A Question for Liberals

The left is not mad hey are with the Donald that Trump beat Hillary, because Hillary if not very left, and most leftists did not like Hillary very much.

Yet revenge for Hillary is the reason every right winger I saw claimed to be the reason for so much opposition to Trump.
It's easy to understand.

For a political ideology that depends on fear, suspicion and hatred, an enemy is absolutely necessary. Trump's political enemy, and by extemsion the political enemy of his base, must be in the first row of any rationale to support him. And, likewise, those who do not support him must have been as fully in the tank of Hillary as they are with the Donald.

And deflecting all evidence of Trump's corruption and immorality is a crutch for his supporters. Why not blame criticism on something they see as legitimate while ignoring what everyone else sees as impeachable behavior? Citing any of Trump's less than virtuous behavior would lend legitimacy to the calls for his impeachment and removal.

Sure Trump is deliberately cruel in policy, corrupt in deeds, lying in words, and boorishly immature in actions. But saying so makes them real. And the last things Trumpians are interested in is reality. They like the bright, shiny things more than the intangibles of truth, nobility and character.

You're gonna lose your mind when he wins again.

The left is not mad that Trump beat Hillary, because Hillary if not very left, and most leftists did not like Hillary very much.

Yet revenge for Hillary is the reason every right winger I saw claimed to be the reason for so much opposition to Trump.
And any rightist who makes such a claim is wrong.

Indeed, the majority who voted for Clinton did so not because they ‘liked’ Clinton or wanted to see her become president, they did so in opposition to Trump and his failed, wrongheaded agenda.

This question is just for liberals and other non Trump supporters

Every right winger I have discussed this with says that the reason the left opposes Trump so much is because we are still mad that he beat Hillary and all the opposition he has seen is just an effort to either remove him from office and install Hillary, or at least punish him for beating Hillary in the election. I was angry about the way Trump won as well, but that is not the reason I dislike him so much. Since his inauguration, he has shown his incompetence, ignorance, and total lack of interest in doing anything for anyone but himself and others who are as rich as he is. He accepts conspiracy theories, and the word of enemy dictators over the facts as presented by his own investigative agencies, and a host of other things that make him unqualified to hold the position of POTUS.

My question is this Is your opposition to Trump an effort to remove a duly elected president and install Hillary in his place, or are there other reasons for your dislike of him? Be specific.
Donny is most certainly a narcissistic, arrogant, and egotistical blowhard. These traits are common in our presidents, but with Donny they are considerably more pronounced.

I suspect much of the animosity toward him is manufactured by the big corporate media, who clearly hates him and he hates them. When have we ever had a president so willing to attack the corporate media? In kind, the corporate media attacks him ruthlessly and consistently. It’s a ratings bonanza for the MSM.

Any American who gets all their news from the corporate media, HATES Donny. We see their posts on this forum every day. They are out of their minds with hate.

Probably every single president we have ever had is narcissistic, egotistical and arrogant. Trump is just a blowhard about it, so you know exactly where he stands. I find it refreshing.

Every right winger I have discussed this with says that the reason the left opposes Trump so much is because we are still mad that he beat Hillary and all the opposition he has seen is just an effort to either remove him from office and install Hillary, or at least punish him for beating Hillary in the election. I was angry about the way Trump won as well, but that is not the reason I dislike him so much. Since his inauguration, he has shown his incompetence, ignorance, and total lack of interest in doing anything for anyone but himself and others who are as rich as he is. He accepts conspiracy theories, and the word of enemy dictators over the facts as presented by his own investigative agencies, and a host of other things that make him unqualified to hold the position of POTUS.

My question is this Is your opposition to Trump an effort to remove a duly elected president and install Hillary in his place, or are there other reasons for your dislike of him? Be specific.
I disagree with Trump on most of the issues, and I'm absolutely horrified, embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviors.

I do think there is another element here though, as it pertains to the behaviors of many on the Left after Trump won.

Regarding the crazed, hardcore Left (yes, both ends have 'em), they thought it was over, that Obama's wins were the end of everything they didn't like about the country. They figured the country was headed in the new direction they've been waiting & hoping for, and that the change would be fueled/turbocharged by demographics. They may be right in the long run, but they spoke too soon.

So, when Trump won (the Electoral College vote), they pretty much lost their shit. Making it worse was the fact that Hillary won the popular vote. Making it far worse was the man who won and behaviors of the man. So I don't think there's any doubt that their reaction to his win was significantly radicalized by the circumstances.

Are you a nun? Like a real throwback nun?

Or the living embodiment of the Church Lady? I don't know any adult who drones on and on about "behaviors" like you do

Any American who gets all their news from the corporate media, HATES Donny. We see their posts on this forum every day. They are out of their minds with hate.

