A Study of Teen Female Sexualization on Primetime TV

And A human being with human emotions and does not exsist for your pleasure.

When men are together and see a pretty woman they act like fucking assholes.

What you guys dont realize is we know WTF you are doing.

I once had a guy friend who saw me on the street walking to class, he then thought it would be funny to cat call me. To his complete surprize I acted as if I heard nothing and kept on walking as if there was only silence. What he found out that day is women PRETEND not to hear this shit even when we can tell full well whats going on.

When you oggle a girl and talk to your friends you really think we are oblivious.

We are not because men present a huge personal danger to women and we are far more aware of what is going on arround us then it appears.

You are not getting away with it you are being ignored and observed.

Its what we have to do to protect ourselves from the assholes who would harm us if they got the chance.

I got it!! You're one of those angry cock teasers.
You're one these bitches that gets looked at , you fly off the handle and get in the looker's face. You act all tough like you want to throw knuckles with any guy that dares look in your direction. You spend your days looking for things to bother yourself with.
Let me tell you something, no one would bother objectifying you because you probably THINK you are more attractive than you actually are and once people get to know you, they realize you are a rotten apple on the inside.

note how I tell him how I react and then he claims I react differently then I claim?

This is how the right treatss me on this site because they hate the facts I bring them.

They allow me no graces and insult me for anything I saay.

not-sure-if-troll-or-just-needs-a-hug-.jpg

According to a new study conducted by the Parents Television Council (PTC), Hollywood is shockingly obsessed with sexualizing teen girls, to the point where underage female characters are shown participating in an even higher percentage of sexual situations than their adult counterparts: 47 percent to 29 percent respectively.

PTC’s report, entitled “New Target: A Study of Teen Female Sexualization on Primetime TV” is based on a content analysis drawn from the 25 most popular shows in the 12-17 demographic throughout the 2009-2010 television season.

“The results from this report show Tinseltown’s eagerness to not only objectify and fetishize young girls, but to sexualize them in such a way that real teens are led to believe their sole value comes from their sexuality," said PTC President Tim Winter. "This report is less about the shocking numbers that detail the sickness of early sexualization in our entertainment culture and more about the generation of young girls who are being told how society expects them to behave."

Read more: Prime Time TV 'Objectifies and Fetishizes' Underage Girls, Study Says - FoxNews.com

Is this true? And if so, what can be done?

easy. Do not watch that trash on the tube.

Here is what you're missing.

Yes I am a trash talking chick on the internet.

1. I never talk like that in public while doing business.

2. I know where it is appropriate.

I was hoping some of the males here would do the same.

On this site people talk trash all day long NO?

I am not the only one.

With my personal friends we talk like that for fucking fun.

Do you understand the differance between business and casual interaction?

The same what, exactly? Just doing #1 & #2 would make us all a bunch of girls!

Boys like girls and that's not going to change anytime soon. You don't like unwelcome advances and I get that - but I'm old and careful. When I was young and stupid I made some advances that were unwelcome and I'll fess up to making some girls cry along the way, mostly in elementary school. When a boy learns how to tell which girls he can and which girls he can't, fuck with, he should write a book because it's still beyond men..... like I said, we're pretty stupid with pretty much everything except the plumbing.

We are passionate about servicing the plumbing. :salute:

It's hard enough for a nice guy to get laid..... do you really think the wolf whistlers EVER get a true date with that shtick? Trust me. The boys will change or the men will masturbate.

If you don't want you're plumbing serviced, that's your right and I for one will defend a woman's right to self service her plumbing as long as there's ink in my typewriter ribbon. Some girls, on the other hand, like to get their plumbing serviced and we're all looking for her - you can't blame a guy for asking. That's a major difference*... girls sometimes want a hand with the plumbing and boys will ALWAYS prefer a hand that isn't theirs if a blow-job is out of the question.

Grown up men who prefer grown up women prefer a relationship with one woman that they don't have to chase because she likes getting caught occasionally.

It'll be different after high school.

* Only a fool believes men and women aren't just a little bit different. Hooray for that little difference! :eusa_dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsLW8EK5_8]Johnny Horton - Hooray For That Little Difference - YouTube[/ame]

I LOVE men, men are my family and my best friends.

I love them and believe they are intelligent and capable people.

I think they are very capable of learning , hense my responses on this thread.

In my experience the harrassment I have recieved in my lifetime was NOT intended to make me feel pretty.

They were aimed at making me feel vulnerable in public.

Its completely different to flirt with a woman then it is to scream from a car "god damned look at the titties on that one'.

Some how to the people here who hate my politics think I am insane for not liking that treatment and chasing after the car asking for more of it from the screamers?

They would not ask that of any woman they care about like say a Mom or Grandma or daughter but they always require completely insane shit from me due to my politics.

this post got through to at least one person

You're probably right. I read a great book a few years ago called "Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls" which advised parents and teachers to remind teen girls essentially that "beauty fades and dumb is forever" (read that too - lol). It's up to responsible adults to provide a counter offensive to the media messages. It's sad how our values have gotten so effed up. Girls have it tough these days.

