A question for Conservatives

Some of the sad freaks at USMB don't like me. What sad freaks believe while pretending to be conservative doesn't mean a 'thang', son, not a 'thang'.

I feel about you the way I did when the tea party freaks came to the meeting in July 2009. I had told them earlier they would be polite, passionate if they wanted, but polite. They did not like that, I told them what would happen, they tested it, left the meeting in handcuffs, and when they came back after coughing up hefty fines and 'good performance bonds', they gave me dirty looks but were polite.

That's how I feel about you, daveman. You and those who think like you are unimportant in how things work and how they will turn out.

Last edited:
Have you ever read a complete text by Marx?

Have you ever studied Marx in a university context, where you unpacked his terms inside their historical context?

Here is why I ask.

I notice that Conservatives make constant references to Marx, but I never get the sense that they've studied his work in depth. I get the sense that they've been exposed to Marx mostly by interested 3rd parties (Talk Radio, partisan literature, the echo chamber) who provide only cherry picked quotes.

I have a friend who has been referring to Marx for years. I finally found out he had never read anything by Marx and it scared me.

When I tried to investigate why he would do such a thing, I discovered something horrific.

First, I should mention, I understand that Conservatives have created a universe which circulates talking points to their members. [This is what all political parties do] These talking points, which contain references to Marx, are pumped through a vast media network and repeated endlessly until they are experienced as "facts". I get this, and I realize that these talking points are designed for lemmings who can't think for themselves. Both parties have this regrettable element.

The horrific part is that so many people do not experience any cognitive dissonance when they use a reference that they've never fully investigated.

Here is my question, again. Why do Conservatives use terms that they've never studied? Is there anything about their personalities that would explain this? Does the movement attract a certain type of person? Is it a quasi-religious thing whereby they trust "higher powers" for their information? Is it really enough that William F Buckley read some Marx at Yale, which lead to an industry of secondary criticism (twice removed from the source), which criticism has produced fully formed opinions in people who've never consulted the source?

Please help me understand.

[Please don't say "liberals do it too". We already know this. The question is not "why do commie liberals act stupidly or unethically?". We know why? -they're commie liberals. The questions is: "why do good conservative americans act stupidly or unethically?"]

Is it possible that huge portions of the Right have never studied a word that use daily? Is it really possible that the party of Lincoln has been taken over by morons?

(Lie to me. Tell me you've studied Marx. Stretch the truth. Invent some rationalization about how you don't need to read an author to understand him -- and how you can trust news personalities to educate you and your children. Anything. Just don't tell me that you've never directly studied one of your key terms)

(Conservatives rely on the term "Marx" more than anything in their lexicon -- it is their lynchpin to criticize the Left. What if most of them have never read Marx and don't even understand his theories?)

(Is the most powerful political movement in my lifetime -- the Reagan Revolution -- kept afloat by an army of useful idiots?)

Simple question for you.

Name a country or government that was inspired in some way by Marx, that has worked out well for its people.

Marxs's Ideas seems wonderful on paper.

It has always been in their practical application that the problem arises.

Have you ever studied Marx in a university context, where you unpacked his terms inside their historical context?

Here is why I ask.

I notice that Conservatives make constant references to Marx, but I never get the sense that they've studied his work in depth. I get the sense that they've been exposed to Marx mostly by interested 3rd parties (Talk Radio, partisan literature, the echo chamber) who provide only cherry picked quotes.

I have a friend who has been referring to Marx for years. I finally found out he had never read anything by Marx and it scared me.

When I tried to investigate why he would do such a thing, I discovered something horrific.

First, I should mention, I understand that Conservatives have created a universe which circulates talking points to their members. [This is what all political parties do] These talking points, which contain references to Marx, are pumped through a vast media network and repeated endlessly until they are experienced as "facts". I get this, and I realize that these talking points are designed for lemmings who can't think for themselves. Both parties have this regrettable element.

The horrific part is that so many people do not experience any cognitive dissonance when they use a reference that they've never fully investigated.

