A small gun for protection~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I'm thinking about getting one. I've never been a gun person, though both my brothers and my sister carry.

I was talking to a friend on here, and he asked what I would do to protect my daughter and myself if someone broke in the condo. He's right, what would I do? It's safe here, but you're never really safe I guess.

So,,, any advice for what I should do?

Thanks.

hmmm no pistol for sure....unless you are willing to commit time and money to a firing range on a regular basis...you got a solid alarm system and live in a complex right? i mean hell what would you do if a metorite fell on your place...how concerned are you about having to have a gun....are the concerns of having a gun heavier? lots of things to look at. are you willing to identify your target then aim to kill...even if its some thug ass kid...mini's age?

Cap_00358.jpg

I'm thinking about getting one. I've never been a gun person, though both my brothers and my sister carry.

I was talking to a friend on here, and he asked what I would do to protect my daughter and myself if someone broke in the condo. He's right, what would I do? It's safe here, but you're never really safe I guess.

Thanks.

Oh my! This is a big decision. Are you sure you want to do this? My wife is not a gun person and that is fine with me.

You should commit to practicing at a shooting range about every 3 months.

I'd recommend a small revolver like the following:

Concealment Pistol: Smith and Wesson 642 with Crimson Trace grips « Consumer Maven

Thanks.

Oh my! This is a big decision. Are you sure you want to do this? My wife is not a gun person and that is fine with me.

Concealment Pistol: Smith and Wesson 642 with Crimson Trace grips « Consumer Maven

With a semi-auto, you can keep the ammo separate until the need arises.

Besides that, just popping the magazine into the grip and cocking that bad boy can be deterrent enough.

Thanks.

Besides that, just popping the magazine into the grip and cocking that bad boy can be deterrent enough.

Like this?

$laura croft.jpg

Thanks.

I agree. I've got a semi-auto and a shotgun myself. I was just thinking about EZ. I've got the 642 on my buy list as a backup.

I agree. I've got a semi-auto and a shotgun myself. I was just thinking about EZ. I've got the 642 on my buy list as a backup.

Yeah, I'm thinking SMALL guys! I would of course get trained at a shooting range first.

Like this?

View attachment 8028

Yup! :)

The debate continues to rage (and always will) concerning size of hand gun to carry. I personally carry a CZ82, 9 Kurtz, A Taurus 357 snubbie wheel gun (great cause you can practice with the cheaper 38 rounds) and a CZ52 loaded with HP ammo. All three can be found for under $400 and are all excellent, reliable weapons. The smallest I would probably go is something in the 380 cal range.

why a small gun? i am all for a shotgun...every heard one of them lock and load?
Hey, you got pistol on my shotgun!

No, you got shotgun all over my pistol!

Now, two great things that are even better together....The Mossberg 500!!

Moss500.jpg

My brother and my son had one of those. I shot it. Woo hoo.

Don't do a little gun, EZ. Have a big gun. they're easier and you're more likely to hit what you're aiming at, and less likely to shoot your own foot off or accidentally blast yourself in the eye.

why a small gun? i am all for a shotgun...every heard one of them lock and load?
Hey, you got pistol on my shotgun!

No, you got shotgun all over my pistol!

Now, two great things that are even better together....The Mossberg 500!!

Moss500.jpg

My brother and my son had one of those. I shot it. Woo hoo.

Don't do a little gun, EZ. Have a big gun. they're easier and you're more likely to hit what you're aiming at, and less likely to shoot your own foot off or accidentally blast yourself in the eye.

Are you talking about a long arm or short arm?

If you really want to make sure that you get the intruder, I would recommend a grenade.

360559_Hand-Grenade-Posters.jpg

Just make sure you cover your ears, or you might end up with hearing problems.

Thanks.

You need one Echo. Go to a gun shop, buy one, take some safety and shooting lessons, you will love it

Here's another option...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzshkg9LJ0]YouTube - Machine Gun[/ame]

Forum List

Back