A perfect SAT score denied entrance to ivy league schools liberals trickle down stupid...,

The U.S. population is 5% Asian-American. Harvard's students are 17% Asian-American.

^^^ like I said liberal trickle down stupid

You don't want the best and brightest...

Just want America to be a Third World country of idiots

More stupidly by liberals once again...

A perfect ACT score couldn't get this student into Yale, Princeton, or Stanford, and he says it's because he's Asian-American

With a perfect ACT score and 13 Advanced Placement courses under his belt, Michael Wang applied to seven Ivy League universities and Stanford in 2013.

An Asian-American, Wang suspected his race might work against him. But he was still shocked when he was rejected by Stanford and every Ivy League school except for the University of Pennsylvania.

Wang says he worked incredibly hard and excelled in every area possible. But it still wasn't good enough.

"There was nothing humanly possible I could do," Wang told us, saying he felt utterly demoralized after his rejections.

Wang said that after he was rejected from most of the Ivies, he filed a complaint with the US Department of Education alleging that Yale, Stanford, and Princeton discriminated against him because he was Asian-American.

Wang isn't alone in his belief that the Ivies discriminate against Asians. A coalition of Asian-American groups filed a lawsuit against Harvard last month alleging the college and other Ivy League institutions use racial quotas to admit students to the detriment of more qualified Asian-American applicants. The more than 60 Asian groups are coming together to fight what they say are unfair admission practices.

Wang's credentials are impressive. Academically, he was ranked second overall in his class and graduated with a 4.67 weighted grade point average. He scored a 2230 on his SAT, placing him in the 99th percentile of students who took the exam.

You know I don't think that was it. I think it was his last name. Would you like to set next to a wang in class, restaurant or movie theater? I mean come on, roll call, is there a wang in the room? You can make wang jokes all day long but are you going to put your hand on wang?

Q'Wantavius worked really hard to achieve an SAT score of 133 and in spite of his obvious disadvantages which included free breakfast and lunch was given a full scholarship to the ivy league college of his choice

And, by the way, this would be called blatant racism if the other "side" were saying it.

I don't care who is saying it. All the facts show that he is more likely to be accepted into an Ivy League because he was a minority. He is blaming his failure to get accepted on his race, which is obvious bullshit. Maybe... just maybe, there were other applicants that had more achievements and wrote better essays.

A perfect ACT score couldn't get this student into Yale, Princeton, or Stanford, and he says it's because he's Asian-American

With a perfect ACT score and 13 Advanced Placement courses under his belt, Michael Wang applied to seven Ivy League universities and Stanford in 2013.

An Asian-American, Wang suspected his race might work against him. But he was still shocked when he was rejected by Stanford and every Ivy League school except for the University of Pennsylvania.

Wang says he worked incredibly hard and excelled in every area possible. But it still wasn't good enough.

"There was nothing humanly possible I could do," Wang told us, saying he felt utterly demoralized after his rejections.

Wang said that after he was rejected from most of the Ivies, he filed a complaint with the US Department of Education alleging that Yale, Stanford, and Princeton discriminated against him because he was Asian-American.

Wang isn't alone in his belief that the Ivies discriminate against Asians. A coalition of Asian-American groups filed a lawsuit against Harvard last month alleging the college and other Ivy League institutions use racial quotas to admit students to the detriment of more qualified Asian-American applicants. The more than 60 Asian groups are coming together to fight what they say are unfair admission practices.

Wang's credentials are impressive. Academically, he was ranked second overall in his class and graduated with a 4.67 weighted grade point average. He scored a 2230 on his SAT, placing him in the 99th percentile of students who took the exam.

You know I don't think that was it. I think it was his last name. Would you like to set next to a wang in class, restaurant or movie theater? I mean come on, roll call, is there a wang in the room? You can make wang jokes all day long but are you going to put your hand on wang?

Haaaa...Oh sorry the Wong Wang...

Haaaa...Oh sorry the Wong Wang...

You definitely don't want the touch the wong wang. Doesn't matter how high the wang gets on ACT.

And, by the way, this would be called blatant racism if the other "side" were saying it..
So is he being racist for trying to use his color and race expecting to get in..Just saying what you are saying turned around..
Nowadays, everything is racism. Sadly, the word has been so over-used that it means nearly nothing.

But the PC zealots would (pretend to) have a stroke if this were a black guy and the conservatives were saying what is being said here.

East Asians and Whitey have been discriminated against at colleges and universities for decades.

False! Asians have the highest probability of being accepted into American universities than any other minority. Affirmative action allows additional funding the more racially diverse their school is, which compels universities to accept minorities at a greater rate.

It was his application that ruined his chance. He should have written a letter with his application that his mother was here illegally and kept as a slave in a garment factory. His father was in prison serving a sentence for murder. He is a Triad assassin.

His role model is Che Guevara and hopes to be the same kind of revolutionary.

Instant admission to any school he wants.

The poor boy is disadvantaged by coming from an intact family with a mother and father.

East Asians and Whitey have been discriminated against at colleges and universities for decades.

False! Asians have the highest probability of being accepted into American universities than any other minority. Affirmative action allows additional funding the more racially diverse their school is, which compels universities to accept minorities at a greater rate.

You are starting to sound like the liberals who tried to keep the Jew's out of American colleges in the 1940s

Why do you guys hate success, hard work and intelligence ?

This is clearly an unfortunate, troubling situation for this young man. With all of his stellar academic credentials and his 99th percentile SAT score of 2230, there's no good reason that every Ivy League school except the University of Pennsylvania had to reject him out of hand.

I personally support affirmative action in college admissions, with race as one factor among many, but not the extreme, quota-style version of it that sets a rigid numerical goal for the number of minorities it should admit. It looks like this young student fell victim to that.

All of those schools are private universities, and therefore can use whatever method they choose in accepting their students. To say he was denied entrance only because of his race would be difficult to prove. I assume each of those Universities have Asian-American students, and thus being Asian American is not an automatic disqualification for acceptance.

That said- the Ivy League schools, although academically challenging, do not automatically accept only the most academically qualified. Being a legacy is huge as is coming from unique background and circumstances. Unfortunately for this young man, being an outstanding Asian American high school student is not that rare. In fact, it is a cliche.

The U.S. population is 5% Asian-American. Harvard's students are 17% Asian-American.

That's because we're smarter than you. Such is life.

As usual, the left has set out to punish people for succeeding and instead panders to the lowest common denominator.

That's because we're smarter than you. Such is life. As usual, the left has set out to punish people for succeeding and instead panders to the lowest common denominator.
It's just stunning that it's come to this. Work hard, sacrifice, achieve, and you're the bad guy.

Incredible.

If He Was a Transgender Asian Confused About What Bathroom To Use, All The Ivy League Schools Would Go In To A Cage Match To Recruit Him-She-It!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back