CDZ A very simple question

Is it a good thing to empathize with other people?

• Total voters
Other. I have little to no empathy or reason to entertain the thoughts of others who exhibit no compassion or empathy (especially for children in the womb) themselves. Especially when they continually challenge, ridicule and berate me for any and all attempts to point out their lack of empathy to them. Yeah. . . Fuck-em-all.
Well, honesty is always appreciated. We could use more of that here, instead of the usual deflecting and avoiding and defensiveness.

I am honest to a fault. I can't imagine anyone having the time and energy to post here and be anything other than honest.

I know the odds are that that are dishonest members on all sides. I'm just not one of them. I have a hard enough time just trying to keep up with the facts.

I got skills that put me working on F-15s. Again, it is lazy people who moan and groan how unfair life is, then expect the government to give them free stuff

McDonalds taught areotech? what a great place !!

Losers are 30 year pros at McD's burger flipping, unless they finally got educated and became a store manger, who makes 50 to 75 thousand.

I've met the 'men in black' from hamburger U

quite interesting sorts

~S~

When I think of the word empathy, I ask myself whether people are showing actual empathy or simply wanting the world to see themselves as showing it. Empathy with true understanding is a wonderful thing, but empathy as expressed through virtue signaling isn't.

A certain wise fellow said "do not be as play actors....", and I think there is much merit in that. Expressing faux virtue simply to receive praise is not only an act of vanity, but what is actually being supported is too often anything BUT virtuous.

Moderation has no empathy for folks that can't keep ONE forum civil and useful...

Instead, I want to know the whole picture so I can make better decisions. So I want to know and accurately the motivation, experience, perspective and priorities of the other person. Just as I want THEM to know where I'M coming from. To me, that's a REQUIRED part of dealing with people, isn't it?

I picked #4 because posing immovable morality against irresistible farces is how ethic classes paints a scenario for it's participants.

yes, i'm kickin' some ascii sand your way Mac , you're like all those latin spewing folks with 1/2 the alphabet after their names....

fact is, you could well have considered option #5, 'Are empaths born, or created'??

Anecdotally , i can equate this to all my ems years. Serving the sick and injured is a grand litmus test , and no better place to breed misanthropy ......I believe a lot of us were born empaths , i also believe many of us burned whatever empathy we had out over time....

One starts to place blame....it's their own d*mn fault....which we can read into many responses in this thread.

~S~
Tough to say whether people who can experience empathy are born or created. I'm pretty sure it's a natural human instinct. Sociopathy may just be within some -- or many, for that matter -- and it may just need an enabling environment, such as we obviously have now.

Or maybe empathy is just beaten out of them, by a combination of life experiences and their own personal inability to retain it.

Either way, sociopathy is become more prevalent by the day, and the resulting hate and increasing divisions aren't exactly a surprise. Look at this thread: There are people getting defensive, angry and aggressive in a thread about EMPATHY, fer cryin' out loud.

Empathy is imposed environmentally for sure... Like when my uncle used to insist on me coming to the Red Hook schools he principaled for.. They were tough schools and sitting in a few classes caused me to be "woke" to range of disadvantages that kids face.. Simple from "where" they live...

But NOW today, it gets harder to "empathize"... Because of the diversity point scoring system and the victimhood industry... Seems like no one in NEED --- needs empathy and mine is discouraged at every turn.. See the Race Forum eg... :2up:

If I don't score high enough on the diversity or disadvantaged scale, my basic ABILITY to empathize or even SPEAK to their pain is unwanted... There's a new system of grievance for the disadvantaged that simply doesn't like or VALUE mere empathy....,

I picked 4...........because I know the op is a fraud.....

Empathy............depends on the conversation at hand..........Empathy for the left and not calling them out for what they have become.............

Well............Not a chance in hell I would have Empathy for what they have become.

Empathy............depends on the conversation at hand..........Empathy for the left and not calling them out for what they have become.............

Well............Not a chance in hell I would have Empathy for what they have become.
Why do you say he's a fraud?

You do realize there are extreme leftists who target him in their sig line, don't you?

Seems to me that if a person manages to piss off both extremes, they can't be all that bad. I like the fellow, myself.

You do realize there are extreme leftists who target him in their sig line, don't you?

Seems to me that if a person manages to piss off both extremes, they can't be all that bad. I like the fellow, myself.
That is a choice.......not mine..........long history of his posting here and he almost always sides with the left trying to say we are so called as bad as them for being conservatives......

When I ask for the grand examples of our side............he always spins ....twists...........and then finally goes well they are worse..............

But then he says we are the problem............so I think he is a fraud.........the left has gone off the deep end....and I have NO EMPATHY FOR THEM..........OR MAC.

That is a choice.......not mine..........long history of his posting here and he almost always sides with the left trying to say we are so called as bad as them for being conservatives......

When I ask for the grand examples of our side............he always spins ....twists...........and then finally goes well they are worse..............

But then he says we are the problem............so I think he is a fraud.........the left has gone off the deep end....and I have NO EMPATHY FOR THEM..........OR MAC.

I agree with you that the left has gone off the deep end. I have seen countless posts by Mac assailing them for doing so, however.

In any case, you are cool with me and Mac is cool with me, so I would like to keep that ok if I could.

I got skills that put me working on F-15s. Again, it is lazy people who moan and groan how unfair life is, then expect the government to give them free stuff

McDonalds taught areotech? what a great place !!

Losers are 30 year pros at McD's burger flipping, unless they finally got educated and became a store manger, who makes 50 to 75 thousand.

I've met the 'men in black' from hamburger U

quite interesting sorts

~S~
Funny. I gave up my burger flipping and went into the Air Force, where avionics was a desirable field of study..

