level we never thought possible.

What if the doctor wants to do test on your aaorta. That's the main artery. What could be wrong?

It could be a blockage, Sealy. Is the doctor wanting to do a test on your aorta?
If so I'll be keeping you in my prayers. One thing I would tell you is that the main thing you need to focus on to be well is your diet. Teas and spices are the key to getting the maximum amount of nutrients which feed your body. You can eat smaller amounts of food and get a lot more vitamins and nutrients from the teas and spices you use. Invest fifty dollars in a good spice rack and use those spices every day on your food - toss the sugar - it creates toxins and you don't need toxins in your body - a tea such as oolong tea from GNC is what you should drink in the morning. Cut up 5 lemons and a lime and squeeze the juice into your cup of Oolong Tea. That is about 5 calories and about 15000 nutrients packed with vitamins and nutrients. Lemons are so good for you! So good for you! They prevent cancer, cleanse the body, there are a great deal of benefit from pure lemon juice.

Use natural oils and toss everything artificial. Do not drink sodas. Do not take any kind of sugar at all - ban sugar from your diet. As for food - eggs are full of protein and yes - eat the yellow part too! It won't hurt you - eat healthy salads, fruits, nuts, watch your diet and cut all the sugar. The sugar must go. It's not healthy for you.

Again, your flavor should come from the spices you use. Not processed food that may taste good but it's junk! You need to use Cumin, Ginger, Rosemary, good spices - its also very healthy for your brain! The tea is very important too. I would drink Chinese tea as often as possible. Everything that is an antioxidant? Do it. Cleanse your body with those teas - it will cleanse your arteries, and get you in optimum health. Diet is everything. The teas and the spices is what you need because there are many, many powerful nutrients in spices. There are more nutrients in the spices you eat than the food - many times.
It's my dad. He's not eating enough and he's not sleeping taking care of my mom with Alzheimer's.

You can't eat any healthier than him. In fact the doc told him to eat some baklava. We're Greek. Lol

He drinks camomile tea. Are there better teas? I'll tell him everything you tell me.

So why would there be blockage if he's not eating?

I'm not sure. I would have to ask a friend of mine who is a doctor. She could tell me. I'll send her an email tonight. In the meantime, I will tell you that the greatest thing I have learned is it isn't the amount of food we eat - it is the quality of it and as the soil is not always that rich - that our food is grown in - the answer is in the spices we put on the foods because many of those spices are super packed with nutrients! Same goes for the teas - antioxidants - they are great for the body!

The lemons I strongly recommend - lemon water - lemon in tea - limes too - lime puts the ph in water at the perfect level - I am not sure if I am getting this right - I'll have to look it up again but I think it actually neutralizes the alkalines in our body - and it is when that is out of balance that our bodies tend to have a weakened immune system - health - etc. Fish oils are great for the heart - salmon from Alaska that is organic and from a health food store - very good for your heart - walking - exercise - circulating our blood by walking / exercise is very good for the heart.

Passion flower tea from the herb stores or GNC is excellent for relaxation - better than Jasmine tea any day - Passion flower tea is so relaxing that it can help people who are on zanax and cannot sleep get off of zanax and get back to sleeping right. I helped my brother get off zanax with nothing but Chinese teas and vitamins from GNC. He has been off zanax for many months now and swears he will never return to it - he was on a huge dose of zanax every day for over 5 years and it was the teas and the vitamins that got him off of it.

Now a question for you. Does your dad smoke a pipe or cigarettes? He will have to give those up and the passion flower tea will certainly help him to calm his nerves. It sounds like this is stress related - perhaps with all the concern he has over your mom. I am going to be praying for him and I will try to get a list together of some healthy / easy to prepare foods for him to eat that he will enjoy and that will also lift him up and help his mood. He sounds like he needs a lift. The right diet and nutrients can do that!
Ok so an update. My dad is very stubborn. I made him listen to the one video and you could tell he was mentally putting fingers in his ears and going LA LA LA LA while it was playing.

He can't do lemons. He's got a real sensitive stomach. Can't eat a lot of things that are good for you, like spices tomato's or anything acidic. I'll give him that but he's a baby.

I tell him to ask the doctor a couple things and he won't. He says, "if that's good why doesn't the doctor recommend it?". I think I need to go with him.

My brother and his family are moving back from a 4 year job in Switzerland. I'm going to have a lot more help very soon. My brother can talk to them or tell them things I can't and I can say some things to them he can't. Greek parents are great at playing the guilt card. They don't let their kids go. They NEED their kids to be involved. I love them but Greek parents are weird. At least the generation 50 and up. They are americanized but also very Greek. You saw my big fat Greek wedding right? That's so realistic.

Anyways, he's gonna do what he can do till he can't no more. He just doesn't realize how much it will cost them to both live in a retirement home, especially if she's going to require help and she's going to.

And my parents have money! How do poor people do it? There goes my inheritance. Lol.

You are a very good son! God bless you! Got the memo on the lemons. No lemons. Okay. Well let me see what there is out there for simple menu's but healthy for the heart, Sealy. I'll do my best to post it in tomorrow. Have a great evening and do not forget to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. You have a lot going on - you need to take care of yourself and yes, I know about Greek parents. I have a very dear friend who is Greek and he is very devoted to his parents and cares for their every need. I pray God blesses you for being such a good son.

Aneurism. Aortic aneurisms can be near instant killers.
Good if they caught it. My grandpa on mom's side died of a body aneurism, I think. Or head. Now I forgot. I'm getting Alzheimer's!

They can be in both locations. I forget which is which But one is called an ascending, the other a descending and one is abdominal, the other thoracic.

Forum List

Back