CDZ A very simple question

Is it a good thing to empathize with other people?

• Total voters
No. I have no use for empathy and never have. I learned early on in life thst nobody else gives a shit if you’re having a bad day, or what your problems are. This hardened me to understand thst the only person I need to look out for is me, and my best interests.

Maybe you need to simply talk to another human being. In real life. Just a thought.

Do we expect the following Americans to have the same life experiences, opportunities, attitudes, perspectives, motivations, priorities, and worldviews as us?

Or, is it worth it for all of us to at least have a decent & fair understanding of any of that?
100367132-rich-young-boy-gettyp.530x298.jpg

kids-ghetto-cops-1360368319.png

redneck_400x400.jpg
Your first pic is a child actor playing the part of a fictional character. Will moonbats ever evolve to an extent that they are able to discern fiction from reality? Who knows? :dunno:

Your second example has zero context. Who are those people? Sure I've been arrested and put into handcuffs plenty of times. So I can certainly empathize with that kid. But it is just a snapshot. It has no context and therefore it says nothing about his outcome.

Your third example looks like some ordinary old man who for one reason or another had to have his teeth pulled, and replaced with dentures or implants. And he is comically making faces for the camera because he knows he looks silly. You can tell because his eyes are looking directly into the camera.

So reasonably, we cannot even begin to speculate regarding their opportunities, attitudes, perspectives, motivations, priorities, and worldviews.

Wouldn't you agree?

Or are you just an ignorant typical Democrat fascist asshole?
Whatever I am, I sure can trigger you folks. I'll put you down for a #4 in the survey. Cool.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that we no longer practice fundamental empathy very well. And for the purposes of this thread, let's define that: A reasonable psychological identification or understanding of the perspectives of another.

It looks to me as if those who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry and divided are winning, because one of their most effective tactics is to purposely avoid and/or distort the perspectives of the "other". We appear to do that instinctively now.

So here's the question:

I say 3, but partially 1 as well. No two people will have the exact same position, but both side need to feel okay with what they walk away with. The biggest gripe I hear about trump is that he comes from the 1980's yuppie crowed where a "Deal" is made when the guy on the other side is utterly crushed. Same with Bamma and I figure it's the same in congress to. You have team red and team blue constantly in a power struggle and neither side can be happy with what they get. It's either all of it with the opponent completely destroyed or nothing.
Because we're no longer concerning ourselves with either understanding the other tribe or innovating new and dynamic things, it's pulling us apart by the day as we hide within our tribes. So naturally we have devolved into a shallow, binary, paranoid, all-or-nothing culture.

I'm pretty sure that we no longer practice fundamental empathy very well. And for the purposes of this thread, let's define that: A reasonable psychological identification or understanding of the perspectives of another.

It looks to me as if those who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry and divided are winning, because one of their most effective tactics is to purposely avoid and/or distort the perspectives of the "other". We appear to do that instinctively now.

So here's the question:

Of course. We were sliding down the path towards total political division for quite a while until Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed) dumped us straight into the chasm. I blame him solely for an almost surgical removal of empathy in our current society. When your 'leader' leads by the dehumanization of half the country, where else can you go from there? The fish stinks from the head, and the rot is only going to get worse until a fundamental change is made.
You dont think that Oblummer, the brown excrement, caused any division between the rich and poor, the white against colors, educated against non educated? The Marxist playbook of the left is to divide a nation, for then it is easier to conquer the nation, and when Communism takes over, there is no freedom of choice, no freedom to work at a job you like, no freedom to raise a family. Sometimes I think the left are nothing but slaves and need someone to rule them...

Everything you mention is a fear you have. A class-based fear, a skin color fear, a fear of the educated (you think they're all elitist pricks) and finally, a fear of Communism.

You seem very fearful. You ok?
Paranoia might be the biggest tool used by those who wish to divide us. They know it works. And it sure is.

So here's the question:

There's a difference between empathizing and enabling.

I can totally empathize with Trump Supporters. They are mostly white people who realize that the "American Dream" that their parents and grandparents enjoyed no longer exists. The Good Union Job you got after High School has been replaced with the menial job you get after you rack up $60,000 in College debt. They are often working two and three jobs to make ends meet while the rich get richer. This describes not only the people I grew up with, but most of my relatives.

Where my empathy ends for them is when their reaction is not to blame the Wall Street Parasites who have been attacking them for 40 years, but poor minorities who have less than they have.

