Do you think there will be a conservative challenge to Trump in 2020?

If Trump makes it to 2020, he will be taken out in primaries.

If he continues to attack Conservatives for his failures like he did on healthcare, and he fulfills his threat to try and work with the Democrats (can't imagine them doing that)... then, YES... I think he will be challenged.

There may be a conservative GOP candidate or nine in 2020, but it will have nothing to do with Trump, who will be long gone.

Or will they wait for 2024 when Trump's terms are over to run?

I think it's way to early to even venture a reasonable guess. I voted for him, actually against her, but I could see him saying screw it, or becoming so embroiled within the party that somebody steps up. It will depend largely on how congress acts. They couldn't get a healthcare bill passed, and in my view that is the fault of the GOPers in congress, not Trump. Those bastards have been screaming about BOcare since the beginning, and now they control both houses but can't bring a bill to vote on. Colossal failure. At least the Dems, for all their goofy ideals, know how to enact real change. Only problem, their real change is usually bad.

There may be a conservative GOP candidate or nine in 2020, but it will have nothing to do with Trump, who will be long gone.

*sigh* Trump will not be gone because you don't have the votes to impeach him and you're not going to win those votes in 2018. May as well park that Impeachment Bus back in the garage and wait for another Republican president... check your tires for dry rot.

Goldman Sachs will win the white house regardless of how anyone votes like they always do.

if he is in any trouble, I would wish for a Rubio/Cruz ticket. that way, Republicans will stay in Power till at least in the year 2525.

I get the feeling Cruz isn't going to run again. I think he is content to remain in the Senate. Look out for Rand Paul.

Here is how the Trump campaign will handle a primary challenge:

Someone can check me out on this, I don't think there has ever been an election where the incumbent was defeated in the primary and that party won the election. I know there have probably been a few who were primaried and lost but then the party went on to lose the general as well. So Team Trump will really play this up if there is a primary challenge.

I can think of a few times a president got challenged by their party for second term. They beat them but lost in November.
Bush carter and ford

Democrats have got themselves into such a tizzy that they still refuse to recognize why they lost. The reasons why they lost are still there. And have gotten worse.

AbeDemsNeverChange1.jpg

Cant wait for the there wont be another repub President in our lifetime
talking point to arise again

Forum List

Back