CDZ A Renaissance of Reality.

THAI EXPAT

Jun 14, 2017
Thailand
When you believe you know everything, there is no need for GOD. When you make the Internet a part of your life, you have the answer to all life's mysteries. When society provides for all your needs, there is no reason to manage your life.

And when you live your life on the Internet, you are free from the consequences of your actions. You are truly a Universe unto your self. You can disparage a President, claim a title, declare yourself an intellectual, create absurd scenarios, and all can be proven by invoking similar delirious people from history, or present day illusionists.

Millions of people have millions of opinions and the Internet has collected them all, and gives them equal value. The 10 Commandments have become the 10 Million Commandments,. One can pick and choose the ones that suite his delusions and promote his ego.

c2d89c9877eb72061a7370af3689322c.gif
God3.jpg

I believe that is why our society is so divided today! There is no need for reality. We create the world we want, and then defend it with links, cites, copy/paste and like postings. The value of our created world is measured by likes, hearts, and comments. The more sycophants we collect, the greater the credibility of our ideas.

images.jpg

Some proclaim this distribution of delusion as FREE SPEACH. “He has a right to his opinion”, as if each of us is sovereign. But we are not!! We are all part of a society! When you invoke painful memories, propose one group superior over another, one lifestyle over another, disparage personal traits, attack ad homonym. You deny truth. Every man is a unique miracle of creation with his own way of dealing with life's challenges.. And truth is the only way we have of making correct decisions.

So I sit in Paradise and watch the Media Circus. No longer are trusted news sources delayed by investigation. If you think it; print it, then defend your action later. People who are well paid to do tricks with a ball, or make illusion real, or show body parts usually covered, are suddenly Social Scientists who choose the value of a person by what's between their legs, or skin tone, or material accumulation, or whether they agree with you.

b401dc64405c4d9de4f1cf8afc412136--thailand-travel-phuket-thailand.jpg

We now are witnessing a Renaissance of Reality. Time to look after our own self interest. Take care of ourselves first. Government cannot cure all our social problems. We have to take responsibility for what we say and do. RESPECT, the choices of others! It is their life to live in the manner they choose, and passing LAWS that restrict that right is tyranny.

What we are being told by media, entertainment sources, government, and internet can no longer be trusted. We are all skeptics now, and rightly so. The only thing that will win back the trust of the people is proven success

Google knows more about you than your Mother!

God is Google.jpg

I understand there are good uses for the Internet. I use it daily. But we must use discretion in attributing credibility to what is available. Too many people post ridiculous accusations such as Republicans want us all to Die, and then use Internet sites to prove it!

Add to this the fraud, hacking, bank credit theft, stealing of Hospital records, false information, slander, and evil harm that forces young people to suicide and the good and bad attributes are balancing each other out.

What is at stake is the ability of people to make intelligent lifestyle decisions. Look at the insanity going on today because of false Internet information. Women are marching and going hysterical over what might happen. False information is spread around the world, before anyone can counter it. Obama ignored the China hacking that stole personal information from IRS.

IT hasn't reached the critical point yet, but soon the government will have no choice but to license internet users and sites.

I owned what is now called a Dive Bar in a mixed neighborhood in California. I had to deal with the consequences of bad behavior, and stupid talk.

For over 20 years Progressives were able to spit in the face of tradition, and anyone who objected lost their business, or was jailed. LGBT, Militant Women, minorities, even Handicapped told the majority of people how to live.

Well a slow anger was growing in the minds of "Normal" people. White Anglo Saxon Protestants. Who saw their taxes going up, and their freedom going down.

Wives who had added little to a marriage suddenly were entitled to half of a husbands life savings and pension. Gays went in search of Christian business who would not participate in their sex choice. Lawyers searched for non compliance with handicapped access. Even where there were no handicap customers. And so the social abuse went on, and the majority had to take it.

Then along came Trump, and they said ENOUGH with the Social Rhetoric. The people who made the country great, deserve their SELF RESPECT.
I have mixed feelings about what Trump is doing, but the proof is in the action, not the rhetoric. So I and the world wait to see what happens.

Please, let's deal with the concepts provided here. This is my view of what is going on today! What is yours? I don't pretend to have all the answers. I would have to be GOOGLE for that!

Google God 2.jpg

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
― Isaac Asimov

The more sycophants we collect, the greater the credibility of our ideas.

I suppose some people think that is so. I don't. Credibility and soundness differ from popularity, which is what one demonstrates by having more toadies.

RESPECT, the choices of others!

I, for one, respect one's right to make choices as one sees fit, but I may or may not respect the choices one makes.

Too many people post ridiculous accusations such as Republicans want us all to Die, and then use Internet sites to prove it!

