CDZ Weekend Loneliness

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
The agony of weekend loneliness: ‘I won't speak to another human until Monday’

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.

Seriously? I only love you people because I can log out and shut down the computer. I'm a recluse. The weekend is where I build up my good feelings toward humanity. Technically, I'm still kind of working on the weekends (for the sake of the argument lets pretend I don't).At 8:03 am Monday morning someone has managed to suck all of that out of me. By Friday Eve I am considering a box of razor blades and locking myself in the bathroom.

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.
Good for you your country has a ministry for loneliness. If you feel alone, use their offers.

I'm a recluse

It a big club Disir....

I'm a nature boy, fluent in fowl, pig , working on goat...
j2l6Vk5.jpg

The weekend is where I build up my good feelings toward humanity
the misanthrope RX .....when the heart grows fonder....:highfive:
~S~

Seriously? I only love you people because I can log out and shut down the computer. I'm a recluse. The weekend is where I build up my good feelings toward humanity. Technically, I'm still kind of working on the weekends (for the sake of the argument lets pretend I don't).At 8:03 am Monday morning someone has managed to suck all of that out of me. By Friday Eve I am considering a box of razor blades and locking myself in the bathroom.
Very sad. You need some diversion. There are plenty of options, though.

Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah
Oh oh oh, oh oh ah Only the lonely, only the lonely

Only the lonely (Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know the room to join tonight (Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah)
Only the lonely (Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Spend time here to feel allright (Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)

There goes my dog, out goes the cats
and i sit posting,,,w/out any pants!
But only the lonely know why I cry
Only the lonely

Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah
Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah
Oh oh oh, oh oh ah
Only the lonely, only the lonely.....

w/apologies to Mr Orbison

~S~

Very sad. You need some diversion. There are plenty of options, though.

:icon_rolleyes:

It's called the weekend.

Christians get off of their asses and go help someone or something. Tell this dude to get outside and contribute to society. He’s bound to run into someone for a discussion.

Apparently loneliness is very common in the USA. Some people seldom interact with another human being.

As a retired person, every day is like any other. So, no weekend loneliness here. I love every day. Never really experienced loneliness. I spent 15 days in the AZ desert last year, entirely alone. I loved it. Must be different for others.

Loneliness affects almost half of adult Americans.
MDLinx, a news service for physicians, reports “The newest epidemic in America now affects up to 47% of adults—double the number affected a few decades ago” (1).

This staggering data has relevance because of its correlation with increased risk for early mortality, risk rates similar to those for obesity and smoking 15 cigarettes a day. Also, the findings relate to adverse health risks such as higher systolic blood pressure, body mass index, and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Depression and suicide are also cited.

Loneliness: A New Epidemic in the USA

That sounds like a choice though.

is this a bad thread to be bringing up edible pets then? ~S~

Not at all. I know a lot of people with hobby farms, regular farms, horse ranches and cattle ranches. In fact, I know several people with Nigerian dwarf goats and pygmy goats (in addition to). I know exactly where my food comes from.

A grocery store. I can own a pet when I can stop committing plant genocide.

That sounds like a choice though.

Yep. It is. I think loneliness is often a choice. You could probably find things you could participate in for a variety of interests that you may have but you would have to put some effort into it and accept people as they are.

I interact with a lot of people daily and often work 16 hours a day. I have people texting me all night long. By Saturday, I don't want any human interaction including the grocery store and then...........I have no snacks.

I interact with a lot of people daily and often work 16 hours a day. I have people texting me all night long. By Saturday, I don't want any human interaction including the grocery store and then...........I have no snacks.

ditto, i'm a public biz , the onslaught of humanity comes at me in every form of communicado....by sunday it's the liquor store.....~S~

ditto, i'm a public biz , the onslaught of humanity comes at me in every form of communicado....by sunday it's the liquor store.....~S~

I love the liquor store. It's pretty. Truthfully, I talk about drinking way more than I actually drink. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be an alcoholic. I will wear prairie dresses, grow my hair to my ankles, walk barefoot and sit on my front porch with a salt gun and a chocolate martini and scare the bejeezes out of everyone in the neighborhood. Perhaps I will even run my vacuum cleaner on the drive way just to make sure.

We can love you back even when you're logged off.. New feature on Xenforo... I'll remember to PM you on Friday Eves now for a welfare check... :2up:

Forum List

Back