A President Represents all Americans..

You prove the point by having to mention which compartmentalized type of American you are. We need a president for ALL the people. Romney will do a good job. He has shown in Massachusetts that he has the leadership skills to work with Democrats as well as Republicans. Obama has had three and 1/2 years and has shown that he has no ability to work with the opposition.

Yeah? Well this is the first time in history that I've felt that way so what does that tell you about all the Presidents before this one?

Romney certainly isn't including LGBT voters in HIS platform.

It doesn't tell me much about prior presidents, but it speaks volumes to Obama's ability to pander to and divide the electorate based on social issues.
I don't know that we should be making public policy based on people's sexual habits. Public policy that involves taxpayer funds should be based on how that policy benefits society at large. We need to decide as a nation if marriage benefits society to a degree that we reward it with tax benefits. If it does benefit society at large, then we should continue to provide taxpayer funded benefits. If marriage doesn't benefit society at large, then we need to stop the taxpayer involvement and leave it to religious institutions.

I see...so, in your book, finally including LGBT Americans equates to "pandering". Interesting take...

Good luck prying those benefits from the legally married.

Marriage is the "struggle for equality".

You can have equality with civil unions just as easily without disturbing the marriage traditions.

From what I've been informed of, civil unions don't quite match the rights given to married couples. If that is true, both Democrats and Republicans should work together to make it so.

The question would be, why haven't they? I suspect the Democrats are the cork because they prefer the political battering ram over a true solution, granted I am partisan...:lol:

Really? Why haven't they? It is the Democrats who want to repeal DOMA. The President has said he won't use the DOJ to fight the DOMA challenges, but the Boehner (Republicans) have decided that they WILL defend DOMA at the taxpayers expense.

Do you believe Obama has lived up to that aspiration?

As a conservative, I'd say pretty well nope, in fact, mostly the opposite.

Other than sitting at the White House while Bin Laden was whacked, I'm kinda at a loss to remember anything he's accomplished correctly for conservatives....:dunno:

07192010-WitchDrObama.jpg

satire.jpg

What "Conservatives Think of Obama!​
Yet, they were "oh so fair"!​

Other than sitting at the White House while Bin Laden was whacked, I'm kinda at a loss to remember anything he's accomplished correctly for conservatives....:dunno:

satire.jpg

Not this one...my lack of faith in Obama has nothing to do with race..but your free to push the race card..again and again and again and again....etc

Last edited:

satire.jpg

Not this one...my lack of faith in Obama has nothing to do with race..but your free to push the race card..again and again and again and again....etc

Race cards, the only hands the Republicans know. They're 90% white and mostly Southern Confederates. Why pretend otherwise? I have more respect for honest Republicans who bear their racism with pride. At least they're honest.

I will never forget the absolute look of joy on the face of this so called President of all the people the day he gave his famous ( I hope to become infamous) "you didn't build that" speech.
With all his followers cheering him on he was mocking who I would think is the backbone of this country.
The small business owner.

A total disgrace to the office.

In a word..yes.

Each and every initative that the President has pushed, included conservative input.

Conservatives use to be for eliminating terrorists like Osama Bin Laden.
Conservatives use to be for the indivdual mandate.
Conservatives use to be for fiscal sanity.

Even the stimulus package had a good amount of conservative input. The size and scope were outlined by conservatives. After 2010..Obama extended the Bush tax cuts..in deference to Conservatives.

The underlying problem that Obama has just come to realize is that conservatives simply will not tolerate anyone else but a conservative in the White House.

They impeached the last President who was not a Conservative.

Yeah sure, right off the bat the told the Republicans, I won, sit down and shut up..when they didn't he just became a thug

No he absolutely did not.

Right off the bat he hosted a series of "get to know you" cocktail hours at the White House. That's along with talking with most of the members of the opposition. They responded by telling Obama none of his legislation was going to pass..and told the media that the Health Care law would be his waterloo.

Eventually..after massive obstruction and with much frustration, Obama did say..that he won. Because..guess what..he did.

he only wins if his bill works like he said it would......if not.....he dont look so good does he?....

Romneycare is ALREADY a great success, lowest cost rises in the USA by far (2% vs 15% elsewhere and for YEARS), and Obamacare is the same, only better by degrees. Pub dupes!!

It appears it was more of a thoughtful process that could have led to disaster by Jarret, not Obama.

It was OBAMA that got Bin Laden.

You know..I don't see you guys giving credit to Dennis Ritchie or Tim Paterson. Why? Because it was Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that had the success. Those are the guys you remember. It was their vision, right or wrong..that got their respective companies off the ground.

Obama was saying that no matter what..he was going to kill Bin Laden. Said so in the debates. He was ridiculed by both McCain and Romney for being naive. And Romney said he wouldn't violate Pakistani sovereignty to kill Bin Laden.

Obama assembled a team of experts and re-activated the spook units around the middle east to find Bin Laden. And when he had the shot..he took it.

