a story the media has ignored.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
this is a story of violence and hate....of two young people who died before their time...died violent deaths at the hands of thugs....while the us focused on the stripper crying rape in durham nc...this was going on...not a word was said...2 white people killed...mutilated and raped by blacks...but it never hit the main stream media...why?

justice will never be done in the newsome/christian case...but at the slow wheels of justice have began:

------------------

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - One of four people facing a possible death sentence in the carjacking, rape and murder of a young Tennessee couple was a "coward" who should have stopped the killings, his attorney said as his trial began Monday.

The attorney said, however, that Letalvis "Rome" Cobbins wasn't a killer. Cobbins, 26, of Lebanon, Ky., pleaded guilty to five counts of facilitating a robbery or theft and one count of rape as prosecutors formally read the 38 counts against him in the January 2007 abduction and torture deaths of Channon Christian, 21, and her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom, 23.

Cobbins pleaded not guilty to the other counts, including first-degree murder in the racially charged case. Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty if he is convicted

Agitators cry reverse discrimination
The victims were white and middle class, and the defendants are poor and black. Some conservative Internet commentators and white supremacist agitators accused the national media of reverse discrimination by failing to give the case the same attention paid to white-on-black hate crimes.

Fitzgerald said investigators found DNA from both Cobbins and Davidson on Christian's clothes and on her body. Newsom also was raped before he was shot three times and his body set on fire and dumped along nearby railroad tracks. Police found his body first, then Christian's in a garbage can in Davidson's house.

Newsom was a trim carpenter for a construction company. Christian was a senior at the University of Tennessee. They still lived at home and had been dating for two to three months.

Ultimately, the object was "the pleasure they got from that girl," Fitzgerald said. "(And) you can't enjoy the girl until you get rid of the guy."

Tenn. rape-murder trial starts - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

glaring innit? just like the killing of the abortion doc was headline news for weeks, but barely a word was said about the newly converted to islam black who cold bloodedly shot two soldiers. glaring. see bones?? the stratagey nowadays is to focus the spotlights on old white people,, on the "mob" and the other guys who do heinous stuff like this,, well, let's just look the other way why don't we, just like obama's dept of justice looked the other way with the black panthers and their voter intimidation,, but the whole wide world is watching.

manie it was ignored when it happened...bloggers kept the story alive...that is why the mainstream is beginning to pay it mind...tell me manie...before this post...did you hear of them?

manie it was ignored when it happened...bloggers kept the story alive...that is why the mainstream is beginning to pay it mind...tell me manie...before this post...did you hear of them?

Yes I did. The other two times you posted it. :cool:

From what I've read, the guilty parties are being brought to justice. So tell me bones, why do you need for this story to be sensationalized? Do you think a media circus is a requirement for justice to be served?

Thing is stories like this happen all the time both ways and every which way. It takes people to bring attention to the issue. Then maybe after that the story will get some attention its not really one sided when it comes to issues like this one.

Thing is stories like this happen all the time both ways and every which way. It takes people to bring attention to the issue. Then maybe after that the story will get some attention its not really one sided when it comes to issues like this one.

What issue?

What issue?

Any issue that people feel is being ignored that shouldnt be.

So (in the context of the OP) what issue is being ignored that shouldn't be?

and bones: feel free to chime in on this one if you have an answer. :eusa_whistle:

What issue?

and bones: feel free to chime in on this one if you have an answer. :eusa_whistle:

What's being ignored by the media is the fact that this was a black on white hate crime. The only reason these young people were tortured and abused was because of their white skin. In my opinon though, the other reason this story has been somewhat ignored is just because of the horror factor. Just what details have been made known about what happened to those kids literally sickens me. It's one of those things that people don't even want to think about, much less see splashed across the headlines.

What issue?

Apparently the story itself was ignored as a candidate for coverage (broadcasting/printing-distribution of information) by the MSM. I believe the intent of the OP is to cause one to wonder why such a story was not plastered in the headlines for months as a similar white-on-black crime likely would have been. That is alluded to in the article but it somewhat dismissed by the opinions of the prosecutor and police officials that this was not a hate crime but a simple carjacking.

"Some conservative Internet commentators and white supremacist agitators accused the national media of reverse discrimination by failing to give the case the same attention paid to white-on-black hate crimes.

But prosecutors and law enforcement officials say the murders were the result of a simple carjacking of Christian's 2005 Toyota SUV that went terribly awry."

You see? It wasn't a hate crime. Therefore the MSM had no reason to carry the story.

However, I suspect that had the victims been a young, middle class black couple and the killers been four poor white boys, the story would have made the front page and received extensive coverage on all of the MSM TV outlets whether it was characterized by the prosecution as a hate crime or a simple carjacking.

That, I believe, is strollingbones' point.

...and I agree. The MSM is collectively racist.

What's being ignored by the media is the fact that this was a black on white hate crime. The only reason these young people were tortured and abused was because of their white skin.

How do you know this? And why should it matter? The guilty parties are being brought to justice and may face the death penalty. Do you think perhaps they should have their eyes gouged out too, or something similarly torturous?

In my opinon though, the other reason this story has been somewhat ignored is just because of the horror factor. Just what details have been made known about what happened to those kids literally sickens me. It's one of those things that people don't even want to think about, much less see splashed across the headlines.

Many of the alleged horrific details have been debunked.

sorry manie i was canning pear jam..

yes that is my point..the reverse manner in which we treat racial crimes and the label hate crime and how it is applied....why is this just a car jacking go awry? why is this not a hate crime?
is justice being served...will they be able to convict and use the death penalty...and would that be justice?

but you cannot deny that while the whole country was engaged in the duke rapist scandal ..they ignored this story and yes had the races been reversed it would have attracted national attention..sharpton and jackson would have made sure of that.

has not been debunked..the horrors were not as bad...(o wait..is there any less when its murder) as first reported but were bad enough.

Apparently the story itself was ignored as a candidate for coverage (broadcasting/printing-distribution of information) by the MSM. I believe the intent of the OP is to cause one to wonder why such a story was not plastered in the headlines for months as a similar white-on-black crime likely would have been.

I guess that's one hypothesis. Just not one I happen to share.

sorry manie i was canning pear jam..

yes that is my point..the reverse manner in which we treat racial crimes and the label hate crime and how it is applied....why is this just a car jacking go awry? why is this not a hate crime?
is justice being served...will they be able to convict and use the death penalty...and would that be justice?

but you cannot deny that while the whole country was engaged in the duke rapist scandal ..they ignored this story and yes had the races been reversed it would have attracted national attention..sharpton and jackson would have made sure of that.

Comparing this to the Duke case is to compare apples and oranges.

The Duke case was priveleged rich kids allegedly raping a poor stripper. Yes, the fact that she was black was the basis for extra-sensationalizing. But if it were just poor white trash townies accused of the rape, we wouldn't have heard boo about it. And likewise, if the criminals in this case were privileged and wealthy and their victims poor, it would be getting a lot more attention IMO.

Yes I did. The other two times you posted it. :cool:

From what I've read, the guilty parties are being brought to justice. So tell me bones, why do you need for this story to be sensationalized? Do you think a media circus is a requirement for justice to be served?

Hope that is the case! 4 whites, 1 Asian and 7 blacks! I hope it doesn't become sticking with their own mentality!

I bet if Dj Defkawn was on the jury there would definitely be a hung jury!

New Topics

Forum List

Back