Well, okay, but to what end? The lacuna between attempting to prove a point and preponderantly or fully proving it soundly. Many people achieve the former, far fewer the latter.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
― Isaac Asimov

That was the theme of my post. The Internet affords the same credibility to all who post. We must be skeptical of posts from Huffy Post and the Pope, as we can never be sure the source.

I suppose some people think that is so. I don't. Credibility and soundness differ from popularity, which is what one demonstrates by having more toadies.

All social media sites including USMB rate contributors by how many thanks they receive and how many followers they have!

I, for one, respect one's right to make choices as one sees fit, but I may or may not respect the choices one makes.

If you do not respect the choices I make, than you are a tyrant! I think you mean that you may not agree with my choices, and that's fine. Criticize my choices if you feel the need. But if I choose to home school my children, as an example, you have no right to force me to send them to public school! As long as they meet the minimum education standard!

Too many people post ridiculous accusations such as Republicans want us all to Die, and then use Internet sites to prove it!

Well, okay, but to what end? The lacuna between attempting to prove a point and preponderantly or fully proving it soundly. Many people achieve the former, far fewer the latter.

If you must resort to lies, innuendo and trickery to prove a point, that proves the point you are making has no merit of its own!

But good points. I think many on this site share your point of view!

XELOR.
Somehow my replies became part of your quotes. I am not proficient with the methods of this site yet! I apologize, and hope you can sort it out!. If not, ask again, and I will try to do better!

― Isaac Asimov

That was the theme of my post. The Internet affords the same credibility to all who post. We must be skeptical of posts from Huffy Post and the Pope, as we can never be sure the source.

All social media sites including USMB rate contributors by how many thanks they receive and how many followers they have!

If you do not respect the choices I make, than you are a tyrant! I think you mean that you may not agree with my choices, and that's fine. Criticize my choices if you feel the need. But if I choose to home school my children, as an example, you have no right to force me to send them to public school! As long as they meet the minimum education standard!

If you must resort to lies, innuendo and trickery to prove a point, that proves the point you are making has no merit of its own!

Do you mean "you" colloquially or literally?

― Isaac Asimov

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

― Isaac Asimov

I have never been so committed to a point of view, ideology, or policy that I have used lies, trickery or innuendo to win an argument. That is a betrayal of understanding I am not willing to engage in. And there have been times that it cost me dearly! And I am not kind to those who do!

― Isaac Asimov

What to what lies, innuendo and chicanery have I resorted? Please be specific.

"We now are witnessing a Renaissance of Reality. Time to look after our own self interest. Take care of ourselves first. Government cannot cure all our social problems. We have to take responsibility for what we say and do. RESPECT, the choices of others! It is their life to live in the manner they choose, and passing LAWS that restrict that right is tyranny."

Not too sure about this R of R, not a lot of people taking personal responsibility for themselves IMHO, nor much respect for others and maybe not so much even for themselves. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're getting at, but what manifestations do you see of more people becoming more grounded in reality?

This stuff about Normal = WASP, doesn't sit well. If that's what you think or how you feel, I guess you're entitled. But there's a whole lot of other people that think of themselves as 'Normal'.

"We now are witnessing a Renaissance of Reality. Time to look after our own self interest. Take care of ourselves first. Government cannot cure all our social problems. We have to take responsibility for what we say and do. RESPECT, the choices of others! It is their life to live in the manner they choose, and passing LAWS that restrict that right is tyranny."

Not too sure about this R of R, not a lot of people taking personal responsibility for themselves IMHO, nor much respect for others and maybe not so much even for themselves. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're getting at, but what manifestations do you see of more people becoming more grounded in reality?

This stuff about Normal = WASP, doesn't sit well. If that's what you think or how you feel, I guess you're entitled. But there's a whole lot of other people that think of themselves as 'Normal'.
Time to look after our own self interest.

That is every individual's burden. It has been since 1789. That is the reality. Some people rise to the challenge of doing so and others do not.

What does it take to do so? It takes looking and preparing in earnest for and availing oneself of opportunities when and where they present themselves. Sometimes, it takes creating opportunity where none seemed to exist. Nearly everyone has the ability to do so, but not everyone exerts the will needed to bring to bear the full force of that ability.

When is the time to do so? That varies from person to person. For some people the time to begin is during their childhood. For most, it's in adolescence or young adulthood. A small few can even put it off until a good deal later in life. What's key is that one pays close enough attention to one's circumstances and as a consequence of doing so, commences doing so before it's too late.

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
-- Maya Angelou, "Still I Rise"

― Isaac Asimov

I did not accuse you of doing any of these things. I was referring to people who do. There are many on this site, and all social media, and the Main Stream Media who do. Why are you becoming defensive? A recent Media example is Accusing the First Lady of Poland of snubbing Trump's handshake, when it was merely a ladies first thing!

