A republican tells the truth as he sees it

Wow this again...
Look you don't wanna follow the rules,fine stay home
and watch TV.Others that have no problem with it will vote
and take part in our Democracy.
I have no sympathy for anyone who wants to play the victim card here.

Most conservative criticism of voter registration drives aimed at poor and minority communities has been under the guise of worries about voter fraud. Vadum's column is notable because he isn't just pretending to be worried about the nearly non-existent threat of in-person voter fraud -- he just doesn't think poor people should be voting.

He gets credit for at least being honest.

Vadum clarifies that it is "destructive to register welfare recipients to vote so that they can vote themselves more government benefits. It is even worse that our tax dollars are used to register welfare recipients at welfare offices. It is a policy that would cause the Founding Fathers to roll over in their graves."

But, he adds: "Of course those who are legally qualified to vote should be allowed to vote but our tax dollars shouldn't be used to underwrite the destruction of the republic."

And as a conservative he’s consistent in his ignorance.

Voting for a given candidate doesn’t translate into ‘more government benefits.’ The creation of public assistance programs, benefit amounts, and availability are determined through the legislative process.

And even if there were some ‘direct connect’ between one’s vote and public assistance, that vote is legitimate in the context of one’s right to exercise his franchise. Americans aren’t required to justify how they vote.

Well go figure. ANOTHER dishonest thread title.

Where did it say HE WAS A REPUBLICAN??

So I guess when Maxi Waters says she wants to see the Tea Party go to hell, SHE SPEAKS for ALL in the Democrat party and all the people WHO VOTE Democrat..

gawd such hysterical dishonesty. This is ONE MANS opinion.

Why are left-wing activist groups so keen on registering the poor to vote?

Because they know the poor can be counted on to vote themselves more benefits by electing redistributionist politicians. Welfare recipients are particularly open to demagoguery and bribery.

when he says this its pretty obvious who he votes for

Do you think poor people shouldnt vote?

Everyone who can vote should vote.
Sad that our turnout for elections is so low.
We should have at least 90% turnout.
If the rules for voting changes so be it.
It should be that important for anyone to do what's
required.:confused:

"If the rules for voting changes so be it"

so you would be fine if someone changed the rules so only black teenaged males could vote?

I have heard simular things from Rs on here.

That poor people shouldnt be allowed to vote if the cant "(place some hoop for them to jump through here)".

Why is it the right in this country wants fewer Americans to vote?

I think they should both vote and pay Federal Income Tax.

everyone that is a citizen.

Opposite of what the democrats want.

Democrats win elections when the turnout is high.

This is why democrats like high turn outs.

Republicans win elections when turnout is low.

Its why republicans like low turnouts.

Even the 5 year Bush study found next to nothing in voter fraud happening in this country.

Your claims about cheating are false.

Mine are backed by court documentation.

everyone that is a citizen.

Opposite of what the democrats want.

Democrats win elections when the turnout is high.

This is why democrats like high turn outs.

Republicans win elections when turnout is low.

Its why republicans like low turnouts.

Even the 5 year Bush study found next to nothing in voter fraud happening in this country.

Your claims about cheating are false.

Mine are backed by court documentation.
:eusa_eh:

I have heard simular things from Rs on here.

That poor people shouldnt be allowed to vote if the cant "(place some hoop for them to jump through here)".

Why is it the right in this country wants fewer Americans to vote?

I think they should both vote and pay Federal Income Tax.
And if they don't pay income tax? NO VOTE.

These are the people that tend to vote themselves into the treasury with the help of the Statists whom are in it for thier own power.

Each empowers the other.

Many Rural Republicans are poor.

No one has to round them up and hold their hand to get them to register to vote.

No one has to herd them to the polls to cast their vote.

It's their civic duty...you couldn't keep them from voting.

Why do liberals oppose voter ID?

Because not only will they have to herd a group of people who could care less about their civic duty to both register and vote, but to get an ID too...in advance.

Since the voter block they are after has zero interest in voting, they will need to be led through this process as well.

And there lies the real problem...if these folks really wanted to vote, none of this would be a problem.

This only becomes a problem for the people who want them to vote, but can't get them motivated to do so on their own.

Forum List

Back