Here is my question, again. Why do Conservatives use terms that they've never studied? Is there anything about their personalities that would explain this? Does the movement attract a certain type of person? Is it a quasi-religious thing whereby they trust "higher powers" for their information? Is it really enough that William F Buckley read some Marx at Yale, which lead to an industry of secondary criticism (twice removed from the source), which criticism has produced fully formed opinions in people who've never consulted the source?

Please help me understand.

[Please don't say "liberals do it too". We already know this. The question is not "why do commie liberals act stupidly or unethically?". We know why? -they're commie liberals. The questions is: "why do good conservative americans act stupidly or unethically?"]

Is it possible that huge portions of the Right have never studied a word that use daily? Is it really possible that the party of Lincoln has been taken over by morons?

(Lie to me. Tell me you've studied Marx. Stretch the truth. Invent some rationalization about how you don't need to read an author to understand him -- and how you can trust news personalities to educate you and your children. Anything. Just don't tell me that you've never directly studied one of your key terms)

(Conservatives rely on the term "Marx" more than anything in their lexicon -- it is their lynchpin to criticize the Left. What if most of them have never read Marx and don't even understand his theories?)

(Is the most powerful political movement in my lifetime -- the Reagan Revolution -- kept afloat by an army of useful idiots?)

Simple question for you.

Name a country or government that was inspired in some way by Marx, that has worked out well for its people.

Marxs's Ideas seems wonderful on paper.

It has always been in their practical application that the problem arises.

Many of the Chinese would say it works out well. I would disagree. But I also realize that without government regulation Business would rape us all as it did before 1900. That's a simple fact of history and life.

Some of the sad freaks at USMB don't like me. What sad freaks believe while pretending to be conservative doesn't mean a 'thang', son, not a 'thang'.

daveman, you have realized that you are a loser.. But there is a way out, but you will have to do it on your own.
You suck at reading minds, boy. :lol:

Include it all, loser.

I feel about you the way I did when the tea party freaks came to the meeting in July 2009. I had told them earlier they would be polite, passionate if they wanted, but polite. They did not like that, I told them what would happen, they tested it, left the meeting in handcuffs, and when they came back after coughing up hefty fines and 'good performance bonds', they gave me dirty looks but were polite.

That's how I feel about you, daveman. You and those who think like you are unimportant in how things work and how they will turn out.

daveman, you have realized that you are a loser.. But there is a way out, but you will have to do it on your own.
You suck at reading minds, boy. :lol:

Include it all, loser.

That's your problem, boy. You feel. You don't think.

That's a common leftist failing.

Obama will not be re-elected. You will be sad. I will laugh at you. :lol:

Naw, your feeling, daveman, is what gets you.

I think. I planned my life: the military, the education, the university, my profession, my career, my wife and family; I saved 10% of every dollar I ever made because I made a budget. I made sure at least 10% or more of my income went to charity. My children knew higher education was not a choice but a requirement. I always studied, prayed, and tried to make the honest and moral choice.

Now I "feel" (which you misunderstand) about you as I described above.

You are flotsam. I just move you along with the rest who float instead of steer. You and your type don't matter at all, at least not here, and you never will.

Naw, your feeling, daveman, is what gets you.

I think. I planned my life: the military, the education, the university, my profession, my career, my wife and family; I saved 10% of every dollar I ever made because I made a budget. I made sure at least 10% or more of my income went to charity. My children knew higher education was not a choice but a requirement. I always studied, prayed, and tried to make the honest and moral choice.

Now I "feel" (which you misunderstand) about you as I described above.

You are flotsam. I just move you along with the rest who float instead of steer. You and your type don't matter at all, at least not here, and you never will.
Checked the poll results lately? Nobody believes your bullshit, kid. :lol:

Your reactionaries poll. Unimportant. Lunatic fringe way to the right below the horizon. You will find Oddone, Paulie, and others hunkering down there. Go for it. You all don't count in the swing of things.

Have read the Torah? Can't comment on religion then.

There will always be followers and leaders. No matter what. The leaders will capitalize and the followers will be able to pay their rent buy cars and eat.

And the liberals will always use it to control the followers while they, the libs capitalize. Lol

Misty, what are you smoking? Talk about a non sequitur. One should read Torah, quran, both Testaments, and in the other scriptures of religions to get a better understanding of religion in human lives.

