A Thomson Reuters data scientist questioned the Black Lives Matter narrative—so the company fired him.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Great article how radicalized the MSM is. In manner whatsoever do they report news they 100% leftist propaganda.
By June 2021, Kriegman would be locked out of Reuters’s servers, denounced by his colleagues, and fired by email. Kriegman had committed an unpardonable offense: he directly criticized the Black Lives Matter movement in the company’s internal communications forum, debunked Reuters’s own biased reporting, and violated a corporate taboo. Driven by what he called a “moral obligation” to speak out, Kriegman refused to celebrate unquestioningly the BLM narrative and his company’s “diversity and inclusion” programming; to the contrary, he argued that Reuters was exhibiting significant left-wing bias in the newsroom and that the ongoing BLM protests, riots, and calls to “defund the police” would wreak havoc on minority communities. Week after week, Kriegman felt increasingly disillusioned by the Thomson Reuters line. Finally, on the first Tuesday in May 2021, he posted a long, data-intensive critique of BLM’s and his company’s hypocrisy. He was sent to Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion for the chance to reform his thoughts.

Like many corporations in the United States in 2020, Reuters went through a quiet revolution in human resources and “diversity and inclusion.” The company launched a series of lectures and training programs, ranging from a study of Kimberlé Crenshaw’s intersectionality theory to an interactive panel called “Let’s Talk About Race” to a keynote presentation on “unlocking the power of diversity.” In honor of Floyd, the company asked employees to participate in a “21-Day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge,” which promoted race-based reparations payments, academic articles on critical race theory, and instructions on “how to be a better white person.”

Some of the materials were patronizing and outright racist. One resource told Reuters employees that their “black colleagues” are “confused and scared,” barely able to show up to work, and feel pressured to “take the personal trauma we all know to be true and tuck it away to protect white people,” who cannot understand anything beyond their own whiteness. The proper etiquette, according to a subsequent lesson, is for white employees to let themselves get “called out” by their minority colleagues and then respond with automatic contrition: “I believe you”; “I recognize that I have work to do”; “I apologize, I’m going to do better.” The ultimate solution is for whites to admit complicity in systemic racism and repent for their collective guilt. “White people built this system. White people control this system,” reads a module from self-described “wypipologist” Michael Harriot. “It is white people who have tacitly agreed to perpetuate white supremacy throughout America’s history. It is you who must confront your racist friends, coworkers, and relatives. You have to cure your country of this disease. The sickness is not ours.”

Great article how radicalized the MSM is. In manner whatsoever do they report news they 100% leftist propaganda.
By June 2021, Kriegman would be locked out of Reuters’s servers, denounced by his colleagues, and fired by email. Kriegman had committed an unpardonable offense: he directly criticized the Black Lives Matter movement in the company’s internal communications forum, debunked Reuters’s own biased reporting, and violated a corporate taboo. Driven by what he called a “moral obligation” to speak out, Kriegman refused to celebrate unquestioningly the BLM narrative and his company’s “diversity and inclusion” programming; to the contrary, he argued that Reuters was exhibiting significant left-wing bias in the newsroom and that the ongoing BLM protests, riots, and calls to “defund the police” would wreak havoc on minority communities. Week after week, Kriegman felt increasingly disillusioned by the Thomson Reuters line. Finally, on the first Tuesday in May 2021, he posted a long, data-intensive critique of BLM’s and his company’s hypocrisy. He was sent to Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion for the chance to reform his thoughts.

Like many corporations in the United States in 2020, Reuters went through a quiet revolution in human resources and “diversity and inclusion.” The company launched a series of lectures and training programs, ranging from a study of Kimberlé Crenshaw’s intersectionality theory to an interactive panel called “Let’s Talk About Race” to a keynote presentation on “unlocking the power of diversity.” In honor of Floyd, the company asked employees to participate in a “21-Day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge,” which promoted race-based reparations payments, academic articles on critical race theory, and instructions on “how to be a better white person.”

Some of the materials were patronizing and outright racist. One resource told Reuters employees that their “black colleagues” are “confused and scared,” barely able to show up to work, and feel pressured to “take the personal trauma we all know to be true and tuck it away to protect white people,” who cannot understand anything beyond their own whiteness. The proper etiquette, according to a subsequent lesson, is for white employees to let themselves get “called out” by their minority colleagues and then respond with automatic contrition: “I believe you”; “I recognize that I have work to do”; “I apologize, I’m going to do better.” The ultimate solution is for whites to admit complicity in systemic racism and repent for their collective guilt. “White people built this system. White people control this system,” reads a module from self-described “wypipologist” Michael Harriot. “It is white people who have tacitly agreed to perpetuate white supremacy throughout America’s history. It is you who must confront your racist friends, coworkers, and relatives. You have to cure your country of this disease. The sickness is not ours.”
Time for corporate media to end is long past.