Had he failed..you guys would have been all over him..and it would have ended his Presidency. That's LEADERSHIP. Weighing the RISKS and the consequences..and going for the gold.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, right off the bat the told the Republicans, I won, sit down and shut up..when they didn't he just became a thug

Right off the bat he hosted a series of "get to know you" cocktail hours at the White House. That's along with talking with most of the members of the opposition. They responded by telling Obama none of his legislation was going to pass..and told the media that the Health Care law would be his waterloo.

Eventually..after massive obstruction and with much frustration, Obama did say..that he won. Because..guess what..he did.

he only wins if his bill works like he said it would......if not.....he dont look so good does he?....

His bills have worked like he said they would. And given that the Bush administration was wrong on the numbers..the stimulus worked better then he said it would. That's even with the restraints that Republicans put on it.

Romneycare is ALREADY a great success, lowest cost rises in the USA by far (2% vs 15% elsewhere and for YEARS), and Obamacare is the same, only better by degrees. Pub dupes!!

Bump for another game changer never anywhere NEAR the Pub propaganda machine...

Yeah? Well this is the first time in history that I've felt that way so what does that tell you about all the Presidents before this one?

Romney certainly isn't including LGBT voters in HIS platform.

It doesn't tell me much about prior presidents, but it speaks volumes to Obama's ability to pander to and divide the electorate based on social issues.
I don't know that we should be making public policy based on people's sexual habits. Public policy that involves taxpayer funds should be based on how that policy benefits society at large. We need to decide as a nation if marriage benefits society to a degree that we reward it with tax benefits. If it does benefit society at large, then we should continue to provide taxpayer funded benefits. If marriage doesn't benefit society at large, then we need to stop the taxpayer involvement and leave it to religious institutions.

I see...so, in your book, finally including LGBT Americans equates to "pandering". Interesting take...

Yes I do think that he is pandering. I think he is hell bent on creating subgroups of citizens that he can pit against others. For Obama it's all about poor people vs. rich people..gay people vs. straight people..black people vs. white people...hispanic people vs. white people. It's always us against them in his world without the realization that he was responsible to ALL the American people.

Look, I really don't care who sleeps with who. It's not my business. I do think tho that it's time to have a real debate on why we have federal benefits for marriage in the first place. But that's a discussion for another thread rather than me hijacking this one.

Yes I do think that he is pandering. I think he is hell bent on creating subgroups of citizens that he can pit against others. For Obama it's all about poor people vs. rich people..gay people vs. straight people..black people vs. white people...hispanic people vs. white people. It's always us against them in his world without the realization that he was responsible to ALL the American people.

How is including gays and lesbians in the national conversation "creating sub-groups"? As someone who has been on the outside looking in, it's nice to be included for once.

Was it "pandering" when Truman signed Executive Order 9981?

Was it "pandering" when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act?

Was it "pandering" when Theodore Roosevelt's Bull Moose/Republican Party became the first national political party to adopt a woman suffrage plank?

Was Romney "pandering" when he said he'd be more pro gay rights than Ted Kennedy?

Look, I really don't care who sleeps with who. It's not my business. I do think tho that it's time to have a real debate on why we have federal benefits for marriage in the first place. But that's a discussion for another thread rather than me hijacking this one.

Like I said, good luck with that.

Benefits of Marriage

You can have equality with civil unions just as easily without disturbing the marriage traditions.

From what I've been informed of, civil unions don't quite match the rights given to married couples. If that is true, both Democrats and Republicans should work together to make it so.

The question would be, why haven't they? I suspect the Democrats are the cork because they prefer the political battering ram over a true solution, granted I am partisan...:lol:

Really? Why haven't they? It is the Democrats who want to repeal DOMA. The President has said he won't use the DOJ to fight the DOMA challenges, but the Boehner (Republicans) have decided that they WILL defend DOMA at the taxpayers expense.

I'll just check up on what you've said, you have me at a disadvantage, honestly..dang it..:lol:

is it a success Frankie?lowest cost rises in years?....i had a nice plan with nice co-pays,same for years with no increases.....since this shit has started im paying more monthly....my co-pays have doubled.....Endoscopy co-pays were $50.00 .....now $250.00 ......hospital was $100.00 now 300.00.....everything has increased Frankie......and everyone i have asked if theirs has increased has said .....yes.....talk to me Frankie......:eusa_eh:

Romney would only represent the super wealthy. Everyone knows it. It's not a secret.

His bills have worked like he said they would. And given that the Bush administration was wrong on the numbers..the stimulus worked better then he said it would. That's even with the restraints that Republicans put on it.

biggest Economy in the nation.....and over ten percent unemployment out here Sallow..........you got me fooled pal......but hey, if you think they are working maybe your Reps have more pull than mine and you guys are getting all the goodies....hey im glad its working somewhere....

Forum List

Back