It's hard to collaborate with people who keep voting for the folks who are screwing them and us, because they've learned how to play on their racial, religious and sexual fears.
I agree with most of that Joe, but your conclusion is wrong. Voting for Ds won’t fix shit. You’d think you would know this after eight years of Ears,"a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black muppet of corporate plutocrats.”

Both parties are very much alike. They’re both controlled by the .1%.

Moderation has no empathy for folks that can't keep ONE forum civil and useful...

Instead, I want to know the whole picture so I can make better decisions. So I want to know and accurately the motivation, experience, perspective and priorities of the other person. Just as I want THEM to know where I'M coming from. To me, that's a REQUIRED part of dealing with people, isn't it?

I picked #4 because posing immovable morality against irresistible farces is how ethic classes paints a scenario for it's participants.

yes, i'm kickin' some ascii sand your way Mac , you're like all those latin spewing folks with 1/2 the alphabet after their names....

fact is, you could well have considered option #5, 'Are empaths born, or created'??

Anecdotally , i can equate this to all my ems years. Serving the sick and injured is a grand litmus test , and no better place to breed misanthropy ......I believe a lot of us were born empaths , i also believe many of us burned whatever empathy we had out over time....

One starts to place blame....it's their own d*mn fault....which we can read into many responses in this thread.

~S~

Moderation has no empathy for folks that can't keep ONE forum civil and useful...

Instead, I want to know the whole picture so I can make better decisions. So I want to know and accurately the motivation, experience, perspective and priorities of the other person. Just as I want THEM to know where I'M coming from. To me, that's a REQUIRED part of dealing with people, isn't it?

I picked #4 because posing immovable morality against irresistible farces is how ethic classes paints a scenario for it's participants.

yes, i'm kickin' some ascii sand your way Mac , you're like all those latin spewing folks with 1/2 the alphabet after their names....

fact is, you could well have considered option #5, 'Are empaths born, or created'??

Anecdotally , i can equate this to all my ems years. Serving the sick and injured is a grand litmus test , and no better place to breed misanthropy ......I believe a lot of us were born empaths , i also believe many of us burned whatever empathy we had out over time....

One starts to place blame....it's their own d*mn fault....which we can read into many responses in this thread.

~S~
Tough to say whether people who can experience empathy are born or created. I'm pretty sure it's a natural human instinct. Sociopathy may just be within some -- or many, for that matter -- and it may just need an enabling environment, such as we obviously have now.

Or maybe empathy is just beaten out of them, by a combination of life experiences and their own personal inability to retain it.

Either way, sociopathy is become more prevalent by the day, and the resulting hate and increasing divisions aren't exactly a surprise. Look at this thread: There are people getting defensive, angry and aggressive in a thread about EMPATHY, fer cryin' out loud.

Last edited:
Either way, sociopathy is become more prevalent by the day, and the resulting hate and increasing divisions aren't exactly a surprise.
elevate that notion to a social construct , with the masses parroting a construed ,contrived narrative , objectively we see the enablers as well as destroyers of empathy.

which is where my RX comes in, i'm back into band work now. making people feel good and dance vs. my prior occupation is literally going from cryin' with the saints, to singin' with the sinners

let rome burn...

~S~

Do we expect the following Americans to have the same life experiences, opportunities, attitudes, perspectives, motivations, priorities, and worldviews as us?

Or, is it worth it for all of us to at least have a decent & fair understanding of any of that?
100367132-rich-young-boy-gettyp.530x298.jpg

kids-ghetto-cops-1360368319.png

redneck_400x400.jpg
Your first pic is a child actor playing the part of a fictional character. Will moonbats ever evolve to an extent that they are able to discern fiction from reality? Who knows? :dunno:

Your second example has zero context. Who are those people? Sure I've been arrested and put into handcuffs plenty of times. So I can certainly empathize with that kid. But it is just a snapshot. It has no context and therefore it says nothing about his outcome.

Your third example looks like some ordinary old man who for one reason or another had to have his teeth pulled, and replaced with dentures or implants. And he is comically making faces for the camera because he knows he looks silly. You can tell because his eyes are looking directly into the camera.

So reasonably, we cannot even begin to speculate regarding their opportunities, attitudes, perspectives, motivations, priorities, and worldviews.

Wouldn't you agree?

Or are you just an ignorant typical Democrat fascist asshole?
I'll put you down for a #4 in the survey.
That is what simpletons like you tend to do.

