A smarter Trumpless immigration reform is needed

I agree with the comments of Marcella Wolfe who wrote a letter to the Salt Lake Tribune that a smarter immigration reform program that excludes Trumpian excess should be enacted by Congress.

"I applaud The Salt Lake Tribune for the "Out of Africa into the heart of Mormondom" article. As a newcomer to the Salt Lake area, a member of the Catholic community and a provider within the area of behavioral health services, I cannot understand how anyone from either the LDS or Catholic communities within Utah are able to support the Trump policies on immigration and exclusion of others who have a different belief and/or cultural system.

Both the LDS and Catholic communities see the value of opening up our world to those who are experiencing persecution and war and those who yearn for peace for themselves and their children. Let's confront the Trump ideology by taking sides and supporting a revised but fair immigration policy which is not a part of the Trump platform." Letter: Mormons and Catholics alike believe in helping immigrants
The far right in the Senate seems to be the impediment to any progress on immigration reform.

Obviously they don't want any reform.

So that means nothing changes.

Are existing law somehow moot simply because it's being ignored?
Your comment is moot except as a hypothetical.

Not at all. We are in this situation because laws are being ignored.
Sure.

I agree with the comments of Marcella Wolfe who wrote a letter to the Salt Lake Tribune that a smarter immigration reform program that excludes Trumpian excess should be enacted by Congress.

"I applaud The Salt Lake Tribune for the "Out of Africa into the heart of Mormondom" article. As a newcomer to the Salt Lake area, a member of the Catholic community and a provider within the area of behavioral health services, I cannot understand how anyone from either the LDS or Catholic communities within Utah are able to support the Trump policies on immigration and exclusion of others who have a different belief and/or cultural system.

Both the LDS and Catholic communities see the value of opening up our world to those who are experiencing persecution and war and those who yearn for peace for themselves and their children. Let's confront the Trump ideology by taking sides and supporting a revised but fair immigration policy which is not a part of the Trump platform." Letter: Mormons and Catholics alike believe in helping immigrants
The far right in the Senate seems to be the impediment to any progress on immigration reform.

The immigration don't get ignored?
Good gawd you are stupid. No wonder you support failure.

I've asked this question before as it relates to illegal immigration, and the left always deflects away from it.

If a stranger broke into your home, would you have this person removed? Or would you feed the criminal, put this individual on your health care policy, pay to educate their children and feel obligated to make him part of the family?

To go further, should the government treat this crime differently just because he brought a large number of people into your home?

Astonishing how difficult is for the left.

The castle doctrine is a fallacy of false equivalency between one's home and a nation's home land.

How silly.

The castle doctrine is a fallacy of false equivalency between one's home and a nation's home land.

How silly.

How so. The concept that one has the right to secure and defend ones home is simply common sense. If we live in a country in common with other citizens, we should treat the country as we treat our homes.

Then again, that just makes sense, something the left has little of.

I don't? You are supporting something that has HISTORICALLY incited more illegals. It is a FACT. Yours is not a solution. Mine is taking away incentive. If they didn't have incentive, why would they come?

I know you don't because you are coward and just ignorant.........
You are confused. Where in my post that I support illegals coming here?
I'm talking about illegals that are already here. What you going to do with 20+ or so millions American babies that are here? And their illegal parents?
Americans are not illegals.
You obviously DO support illegals coming here considering you support policies that incite them. FACT

So you admits anchor babies are not illegals.... So what are you going to do with their parents that are illegals? You are very WRONG..... I do not support illegals coming here. We already have millions of them here. Illegal immigration problem is not as simple as cutting the freebies. Is far too complex than YOU can imagine.
No it isn't. If you support something that incites something, you might as well be supporting it.

For you it isn't because you don't have a clue. I asked you a very simple questions and you cannot even answer it. So far all you offered was cutting the incentives. Illegals are fully imbedded in our society and economy.
Illegals make up like 5% of our work force. We have MILLIONS of able bodied americans without work.
The parents? Send their asses back. If they don't take their kids, so be it. All that money we would save could ensure their survival. After all, they are americans.
Yes, they are embedded, but they shouldn't be.
Look dude, your policy is failure. Its a FACT. There is no scooting around it, just the way it is. They are embedded, but they shouldn't be. You cant just give in to people that don't support laws. That is cowardice. That is anarchy.[/QUOTE]

1. Yes we have millions of Americans that are not working. But are they really willing to take on these jobs from illegals? Are they willing to work in agricultural, poultry or meat? Do you expect those laid off white collar workers will take on those dirty hard jobs? Are they willing to give up their welfare check and start working? I doubt.
2. They are fully imbedded in our society and economy...... And that's the reality.
3.0 Deport the parents .... Okay.
3.1 So what happened to the 20+ millions American kids that are in school? From elementary, high school to colleges. Who is going to feed, cloth and shelter them? You and I tax payers will carry the cost. Correct?
Don't worry about the pain and suffering separating these families.
3.2. What happened to their properties, and loans?
3.3 Who do you expect to take over those jobs? See 1.0.
3.4. How are you going to deport 12 to ? millions of illegals? Round them up, raid their house, raid churches or just grab them at streets?
4. Most of these illegals are law abiding hard working people. They came here for better life.
5. This is not about cowardice. It's about common sense that majority of Americans support.