I'm Conservative who has studied Marx. I was a sociology major in college at Furman Univeristy in the early 90's. Studied quite a bit of him, as well as liberal icon George Bernard Shaw, as well as numerous other great philosophers of history.

Wanna know a secret about Marx? He and Shaw were fascinated by the possibilities of eugenics, even to the point of pondering if scientists could create a "humane gas" to rid the world of "surplus unwanted populations". And even proposed that if such a gas could be created, classical music would be played to comfort their "necessary exit".

Another interesting fact? Adolf Hitler reluctantly embraced the ponderings of Marx and Shaw regarding this "humane gas", despite his personal disgust of them for their Jewish roots, but he couldn't help but admire the idea of gassing a population and we see where that led.

So........yeah, I was the loony liberal college kid, and thought Marx was awesome at the time, and at the time I embraced the ideal of Utopianism. Then I graduated, grew up, and realized just who these left wing icons were. And the evil that ideology can lead to, intentionally or not.

As long as you realize how evil right wing icons can be as well.

What gets me is that both wack extremes believe the other extreme and the center as well are bad.

Wack thinking

What gets me is that both wack extremes believe the other extreme and the center as well are bad.

Wack thinking

I think any person can be evil, and almost any ideology can be evil. The extreme right, at it's farthest extremes, would be chaotic, governmentless populations. Smallest possible government, right? So, examples of places where tribes and gangs are MORE powerful than the government? Mexico, Afghanistan, Yemen. Not good. Survival of the fittest, or most well-armed. But the people who HAVE those extreme right wing beliefs aren't dangerous, the results of that ideology being fulfilled would be, as it'd be rule by tribes, gangs and etc.

The left wing, however, is about control. Massive government control of all human behavior. Forced equality. Overwhelming central power that can cut and carve society to fit exactly the image the government wants. Thats VERY bad.

Somewhere in the middle is where the people and government have about equal power against each other. And in that mushy middle is, I think, where social issues become the spark that pushes folks farther right or left.

But Marx did hold some very nasty, evil thoughts. Along with Shaw. And the left worships them. Locke?

Here is my question, again. Why do Conservatives use terms that they've never studied?

The questions is: "why do good conservative americans act stupidly or unethically?"[/quote]

Two very good questions. The answer to the first is it is not necessary and the second you are expressed a conundrum and not an enigma.

1) When is it necessary to study matters which one intends to discuss? the answer is when one intends to pursue the truth. If one has no desire to seek out the truth then one certainly doesn't need to know what they are talking about.

2) The second question you ask begs the question of what is a "good conservative?" I would say the best conservatives are the paramount of stupid and unethical behavior. Yet I get the feeling that you think of "good" conservatives in a different light. However I would point out that the only "good" conservatives are those that win elections and this requires both stupidity and an astounding lack of ethics and morals. Now you may feel differently but the truth might by that all the "good" conservatives have long since become democrats and we now call them progressives.

Yes, yes, yes, we know. The only reason why Marxism has failed every time it's been tried was because it didn't have a large enough economy to sustain its idiotic policies.

Wack thinking

I think any person can be evil, and almost any ideology can be evil. The extreme right, at it's farthest extremes, would be chaotic, governmentless populations. Smallest possible government, right? So, examples of places where tribes and gangs are MORE powerful than the government? Mexico, Afghanistan, Yemen. Not good. Survival of the fittest, or most well-armed. But the people who HAVE those extreme right wing beliefs aren't dangerous, the results of that ideology being fulfilled would be, as it'd be rule by tribes, gangs and etc.

The left wing, however, is about control. Massive government control of all human behavior. Forced equality. Overwhelming central power that can cut and carve society to fit exactly the image the government wants. Thats VERY bad.

Somewhere in the middle is where the people and government have about equal power against each other. And in that mushy middle is, I think, where social issues become the spark that pushes folks farther right or left.

The far right is about the rule of man, the rule of the strongest, the victimization of the weakest in society. Privatization is evil in many ways as extreme socialization of services: the weakest are hurt.

Forum List

Back