Pigeonhole people.

Maybe you need to simply talk to another human being. In real life. Just a thought.

I deal with plenty of people face-to-face on a daily basis. That’s generally the biggest annoyances in my life...

I can’t have empathy or sympathy for incompetence, which seems to be the main component of our current society.

Last edited:
Yes it is good to empathize with others, but you also need to worry about yourself and make sure others are empathizing with you.

Too often I see people who only care about themselves and money. A good example are the people who say they don't care about anything else Trump does as long as their stocks keeping doing well. Or when they push for cuts in food stamps, but don't care when a story comes out that HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of tax payer money was used in Congress to settle a sexual harassment case.
Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaa…..Wealth envy....is it very destructive....liberal victimhood is the reason why liberals cant do well. Stop being a victim and you can make something of yourself.

Oprah...liberal.....billions of dollars
Jeff Bezos...liberal...billions of dollars.
Morgan Freeman....liberal....millions of dollars..
Born in poverty but earned they way to greatness...

This is the Clean debate zone where personal attacks are against the rules.
If the shoe fits then wear it....I was in general making the statement that if you are too stupid to know how to make something of yourself then you can stay in poverty. You just proved my point.

You told me I had wealth envy and told me stop being a victim. That was a personal attack. If you are talking about liberals, say liberals. I also don't see how what I posted has anything to do with it. If a member of Congress gets in trouble for sexual harassment, they need to pay for it THEMSELVES, not with tax payer dollars.
Instead of staying a victim and think everything is a personal attack, why dont you invest in the stock market, this the "experts" are saying it is in a "melt up" and take advantage of those dividends.....
Investing in the stock market is not for everybody. It is always a risk.

So here's the question:

I say 3, but partially 1 as well. No two people will have the exact same position, but both side need to feel okay with what they walk away with. The biggest gripe I hear about trump is that he comes from the 1980's yuppie crowed where a "Deal" is made when the guy on the other side is utterly crushed. Same with Bamma and I figure it's the same in congress to. You have team red and team blue constantly in a power struggle and neither side can be happy with what they get. It's either all of it with the opponent completely destroyed or nothing.
Because we're no longer concerning ourselves with either understanding the other tribe or innovating new and dynamic things, it's pulling us apart by the day as we hide within our tribes. So naturally we have devolved into a shallow, binary, paranoid, all-or-nothing culture.

That's the media's marketing model and it also works for the polititions. Keeping power is the goal. Nothing else. Both sides need to get it that their sides don't have their best interest at heart.

LOL. There will always be poor but rather than spending trillions enriching the 1%, which is what our criminal government does, helping the poor makes more sense to me. If we must have a huge omnipresent central government, it should function for the people, not just the 1%. Let’s stop the suffering.

I recognize I’m asking for something that can’t be accomplished, in the current environment.

He doesn't understand how capitalism works. The model depends on there being poor for the richest to take advantage of to maximize profits.
Morgan Feeman disagrees with you. Are you calling this black man a liar?

That's a logical fallacy called appeal to authority. Do some of your own research in capitalism.

In the US, there are those who can overcome their handicaps and become very well off, but it takes work. Then there are those who dont want to lead, but will follow so they can enjoy their lives and provide for their families thus being happy. Then there are those who can never be happy, even when they have the most money in the world, because to them they just cant find what they are looking for, thus being a victim, even if the richest man in the world. So they must screw everyone else because then when no one is happy, then it is equality. That is liberal fairness...

Then there are those who use anecdotal stories to prove their point holds merit. For every Morgan Freeman there are hundreds of thousands of people exactly like him that do not make it in Hollywood. Another good example is the McDonald's franchise. Do you think Ray Crock did all the hard work to come up with the restaurant? Superman... do you think DC Comics created Superman? Don't give me anecdotal stories as facts. They are not. If a person believes an anecdotal story, and thus believes over 35 million people living in poverty in the U.S. are that way because they are lazy that goes to the OP's point about empathy.

I worked for McDonalds back in 1976....But instead of whining about how unfair minimum wage was, I got skills that put me working on F-15s. Again, it is lazy people who moan and groan how unfair life is, then expect the government to give them free stuff. I say, no more free stuff and let each person perform to their best of abilities. If you dont work, you dont eat.

Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaa…..Wealth envy....is it very destructive....liberal victimhood is the reason why liberals cant do well. Stop being a victim and you can make something of yourself.