This is serious. You cannot make a decision based on just saying...... So be it.[/QUOTE]
One last time dumbfuck. Common sense is not failure. Common sense won't tell you keep trying the same thing over and over and expect it to work this time. Einstein called that insanity.
This is like talking to a regarded 3 year old. I'm done[/QUOTE]

Poor boy. Did I just your hurt feeling? Just like what I've been telling you......... nothing but hatred, ignorant and no sense of reality or common sense. Boy you cannot eeeeeven answer any of questions. So far you only offered one stupid solutions ............ cutting incentives which doesn't solve anything. Grow up kid you are in the low percentage.

no sense of reality? You stupid mother fucker, you support HISTORICAL FAILURE.
Good gawd you are dense.

I've asked this question before as it relates to illegal immigration, and the left always deflects away from it.

If a stranger broke into your home, would you have this person removed? Or would you feed the criminal, put this individual on your health care policy, pay to educate their children and feel obligated to make him part of the family?

To go further, should the government treat this crime differently just because he brought a large number of people into your home?

Why don't two you come up with a suggestion? Instead of keep humping nonsense. And don't give me this this this left left left because majority of conservative with common sense support our idea.
Even your adorable trumpoy taco is confused

Why don't two you come up with a suggestion? Instead of keep humping nonsense. And don't give me this this this left left left because majority of conservative with common sense support our idea.
The Alt R and their deplorables and allies have added nothing but insults, because that is all they have to offer.

The Alt R and their deplorables and allies have added nothing but insults, because that is all they have to offer.

I did, and Jake ran.

Sorry boys, when your faced with the answer just admit your failure and move along.

It's called growing a pair, you wouldn't understand

I did, and Jake ran. Sorry boys, when your faced with the answer just admit your failure and move along. It's called growing a pair, you wouldn't understand
See, you deplorables have nothing except insults and rants and abused ego syndromes.

The facts are simple, Pop. (1) You are wrong on immigration. (2) You are in a small minority with decreasing political clout. (3) No mass deportations will occur. (4) No self deportations will occur. (5) The Hispanic vote will grow in size and the Republicans must seek it if the GOP wants to continue as an equal players with the Dems. It is what it is, what tis is simple: you are completely out of touch with what is happening.

I did, and Jake ran. Sorry boys, when your faced with the answer just admit your failure and move along. It's called growing a pair, you wouldn't understand
See, you deplorables have nothing except insults and rants and abused ego syndromes.

The facts are simple, Pop. (1) You are wrong on immigration. (2) You are in a small minority with decreasing political clout. (3) No mass deportations will occur. (4) No self deportations will occur. (5) The Hispanic vote will grow in size and the Republicans must seek it if the GOP wants to continue as an equal players with the Dems. It is what it is, what tis is simple: you are completely out of touch with what is happening.

So if I break into your house, your OK with that?

Good to know

So if I break into your house, your OK with that? Good to know
What a stupid question from one of the more ignorant posters on the board. Your fallacy of false equivalency was explained to you why it was a fallacy, and then you ask such a stupid question. (1) through (5) are correct. Your head is hurting again.

What a stupid question from one of the more ignorant posters on the board. Your fallacy of false equivalency was explained to you why it was a fallacy, and then you ask such a stupid question. (1) through (5) are correct. Your head is hurting again.

JakeStarkey, if USMB was a football team, you'd sure be our PUNTER.

So Jake, since when did you care how many people in your neighborhood thought it was fine for strangers to break into your home?

In the real world (where I live), we don't care, we have the criminal removed.

What say you?

Its fourth down Jakey boy, sounds like it's time for one of your world famous falicy punts.

JakeStarkey, if USMB was a football team, you'd sure be our PUNTER. So Jake, since when did you care how many people in your neighborhood thought it was fine for strangers to break into your home? In the real world (where I live), we don't care, we have the criminal removed. What say you? Its fourth down Jakey boy, sounds like it's time for one of your world famous falicy punts.
And Poppy weeps. It's a fallacy, which means nothing to this discussion. I am not afraid of Hispanics, weepy girl. I grew up in a small town of white and Hispanics. We got along. Some of them were illegals, and none of us cared. I don't care now. America, more than 70%, what an immigration reform plan. There will be no mass deportation. There will no self deportations. Just the way it is, tuffy.

JakeStarkey, if USMB was a football team, you'd sure be our PUNTER. So Jake, since when did you care how many people in your neighborhood thought it was fine for strangers to break into your home? In the real world (where I live), we don't care, we have the criminal removed. What say you? Its fourth down Jakey boy, sounds like it's time for one of your world famous falicy punts.
And Poppy weeps. It's a fallacy, which means nothing to this discussion. I am not afraid of Hispanics, weepy girl. I grew up in a small town of white and Hispanics. We got along. Some of them were illegals, and none of us cared. I don't care now. America, more than 70%, what an immigration reform plan. There will be no mass deportation. There will no self deportations. Just the way it is, tuffy.

Fakey drops back to pass, but wait, he's punting on FIRST DOWN!

Fakey drops back to pass, but wait, he's punting on FIRST DOWN!
You are trolling, Pop. :lol:

Now Hillary - surely she'd open the borders even wider! Wider than what? Wider than Trump? Certainly! Wider than Obama? Would that be possible?

Only her pom-pom girls know for sure.

It's OK, Jammie-boi, you can tell us......

Forum List

Back