a story the media has ignored.....

sorry manie i was canning pear jam..

yes that is my point..the reverse manner in which we treat racial crimes and the label hate crime and how it is applied....why is this just a car jacking go awry? why is this not a hate crime?
is justice being served...will they be able to convict and use the death penalty...and would that be justice?

but you cannot deny that while the whole country was engaged in the duke rapist scandal ..they ignored this story and yes had the races been reversed it would have attracted national attention..sharpton and jackson would have made sure of that.

This is just another example of the problem I have with hate crimes that Jillian and I constantly go back and forth on. Prosecutors DO NOT have the balls to charge blacks with hate crimes. This is just a current example.

To say this was a car jacking gone wrong is to completely ignore the fact that the couple was kidnapped. That they were held for hours while both were incessantly raped and Christopher eventually killed. Then Kristen was held for an additional day and half and raped and sodomized until they finally killed her. In what way is that a "car-jacking gone wrong?" A car-jacking gone wrong would have been, the kids resisted and they were shot to death. That would have been bad, but understandable outcome of a robbery attempt. This was horrible and in no way understandable.

I agree,, this way exceeds a "car jacking gone wrong" this involves kidnapping rape, torture and abuse of a corpse. at any point they could have turned around and let the kids live but they chose not to. so these pigs deserve the death penalty. it's what the death penalty was designed for.

Nobody is misconstruing what a hate crime is except you putting words in peoples mouths.
Ok Einstein, so why were there posts about hate-crimes in this thread when it clearly doesn't apply here?

Hate crimes are a tool to silence a portion of society. If it is a crime, then it is a crime. You cannot use "hate" as a reason for a crime. Many people 'hate' other persons, people; they do not commit crimes against them for that sole reason.
Individual freedoms are being lost due to legislation in the name of 'hate'. If a _____(fill in any of the acceptable groups) person hits a ______ (fill in the unacceptable groups, like white, Christian, etc), it is a misdemeanor, if that person hits them BACK, it is a felony.
If you are on a jury and this comes before you, your jury can declare this an unjust law. At that point, the judge must strike it from the books.
That being said, if you murder another person (or more), because their life was so valuable, you should have your life taken as the ultimate punishment for committing such a terrible crime. These men (all of them) should receive the death penalty.
It would be a great example for the upcoming 'death panels'.

i think the media should not broadcast all news nationwide look at all the sickos that follow suite

New Topics

Forum List

Back