A perfect SAT score denied entrance to ivy league schools liberals trickle down stupid...,

With a perfect ACT score and 13 Advanced Placement courses under his belt, Michael Wang applied to seven Ivy League universities and Stanford in 2013.

An Asian-American, Wang suspected his race might work against him. But he was still shocked when he was rejected by Stanford and every Ivy League school except for the University of Pennsylvania.

Being Asian actually increases your chances of being accepted into an American university due to affirmative action policies.

It sounds like this entitled try hard is just butthurt that he didn't get accepted, and is trying trying to offload accountability by playing the race card.
Well, you can't know that can yew? The question is with perfect scores, why he was not accepted. Were others with lesser scores accepted?
It's the admission policy. At Harvard, there's no absolute SAT requirement and there is no SAT score that guarantees admission. If your score is high enough and your grades are high enough, you will be considered. However, the selection process is subjective. The application contains a number of essay questions that cover more than just academics. The school requires reports from the applicant's teachers and the school. In others words, grades and test scores will flag your application for consideration.

Harvard like most Ivy League Schools that Wang applied, use a formula to give preference to minority applicants that have near identical qualifications to other applicants.

The bottom line is the top schools in the country use test scores and grades to qualify your application for further consideration. What happens after that depends on the school.

Most of the schools that Wang applied to have a rather high percentage of Asian students, 19% to 24% so it would seem that claiming discrimination based on race would be difficult to prove.

Last edited:
He should Sue For A Billion Dollars!

Hit that fucking diploma mill Yale first. They are in the business of selling diplomas, not educating people anyway.

Then you explain why:
1. Million of foreign students come to America each year to get an education and they pay cash. Favorite is California.
2. We produce the one of best engineers (all), doctors, scientists, aeronautics, medicines, law, R&D etc etc etc.

I can tell you that a lot of these young kids need a lot of guidance when taking courses they LIKE. We are producing lots of kids that are taking worthless majors. Like religion, dance, drama, Jewish study, liberal arts, psychology, anthropology etc. I have several of these kids working for me, with massive loan, families and it's sad.
Chances of getting a high paying job is about slim to none unless you get lucky or someone you knew inside.
Most or all Asians and middle easterners TELL their kids what they WANT not the other way around. They look what is in demand------ that is why we see lots of asian nurses, computer science and engineers and doctors.

He should Sue For A Billion Dollars!

Hit that fucking diploma mill Yale first. They are in the business of selling diplomas, not educating people anyway.

Then you explain why:
1. Million of foreign students come to America each year to get an education and they pay cash. Favorite is California.
2. We produce the one of best engineers (all), doctors, scientists, aeronautics, medicines, law, R&D etc etc etc.

I can tell you that a lot of these young kids need a lot of guidance when taking courses they LIKE. We are producing lots of kids that are taking worthless majors. Like religion, dance, drama, Jewish study, liberal arts, psychology, anthropology etc. I have several of these kids working for me, with massive loan, families and it's sad.
Chances of getting a high paying job is about slim to none unless you get lucky or someone you knew inside.
Most or all Asians and middle easterners TELL their kids what they WANT not the other way around. They look what is in demand------ that is why we see lots of Asian nurses, computer science and engineers and doctors.
Maybe what you don't understand is a lot of kids simply have zero aptitude for math and science which is where many of the good jobs are today. Going into a field of study that you hate and have no aptitude for is a sure path to failure for most people.

I've known a number of people with bachelors degrees in liberal arts, psychology, philosophy, and anthropology. With only few exceptions, they have all gone back to school and developed rewarding careers.

Then you explain why:

Most or all Asians and middle easterners TELL their kids what they WANT not the other way around. They look what is in demand------ that is why we see lots of asian nurses, computer science and engineers and doctors.