I recommend that book highly to anyone raising daughters.

Hollywood has been sexualizing children since it came into being. The so-called "sexual revolution" that popularized the myth that people, particularly women and children, can't and shouldn't try to control their sexual urges and spit upon traditional values, put in place to PROTECT women and children from the consequences of sex outside of marriage, made it acceptable to view children as sexual objects.

According to a new study conducted by the Parents Television Council (PTC), Hollywood is shockingly obsessed with sexualizing teen girls, to the point where underage female characters are shown participating in an even higher percentage of sexual situations than their adult counterparts: 47 percent to 29 percent respectively.

PTC’s report, entitled “New Target: A Study of Teen Female Sexualization on Primetime TV” is based on a content analysis drawn from the 25 most popular shows in the 12-17 demographic throughout the 2009-2010 television season.

“The results from this report show Tinseltown’s eagerness to not only objectify and fetishize young girls, but to sexualize them in such a way that real teens are led to believe their sole value comes from their sexuality," said PTC President Tim Winter. "This report is less about the shocking numbers that detail the sickness of early sexualization in our entertainment culture and more about the generation of young girls who are being told how society expects them to behave."

Read more: Prime Time TV 'Objectifies and Fetishizes' Underage Girls, Study Says - FoxNews.com

Is this true? And if so, what can be done?

First, let's just get Real: Men are sexually attracted to young women.

This was true a long time before anyone made a movie in Hollywood.

PTC President Tim Winter needs to Grow-The-Fuck-Up.

Sure. And if we're going to admit that they're sexual creatures, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go ahead and let them marry at the same time they become sexual?

But if they aren't going to be allowed to marry, and we're going to make it illegal for them to have sex, we'd better stop marketing them as sex objects, don't you think?

Sure. And if we're going to admit that they're sexual creatures, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go ahead and let them marry at the same time they become sexual?

But if they aren't going to be allowed to marry, and we're going to make it illegal for them to have sex, we'd better stop marketing them as sex objects, don't you think?

Does Marriage have anything to do with Sex?

:eusa_hand:

Hi, I'm from Earth: Where are you from?

Funny but Meryl Streep answered this question on 60 Minutes last evening - inadvertently that is. She was talking about the old movies and today, and noted TV / Movies are made to appeal to the spenders. The spenders are the kids - you can define that category. They are the ones who spend money and are still influenced by Madison Avenue. Corporations manage the ideas that manage the minds of so many, and the ideas presented appeal to the fantasies of the producers and to the audiences.

"Every tenth man would give up sex if he never had to go to work again.Almost half of British men would give up sex for half a year in exchange for a 50-inch TV." anon

"A new barbarism, illiteracy and impoverishment of language, new kinds of poverty, merciless remodeling of opinion by media, immiseration of the mind, obsolescence of the soul. Massified, standardizing modes, in every area of life, relentlessly re-enact the actual control program of modernity. Capitalism did not create our world; the machine did." Jean-François Lyotard

to qutye a certain comedian.

to the ad people "quit putting a godamn dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet".

Last edited:
Bill Hicks - Wikiquote

By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Thank you, thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they'll take root. I don't know. You try. You do what you can. Kill yourselves. Seriously though, if you are, do. No really, there's no rationalisation for what you do, and you are Satan's little helpers, OK? Kill yourselves, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good. Seriously, no, this is not a joke. "There's gonna be a joke coming..." There's no fucking joke coming, you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage, you are fucked and you are fucking us, kill yourselves, it's the only way to save your fucking soul. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show.
"You know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar, that's a big dollar, a lot of people are feeling that indignation, we've done research, huge market. He's doing a good thing." Godammit, I'm not doing that, you scumbags, quit putting a godamn dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet!

Last edited:
Well folks, it is out of our hands. The new media of easy communications has changed the sexual mores of this and almost every other nation in a generation. The present generation will find their own way, as we of the 50s and 60s did. And us old fuddies will moan and piss over what libertines they are, are conviently forget our own teen years.

Well, some of us, anyway. Fond memories of some parts of those years.

This is all part of a massive change to sexual and gender-relations morality that's going on, and that we're still trying to figure out exactly what we're going to do with. The points of change from traditional sexual morality revolve, like an ellipse, around two points, which are:

1) gender equality in terms of power and responsibility; and
2) the separation of sex from procreation.

Everything follows from these two changes. Women are no longer dependent on men for financial support, nor inferior to men in terms of power and influence (at least potentially). And we say that's the way it SHOULD be -- most of us do at least. And sex no longer necessarily (or even usually) leads to pregnancy and children, nor is sex always necessary for pregnancy and children (although it remains the usual method).