Good thing you've got Alec Jones to tell you what's right... until the Sandy Hook families send his ass to the poorhouse, anyway.
Alex Jones is no worse then the 95% of the MSM that backs Progs no matter what. Lets make it 50% to 50% and see where it goes. There is a market for it and always has been But the Nazis that control most of what we see and hear tell us what they want. And they give a few crumbs to the 50% that do not agree.

I disagree with Trump on most of the issues, and I'm absolutely horrified, embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviors.

I do think there is another element here though, as it pertains to the behaviors of many on the Left after Trump won.

Regarding the crazed, hardcore Left (yes, both ends have 'em), they thought it was over, that Obama's wins were the end of everything they didn't like about the country. They figured the country was headed in the new direction they've been waiting & hoping for, and that the change would be fueled/turbocharged by demographics. They may be right in the long run, but they spoke too soon.

So, when Trump won (the Electoral College vote), they pretty much lost their shit. Making it worse was the fact that Hillary won the popular vote. Making it far worse was the man who won and behaviors of the man. So I don't think there's any doubt that their reaction to his win was significantly radicalized by the circumstances.

Or the living embodiment of the Church Lady? I don't know any adult who drones on and on about "behaviors" like you do
I'd strongly recommend not reading my posts, then.

Otherwise, I can't help you.

Probably every single president we have ever had is narcissistic, egotistical and arrogant. Trump is just a blowhard about it, so you know exactly where he stands. I find it refreshing.

Because he hates Gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did. that's the important thing.

You're not a even a good troll Joe. You say stupid things that aren't funny and repeat yourself too much. That's why your rep count is so low.

If you were a better troll you would be cutting, sure, but droll and funny about it. You just come off as a total jerk. That's losing, Joe.

Or maybe you should pay less attention to the 'behaviors' of adults who bother you...???

Just a thought

Hey, Sue..

On Monday, make sure you go into work and tell a co-worker of color to "Go back where she came from".

Then grab another co-worker by the genitals.

Then go to a disabled co-worker and mock his disability.

After that, tell another co-worker how ugly she is and mock her appearance.

Let us know how "Refreshing" your school administration finds this behavior.

You're not a even a good troll Joe. You say stupid things that aren't funny and repeat yourself too much. That's why your rep count is so low.

Um... yeah, obviously you don't teach math, or you'd know that 29K is higher than 8K.

If you were a better troll you would be cutting, sure, but droll and funny about it. You just come off as a total jerk. That's losing, Joe.

Yet I'm living in your head rent free, you Islamophobic twat.

Or maybe you should pay less attention to the 'behaviors' of adults who bother you...???

Just a thought
Okay cool!

Politics is like entertaInment and a large percentage of people see it as such. So people pick a team to root for and then root for them. In the end over time the pendulum swings back and forth over and over again. People wake up and took they the day, then the next, then the next somewhat numb to the daily political entertainment. In the end the vast majority cast a vote, and return to their lives not too worried about the whole thing. It's the extremists that make all the noise and stamp their feet and complain. The nation moves ahead and people carry on. In the end in a lot of people's minds it all amounts to nothing.

Um... yeah, obviously you don't teach math, or you'd know that 29K is higher than 8K.

Yet I'm living in your head rent free, you Islamophobic twat.

Ratios, percentages, and time served as USMB's least creative troll. Consider that and get back to me. Still not a good troll, but that's usually how it works. The more evil degenerates you, the less creative you get. Did you know that? It destroys all the good stuff. So pretty soon you just spew the same old destructive stuff over and over.

Hey, Sue..

On Monday, make sure you go into work and tell a co-worker of color to "Go back where she came from".

Wherein Joe chides Trump for being a jerk while, two posts down, he calls me an "Islamophobic Twat".

This is Leftism. This is who these people are. Always. Do not ever doubt it, do not look away, fellow Leftists. This is your people.

Do not let it be you.

Hey, Sue..

One thing about that Joe. There are people of those backgrounds that do comparable things.

I've been around for 86, soon to be 87 years. It's always the same old stuff in politics. Been hearing the same old stuff. It really hasn't changed except social media gives more opportunity to the fringes of both sides to voice their same old stuff. In the end things won't change much no matter who is in charge. So does it all matter? Not really.

I've never liked Hillary, all the way back to when she was First Lady. It' was the the height of hubris for the Democrats to nominate her.

If the GOP had put up a sensible guy like Rubio or Kasich I might have even voted Republican. if the put up a guy like Bush, I'd have voted third party figuring that well, the establishment was going to be the establishment.

Trump, on the other hand, is a dangerous person, clearly mentally unstable. He promotes racial discord on a level not seen since the Klan days.
The problem with Rubio or Kasich is that they’d be pursuing the same disastrous policies Trump is now pursuing – again, it isn’t ‘Trump,’ it’s the failed, wrongheaded social, political, and economic dogma most Republicans adhere to.

That Rubio or Kasich aren’t racist bigots who promote racial discord doesn’t render them any more fit to be president.

Forum List

Back