I specified Yale, which was exposed by the WSJ as selling degrees. Obviously such sale is to the elite of the nation, kids of billionaires and well connected looters. But the fact is, if you are the kid of Obama or Bush and get into Yale, you can party for 4 years and walk off with a bachelor's in law or business, just as long as the tuition is paid, regardless of whether you even attended a single class.

We do have some fine educational institutions in the nation. I specified Yale as a school that sells connections, rather than an education.

Then you explain why:

I specified Yale, which was exposed by the WSJ as selling degrees. Obviously such sale is to the elite of the nation, kids of billionaires and well connected looters. But the fact is, if you are the kid of Obama or Bush and get into Yale, you can party for 4 years and walk off with a bachelor's in law or business, just as long as the tuition is paid, regardless of whether you even attended a single class.

We do have some fine educational institutions in the nation. I specified Yale as a school that sells connections, rather than an education.
Yale is certainly not a degree mill.
The school may certainly give preference to children of alumni, particular those that support the school. Almost all non-public universities do. However looking at the qualifications of those accepted shows rather clearly, that most applicants have a lot more than just money. The average applicant is at the top of their class. The average SAT score for new students is 1540 out of 1600.

Yale is one of top schools in the country. It is consistently ranked the best in economics and law. It is ranked in the top 10 in the country in Medical Research, Business, Biological Sciences, English, Math, Political Science, and Psychology.

Yale's alumni include 5 presidents, 19 Supreme Court Justices, 57 Nobel Laureates, and 247 Rhodes Scholars.

Then you explain why:

Yale is certainly not a degree mill.
The school may certainly give preference to children of alumni, particular those that support the school. Almost all non-public universities do. However looking at the qualifications of those accepted shows rather clearly, that most applicants have a lot more than just money. The average applicant is at the top of their class. The average SAT score for new students is 1540 out of 1600.

Yale is one of top schools in the country. It is consistently ranked the best in economics and law. It is ranked in the top 10 in the country in Medical Research, Business, Biological Sciences, English, Math, Political Science, and Psychology.

Yale's alumni include 5 presidents, 19 Supreme Court Justices, 57 Nobel Laureates, and 247 Rhodes Scholars.

Yale IS a diploma mill, and sells degrees to the very wealthy.

I have FAR more respect for Cal State San Diego.

Then you explain why:

I never heard of Yale selling diploma.

More stupidly by liberals once again...

A perfect ACT score couldn't get this student into Yale, Princeton, or Stanford, and he says it's because he's Asian-American

With a perfect ACT score and 13 Advanced Placement courses under his belt, Michael Wang applied to seven Ivy League universities and Stanford in 2013.

An Asian-American, Wang suspected his race might work against him. But he was still shocked when he was rejected by Stanford and every Ivy League school except for the University of Pennsylvania.

Wang says he worked incredibly hard and excelled in every area possible. But it still wasn't good enough.

"There was nothing humanly possible I could do," Wang told us, saying he felt utterly demoralized after his rejections.

Wang said that after he was rejected from most of the Ivies, he filed a complaint with the US Department of Education alleging that Yale, Stanford, and Princeton discriminated against him because he was Asian-American.

Wang isn't alone in his belief that the Ivies discriminate against Asians. A coalition of Asian-American groups filed a lawsuit against Harvard last month alleging the college and other Ivy League institutions use racial quotas to admit students to the detriment of more qualified Asian-American applicants. The more than 60 Asian groups are coming together to fight what they say are unfair admission practices.

Wang's credentials are impressive. Academically, he was ranked second overall in his class and graduated with a 4.67 weighted grade point average. He scored a 2230 on his SAT, placing him in the 99th percentile of students who took the exam.

Some liberal policies when it comes to identity politics are insane and liberals would be better backing far away from such idiocy.

Some liberal policies when it comes to identity politics are insane and liberals would be better backing far away from such idiocy.
I hope they back off the Identity Politics horse crap before they doom themselves to permanent minority status.

I want competition for the GOP.

Forum List

Back