Teen sexuality is a biological reality that's been with us forever. In ancient times, the solution to it was to marry off kids (or at least girls) at a young age. That way the girl and her children are provided for, and she has an older (usually) man to keep her in line. Boys were less problematic; it was assumed they'd sow wild oats, but because of the marry-her-early system the opportunities for this were mostly with older women, and then if children resulted it wasn't the boy's problem, but the woman's (and she would make a quick memory search among her relatives to find one that had, um, that particular color of hair . . .).

The problem is different today, because marry-her-young is no longer an option. A woman is expected to be able to provide for herself, not to be dependent on a man. Also, with today's birth control and legal abortion, a girl doesn't have to have children until she's ready to do so, but can still have sex. (I know traditionalists don't like that fact, but it is a fact whether you like it or not.) Some of the problems are no longer there; others still are.

I'm going to suggest some common-sense solutions to all of this. Some of these ideas will offend some people; I can't help that. I still think it makes sense.

1) Lower the age of consent to 15 in all states where it is now higher than that, for both males and females.
2) Create a status under the law for those 15-17 in which it is no longer a criminal offense for someone, including an adult, to have sex with such a person, but special provisions in civil law make deceiving someone into sex an actionable offense. The mere fact that sex occurred would no longer be an offense, but if an adult was found to have deceived a minor age 15-17 with a promise of marriage (for example), then he or she could be sued by the minor's parents or guardians.

Of course, neither criminal nor civil law would provide any penalties for teens having sex with each other. And OF COURSE, easy access to birth control technology for teenagers is a must given modern social realities.

Does Marriage have anything to do with Sex?

:eusa_hand:

Hi, I'm from Earth: Where are you from?

Sex has to do with children.
And the primary function of marriage is to provide a stable environment for children, and provide an institution that will provide safety and support for women, who are made vulnerable by their ability to get pregnant.

The problem today jb (from my perspective) is that girls are being sexualized younger, while at the same time, we've raised the age of adulthood to 27. They are more mature physically but far less mature emotionally than when we were kids. I guess the same could be said for boys too. Just my two cents.
That being the case, shows that clearly there's a problem. What do you propose be done about it?
It works fine.

If you want to be flattered by shit that is designed to demean you then that is your problem
She chooses to take it as a compliment from someone who's beneath her.

You choose to be a victim.
Hogwosh. Utter nonsense. That's like saying someone spewing the most vile and insulting things in public should be taken as a compliment.

Did you take "clinging to their guns and religion" as a compliment? Although that was most certainly not vile nor insulting. I'm sure you were amongst those that claimed that it was.

What disturbs me, and any normal man, is the "adultifying" of teens and preteens.
And I am not talking about TV...real life.

How many guys are with me here...how many times have you looked at a distance at a female in...that way...and as she comes closer you realize you were looking at girl maaaybe 16.
Where are this girls parents? Especially the father!

Here is an example of where the problem originates.

You personal reaction to a female on the street.

You looked at them like a piece of ass and felt a little guilty and blamed the girls dad for not following her arround.

Stop treating the women you see as a potential piece of ass no matter what their ages.

Want to know why TV does this , look in the mirror.

Believe me you, I have been treated like this my entire life.

To be female in this culture is to have your whole being judged on wether some fucknut things you are doable or not.

When we teach our girls to USE this power because there is no fighting it then you call then bitches.

This is why being a bitch is a new value to women.

If I be a bitch and piss you off you stop looking at me like you are about to rape me.

Men need to act like they can control their dicks and quit blaming it on what someone looks like.

then women should not dress to a attract the attention of men. It cuts both ways.
Females do not get to flaunt themselves and then get pissed off when guys look their way.
This notion some feminazis have that " I should be able to dress as I please and men should not look or stare. I am not a sex object"....
Well, tough shit. That attitude just violates the rules of human nature.
I wonder what women would think if guys decided to secretly start a protest and REFUSE to look for a period of one wek. A national DO NOT LOOK week. The women of this country would burn down whole cities if that happened.
Now I will admit some men are filthy trash pigs. However, I am offended to be lumped in with them by certain women in certain groups just because I happen to appreciate a shapely buttocks or a nice set of boobs.
It has nothing to do with thinking with the dick. It is about appreciating the hard work some women put into their appearance.
I see an "anti-man" agenda in your post.
Either you're extremely obtuse, or extremely dishonest. TruthMatters has stated time and time again that she has not, was not and do not dress in a manner that invites that type of behavior. I've been reading 10 pages thus far and she's stated that perhaps as many times thus far.

WTH is wrong with you?

I'm fucked up because I dont like to be screamed at in public about sex by strangers?

This is how you people see fair?
It seems many clearly have a SERIOUS problem with accepting and taking PERSONAL responsibility. In the 10 pages I've read thus far all I've seen from a certain segment is excuses, excuses and excuses. Not to mention ignoring the glaring problem.

WoW!!!

*SMH*

Last edited:
Thank you marcATL.

Its nice to see a classy man come forward and defend whats right

Forum List

Back