A step closer to normalizing pedeophelia

Oh libbies?? If not pedos, what will you advocate for after trannies? You need some group constantly. What will it be?

It's possible pedophilia could be considered a "sexual orientation" based on science (which attaches no moral values to findings) - but it will never be normalized because the other half of the "orientation" is a child.

Children can not give consent and it's clearly documented that children suffer extreme damage from such "relationships".

That is not the case in homosexual relationships, where both partners are consenting adults.

Your "step closer to normalizing" pedophilia is in reality a stumble.

But but they are stigmatized. Read the article. Not all of them rape children. They just don't want to be shamed and thought of negatively

Children can not give consent and it's clearly documented that children suffer extreme damage from such "relationships".

Yet that fact doesn't stop the islams at all. In fact, it's an acceptable practice for them under sharia law.

And the above fact doesn't stop libs from supporting islams and their "right" to practice their religion freely.

Why is that I wonder?

Yet that fact doesn't stop the islams at all. In fact, it's an acceptable practice for them under sharia law.

And the above fact doesn't stop libs from supporting islams and their "right" to practice their religion freely.

Why is that I wonder?

:cuckoo:

Do you always pull Islam into discussions that have nothing to do with Islam or is it some form of cognitive dissassociation?

It's possible pedophilia could be considered a "sexual orientation" based on science (which attaches no moral values to findings) - but it will never be normalized because the other half of the "orientation" is a child.

That is not the case in homosexual relationships, where both partners are consenting adults.

Your arguments, that seem to make sense, can be argued against. Children cannot give consent simply because of an arbitrary law fixing the age at which consent can be given. Change the law, change the age and five year olds can give consent.

Next is an argument that liberals have been making to eliminate the differences between boys and girls. It's nature v. nurture. If a child had parental sexual stimulation from birth, they would not find anything at all wrong with sex with an adult. It would be normal. It would be pleasurable. Pedophiles will tell you that it is nothing they are doing to children that causes emotional trauma. It's an outdated and archaic practice of making children believe that sex with adults is bad or to be avoided. That's what causes the emotional damage.

Most of the arguments to legalize and normalize pedophilia have already been made, they just need to be promoted.

I would rarely ever say something like this to anyone but this guy had the right idea:

“I am in my late 20s and have been dealing with unwanted attraction to young boys since I was a teenager,” writes one member. “Though I have never acted on these attractions with anyone, this is my primary sexual attraction, and it bothers me greatly. I have considered suicide many times

Also, as far as this so called research goes, I call bull shit. They have found certain characteristics in many pedophiles, but no where has this been proven to cause the condition. What nonsense it is.

You....Steve....yo there Steve....you kind of have an interesting OP article.

It states:

Now, many experts see it as a biologically rooted condition that does not change — like a sexual orientation — thanks largely to a decade of research by Dr. James Cantor at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.

Cantor’s team has found that pedophiles share a number of physical characteristics, including differences in brain wiring. It’s now thought that about 1 to 5 per cent of men are pedophiles, meaning they are primarily attracted to children.

These findings have been widely accepted among scientists, but have had little impact on social attitudes or law. However, we are left with the alarming question: if some men are born pedophiles, what should society do with them?

What do you do with them?

Your arguments, that seem to make sense, can be argued against. Children cannot give consent simply because of an arbitrary law fixing the age at which consent can be given. Change the law, change the age and five year olds can give consent.

Except that our society - including liberals, do not and are unlikely to support that. I think there is more to consider here as well. In times past - children were not considered in need of protection and "childhood" did not really exist as seperate from adulthood - as soon as children could they were put to work. Age of consent was highly variable and included what we consider children. Children were not much more than property in regards to any rights. That was then.

Take it to today. We have a much broader understanding of human devleopment, brain development, psychology, etc. and there is a considerable body of evidence supporting the damage that pedophilia does to children. Do you really think that policy makers and the public will overturn all that to benefit a tiny group of people? I seriously doubt that.

Next is an argument that liberals have been making to eliminate the differences between boys and girls. It's nature v. nurture. If a child had parental sexual stimulation from birth, they would not find anything at all wrong with sex with an adult.

I am a liberal and I have never ever heard that.

It would be normal. It would be pleasurable. Pedophiles will tell you that it is nothing they are doing to children that causes emotional trauma. It's an outdated and archaic practice of making children believe that sex with adults is bad or to be avoided. That's what causes the emotional damage.

Most of the arguments to legalize and normalize pedophilia have already been made, they just need to be promoted.

It's not just emotional damage but physical damage. I can see the argument you are making - but I can't see enough support ever for it because children legally are in a different class than adults.

The tricky thing is that the OP, which is quite interesting, isn't "normalizing" pedophilia at all. In fact, it doesn't call it a "sexual orientation" - it says it's biologically hardwired LIKE a sexual orientation and it points out a number of physical characteristics they seem to share in common as well.

What it is saying is that these people can't help what they ARE - though they can refrain from acting on it. That's not normalizing - it's applying a biological basis for what they are.

Forum List

Back