A Slam to Abortion Fanatics

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NewGuy, May 21, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2004/may/04051707.html

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    The fetus recognizes scents? SCENTS????? How in the world does the olfactory nerves work in a sac of fluid? one that the environment never changes?

dreams at 30 weeks? I'm surprised that its that late actually.

I consider this more theory, although it at least backs some of it up with good science and evidence

3. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As more and more research is done, I think alot of us will be surprised at how wrong abortion is...

4. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I think abortion is wrong as well...I just don't think the government should be making that difficult a decision for a woman, especially when HER life is on the line. Some of this person's theories sound like poppycock to me. I have a hard time believing he can actually tell if a fetus in utero is actually having a dream.

acludem

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Actually, that one seems the easiest to me.... brainwaves.....

6. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    Actually, a fetus can recognize scents, because when I was prego with my son, there were certain things that when I smelled them, he would move and kick. These things were chocolate, ANY citrus fruit, esp. oranges, spaghetti and garlic. No matter what time of day, if I smelled these, he would move and kick. They don't smell them through their nose. It is through the mother's oxygen that it learns to recognize this stuff. I read a study in a parenting magazine (i would have to do a search to find it) where Dr's had women who were 8 months pregnant, smell certain objects every day through pregnancy till birth, and they had other women avoid the smell. when the babies were born, at 2 months old, they placed the scents in front of the babies, and the ones that had not 'smelled' the scents in utero, did not react when presented with them. The ones that reacted (turning head, trying to grab item, pulling item toward them, etc.) were the ones that 'smelled' the items in utero