White people collectively shouldn't feel like they are responsible for any type of injustice due to some some white supremacist system that was set up 200 yrs ago..... or even 20 or 30 years ago.....since a lot of those systemic issues are still occurring today....

However, black people are collectively responsible for crimes and anything else negative a particular black person does...and until they fix it; they shouldn't complain about the system.....only good people have that privilege

White people collectively shouldn't feel like they are responsible for any type of injustice due to some some white supremacist system that was set up 200 yrs ago..... or even 20 or 30 years ago.....since a lot of those systemic issues are still occurring today....

However, black people are collectively responsible for crimes and anything else negative a particular black person does...and until they fix it; they shouldn't complain about the system.....only good people have that privilege
Black lives matter. Get busy fixing them.

Great article. I admire Kriegman for his stance, logic, courage of conviction and agree with him. I wish him all the best.

The amount of oppression through censorship and firings is now up to Nazi level. Here in America. We're allowing it.

"Addressing" issues? Addressing does little when there is no will to fix issues. Walk the talk.
So when you folks whine about the system being rigged and blah blah -- despite being in power for decades upon decades -- does that mean you were just bullshitting the whole time or you just didn't have the "will" to fix them??

So when you folks whine about the system being rigged and blah blah -- despite being in power for decades upon decades -- does that mean you were just bullshitting the whole time or you just didn't have the "will" to fix them??
You pretend to understand the first thing about our will. You're funny.

I, as a white person, feel NO responsibility for any injustice that I did not do myself.

I am not a "system", I am a person. Anyone that is unable to grasp that, is trying to justify their attack(s) on me.

I, as a white person, feel NO responsibility for any injustice that I did not do myself.

I am not a "system", I am a person. Anyone that is unable to grasp that, is trying to justify their attack(s) on me.
You know what else is not a system anymore??

The Confederacy.....

But some folks seem unable to grasp that too....

And just as someone shouldn't feel any responsibility for any injustice they did not do themselves -- it is definitely odd how we sure have no problem feeling some type of prideful responsibility for positive things that we EQUALLY played no personal role in.....

The Confederacy.....

And just as someone shouldn't feel any responsibility for any injustice they did not do themselves -- it is definitely odd how we sure have no problem feeling some type of prideful responsibility for positive things that we EQUALLY played no personal role in.....
I may be mistaken but I'll presume you're not 20 years old.
Did you study through your school years?
Were you accepted to a college?
What degree did you go for?
Other questions to follow.

PBS is any better?
Well, I consider PBS to be corporate media as well, so................

Just a sampling

The Confederacy.....

Big difference between feeling some pride that the nation I am a part of, say, put a man on the moon,

then holding someone responsible for an injustice done 140 years ago, and using that past injustice as an excuse to say, deprive this man of a job or a promotion.

I am proud of America's past achievements, even though I have very little to do with it. I am still part of it and I do what I can to preserve or continue that which made America...that Shining City on a Hill.

I do NOT hold look to punish or discriminate or hate people today, based on something that other people did, long before they were born.

Big difference between feeling some pride that the nation I am a part of, say, put a man on the moon,

then holding someone responsible for an injustice done 140 years ago, and using that past injustice as an excuse to say, deprive this man of a job or a promotion.

I am proud of America's past achievements, even though I have very little to do with it. I am still part of it and I do what I can to preserve or continue that which made America...that Shining City on a Hill.

I do NOT hold look to punish or discriminate or hate people today, based on something that other people did, long before they were born.
My ancestors did not even live in this country until the 1890's.

I have a friend whose ancestors ran a station on the Underground Railroad. I wonder what the ancestors of the people they helped to get to Canada would think if my friend knocked on their doors and demanded to be repaid for the services his ancestors provided.

Actually, a lot of what animates the Conservative party is seeking to punish or get revenge against people they hate..today.....

Which is why 99% of what they advocate for is just that.....along with manufacturing fake outrage and grievance porn....

And I am able to have pride in what Americans before were able to overcome --- so much pride in fact, that I can talk about it -- the good bad and the ugly -- instead of feeling a need to hide it or revise history, ala Lost Cause strategy style...

Forum List

Back