Oprah...liberal.....billions of dollars
Jeff Bezos...liberal...billions of dollars.
Morgan Freeman....liberal....millions of dollars..
Born in poverty but earned they way to greatness...

This is the Clean debate zone where personal attacks are against the rules.
If the shoe fits then wear it....I was in general making the statement that if you are too stupid to know how to make something of yourself then you can stay in poverty. You just proved my point.

You told me I had wealth envy and told me stop being a victim. That was a personal attack. If you are talking about liberals, say liberals. I also don't see how what I posted has anything to do with it. If a member of Congress gets in trouble for sexual harassment, they need to pay for it THEMSELVES, not with tax payer dollars.
Instead of staying a victim and think everything is a personal attack, why dont you invest in the stock market, this the "experts" are saying it is in a "melt up" and take advantage of those dividends.....
Investing in the stock market is not for everybody. It is always a risk.
Yeah, it is a risk, I got in the market in 1987 when working as a stock clerk at Home Depot. Was putting in 10% of my wages to buy the stock, today I am worth millions.

Other.

I have little to no empathy or reason to entertain the thoughts of others who exhibit no compassion or empathy (especially for children in the womb) themselves.

Especially when they continually challenge, ridicule and berate me for any and all attempts to point out their lack of empathy to them.

Yeah. . .

Fuck-em-all.

Last edited:
He doesn't understand how capitalism works. The model depends on there being poor for the richest to take advantage of to maximize profits.

That's a logical fallacy called appeal to authority. Do some of your own research in capitalism.

In the US, there are those who can overcome their handicaps and become very well off, but it takes work. Then there are those who dont want to lead, but will follow so they can enjoy their lives and provide for their families thus being happy. Then there are those who can never be happy, even when they have the most money in the world, because to them they just cant find what they are looking for, thus being a victim, even if the richest man in the world. So they must screw everyone else because then when no one is happy, then it is equality. That is liberal fairness...

Then there are those who use anecdotal stories to prove their point holds merit. For every Morgan Freeman there are hundreds of thousands of people exactly like him that do not make it in Hollywood. Another good example is the McDonald's franchise. Do you think Ray Crock did all the hard work to come up with the restaurant? Superman... do you think DC Comics created Superman? Don't give me anecdotal stories as facts. They are not. If a person believes an anecdotal story, and thus believes over 35 million people living in poverty in the U.S. are that way because they are lazy that goes to the OP's point about empathy.

I worked for McDonalds back in 1976....But instead of whining about how unfair minimum wage was, I got skills that put me working on F-15s. Again, it is lazy people who moan and groan how unfair life is, then expect the government to give them free stuff. I say, no more free stuff and let each person perform to their best of abilities. If you dont work, you dont eat.

Once again you don't know the facts. Despite inflation, the minimum wage has not increased with inflation equal since the 1950's, meaning that your 1976 McDonald's minimum wage job paid more equally by the over 40 year old minimum wage job today.

You deal in stereotypes. The world isnt like that.Those of us who can show empathy understand that.

Other. I have little to no empathy or reason to entertain the thoughts of others who exhibit no compassion or empathy (especially for children in the womb) themselves. Especially when they continually challenge, ridicule and berate me for any and all attempts to point out their lack of empathy to them. Yeah. . . Fuck-em-all.
Well, honesty is always appreciated. We could use more of that here, instead of the usual deflecting and avoiding and defensiveness.

Last edited:

Once again you don't know the facts. Despite inflation, the minimum wage has not increased with inflation equal since the 1950's, meaning that your 1976 McDonald's minimum wage job paid more equally by the over 40 year old minimum wage job today.

Dont give me that crap...Back in 1976 a burger, fry and sm drink at McD's was 95 cents, in know I worked there. Today, minimum wage is 10 bucks an hour, burger fry and drink 3.50. Minimum wage is much higher than inflation thanks to demoncrats, so more people stay on it, instead of finding a better job. Yeah, by the way, I was right out of highschool and new that burger flipping was a no where job. Losers are 30 year pros at McD's burger flipping, unless they finally got educated and became a store manger, who makes 50 to 75 thousand....

You deal in stereotypes. The world isnt like that.Those of us who can show empathy understand that.

Bwaaahhhaaaaaaa..says the guy who loves rag head, camel jockeys who would just as well cut your head off and rub their faces with your blood, then turn right around and strut like a peacock with gays getting married in the Emerald Isle. Something just doesnt work with your insane empathy...

Forum List

Back