I understand your skepticism, as the MSM/Democrats concentrate on the old Progressive agenda and Mock people who want to live their own lives, without government interference.
But President Donald Trump, is the embodiment of the renaissance! The beginning was Identifying those who want to change Society in a radical way. Immigration, refugees, work over welfare, Peace through Strength, etc.
No WASP is not how I define normal!
Normal is:
1. Respecting the Rights of ALL people.
2. Raising a family in the faith or belief of your choice.
3. Respecting the LAW, and working to change anything you disagree with, within the system.
4. Helping children to attain their greatest potential.
5. Working to make your home of choice a better place, in any way you can. Even if it is only picking up trash.
6. RESPECT< RESPECT< RESPECT, for people, for choices of others, for authority, for institutions, for work, for achievement, for life!

GOOD people come in all colors, shapes and sizes. It is what you DO, that defines you, not what you are born with!

I know why the caged bird sings - Poem by Maya Angelou
A free bird leaps on the back
Of the wind and floats downstream
Till the current ends and dips his wing
In the orange suns rays
And dares to claim the sky.

But a BIRD that stalks down his narrow cage
Can seldom see through his bars of rage
His wings are clipped and his feet are tied
So he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings with a fearful trill
Of things unknown but longed for still
And his tune is heard on the distant hill for
The caged bird sings of freedom.

The free bird thinks of another breeze
And the trade winds soft through
The sighing trees
And the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright
Lawn and he names the sky his own.

But a caged BIRD stands on the grave of dreams
His shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
His wings are clipped and his feet are tied
So he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings with
A fearful trill of things unknown
But longed for still and his
Tune is heard on the distant hill
For the caged bird sings of freedom.

Maya Angelou

I met Maya in Jacksonville, Florida in 2001, I believe it was. She was a very bitter racist person, but her writings don't show it. We were in a hotel bar, and perhaps she was drunk, or just had a bad experience. We all are many people.

― Isaac Asimov

I did not accuse you of doing any of these things. I was referring to people who do. There are many on this site, and all social media, and the Main Stream Media who do. Why are you becoming defensive? A recent Media example is Accusing the First Lady of Poland of snubbing Trump's handshake, when it was merely a ladies first thing!
I just realized that it is MY use of the term YOU, that is causing your consternation! When I carelessly use the term "YOU", I am referring to the general public, not an individual! The term "colloquially", threw me off because to me it means "of the people" and I was referring to the general public. A backward ROLEX is not part of the general public, from what I have read so far! LOL

― Isaac Asimov

I did not accuse you of doing any of these things. I was referring to people who do.

Okay. TY for the clarification.

It seemed to me you had indeed accused me of that. It did for two reasons:
  • You wrote, "If you must resort to lies, innuendo and trickery to prove a point..."
  • I explicitly asked if you mean't "you" in the colloquial or literal sense, and you responded by saying "both." Colloquially, people use the personal pronoun "you" in place of the impersonal pronoun "one."
I just realized that it is MY use of the term YOU, that is causing your consternation! When I carelessly use the term "YOU", I am referring to the general public, not an individual! The term "colloquially", threw me off because to me it means "of the people" and I was referring to the general public. A backward ROLEX is not part of the general public, from what I have read so far! LOL

Spot on. Yep, it's that and that you expressly quoted my comments when doing so, and you and I are the sole participants in the conversational sequence involved.

It's all good. We're clear now.

A backward ROLEX is not part of the general public

LOL Touché and thank you.

Last edited:
GOOD people come in all colors, shapes and sizes. It is what you DO, that defines you, not what you are born with!
I agree.

Given the venue in which the comment above appears, were I to have penned it, I'd have added "political persuasions" to the list.

I met Maya in Jacksonville, Florida in 2001, I believe it was. She was a very bitter racist person, but her writings don't show it. We were in a hotel bar, and perhaps she was drunk, or just had a bad experience.

Perhaps. She didn't come across that way when I interacted with her over the course of dinner at a charity event and some years later at a cocktail party. Maybe the settings themselves tempered her bile? I don't know. Quite frankly, she showed the same regal bearing and reserved contemplation as one of the women who, ages ago, worked in my parents' home. I found her lucid, charming and engaging as a someone with whom to chat. I sensed no bitterness. Obviously, given the briefness of our dealings, I have no way to know whether she was a racist.

I know why the caged bird sings
I understand the reference, and I don't deny its applicability when and where it is fitting. I know too that comparatively rarefied are they Americans who into a cage be born. More often, in my observation, people build their cage, move inside, lock the grate and toss the key just out of reach.

Forum List

Back