Moderation has no empathy for folks that can't keep ONE forum civil and useful...

Instead, I want to know the whole picture so I can make better decisions. So I want to know and accurately the motivation, experience, perspective and priorities of the other person. Just as I want THEM to know where I'M coming from. To me, that's a REQUIRED part of dealing with people, isn't it?

I picked #4 because posing immovable morality against irresistible farces is how ethic classes paints a scenario for it's participants.

yes, i'm kickin' some ascii sand your way Mac , you're like all those latin spewing folks with 1/2 the alphabet after their names....

fact is, you could well have considered option #5, 'Are empaths born, or created'??

Anecdotally , i can equate this to all my ems years. Serving the sick and injured is a grand litmus test , and no better place to breed misanthropy ......I believe a lot of us were born empaths , i also believe many of us burned whatever empathy we had out over time....

One starts to place blame....it's their own d*mn fault....which we can read into many responses in this thread.

~S~
Tough to say whether people who can experience empathy are born or created. I'm pretty sure it's a natural human instinct. Sociopathy may just be within some -- or many, for that matter -- and it may just need an enabling environment, such as we obviously have now.

Or maybe empathy is just beaten out of them, by a combination of life experiences and their own personal inability to retain it.

Either way, sociopathy is become more prevalent by the day, and the resulting hate and increasing divisions aren't exactly a surprise. Look at this thread: There are people getting defensive, angry and aggressive in a thread about EMPATHY, fer cryin' out loud.

Empathy is imposed environmentally for sure... Like when my uncle used to insist on me coming to the Red Hook schools he principaled for.. They were tough schools and sitting in a few classes caused me to be "woke" to range of disadvantages that kids face.. Simple from "where" they live...

But NOW today, it gets harder to "empathize"... Because of the diversity point scoring system and the victimhood industry... Seems like no one in NEED --- needs empathy and mine is discouraged at every turn.. See the Race Forum eg... :2up:

If I don't score high enough on the diversity or disadvantaged scale, my basic ABILITY to empathize or even SPEAK to their pain is unwanted... There's a new system of grievance for the disadvantaged that simply doesn't like or VALUE mere empathy....,
It takes a little effort at times, for sure. But I don't see how anything can be created or improved or fixed if we don't know where everyone is coming from.

For me, it's not a chore. It's a curiosity. If I see something broken, I want to fix it. And maybe someone else has a better way, because they have a more appropriate perspective on it. Or maybe we combine our perspectives to create the best possible way.

And sure as hell, I'd prefer that people knew where I was coming from on any given topic. Wouldn't you?

I don't get it. This seems pretty obvious to me. On the other hand, I may very well be a nut. Ask my wife, the long-suffering Mrs. Mac.

Last edited:

I'll make this as clear and simple as I can.

You right wingers think that left wingers are the problem. Left wingers think that you right wingers are the problem.

I think that wingers are the problem.

And I've pointed that out, about a zillion times, including the first, third and fifth lines of my sig.

This is as easy and simple as I can make it for you. You can pretend whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:

I'll make this as clear and simple as I can.

You right wingers think that left wingers are the problem.

Left wingers think that you right wingers are the problem.

I think that wingers are the problem.

And I've pointed that out, about a zillion times, including the first and third lines of my sig.

You have to put a ton of effort into ignoring my thousands of posts about the Regressive Left. I can't help you.

I resent being labeled as a "winger" just because I have empathy for children in the womb. I am not afraid or ashamed to rub any deniers face in their ignorance of their hypocrisy from any side of the political spectrum.

I don't know much about your positions, although you're clearly pro life. If I specifically say that YOU are something, then you'd have something.

I am not "pro-life."

I am anti-elective abortion.

I don't expect you to know (or want to know) the difference.

I don't know much about your positions, although you're clearly pro life. If I specifically say that YOU are something, then you'd have something.

I am not "pro-life."

I am anti-elective abortion.

I don't expect you to know (or want to know) the difference.
Great. I really don't care.

And the thread is about something else.

When I think of the word empathy, I ask myself whether people are showing actual empathy or simply wanting the world to see themselves as showing it. Empathy with true understanding is a wonderful thing, but empathy as expressed through virtue signaling isn't.
Empathy is imposed environmentally for sure

Depending on environment, It isn't always a virtue though....[has been] anecodtally (if i may yet again) when i joined ems , i would show up on calls with this 'scared rabbit' look on my mug. This was counter productive ,especially when those alert patients, or immediate family took that 'look of empathy' as the harbinger of doom.

Fortunately , i had some great mentors , a number of corpsemen with considerable experience(s) & had my back took me aside, outfitted me w/sunnies ,and basically told me 'stfu,and follow me kid'

eyes being the mirror of one's soul and all.....

all have retired , or passed on now......I miss those guys
[/has been]

For me, it's not a chore. It's a curiosity. If I see something broken, I want to fix it.

well......see....that's you're whole problem Mac....

~S~

It takes a little effort at times, for sure. But I don't see how anything can be created or improved or fixed if we don't know where everyone is coming from.

I've explored "where they are coming from"... The grievance industry is BEYOND valuing your empathy.. That just doesn't cut it anymore.. They want DIFFERENT forms of payment that they will dictate without your help...

So beyond empathy -- there is "commitment to help"... And essentially, empathy is worthless and they've already figured out what you will pay to fix their grievance...

I really don't do business or philanthropy that way.. Especially when my voice is muzzled and my hands are tied..

Sorry man.. It's depressing.. At least I don't have to worry about being their "co-dependent" anymore...

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back