Sign of our times: Of six comedians on Netflix special, only one is clean, five are dirty

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The first comedian was completely clean, no cuss words, no sex jokes, I could have taken small kids to see his jokes and they would have laughed.

Unfortunately, the other five were dirty, and it escalated to a point that is reaching way beyond what is acceptable, even in a society as perverse as ours.

The worst was a very good looking blonde woman, who made jokes about her dog going down on her.

Aliens from other cultures more advanced than ours would be right to assume our society is on the decline, and about to collapse.

Jerry Seinfeld says that no one is funny anymore. Comedians try so hard to be edgy, they can't be funny.

Jack Benny, Bob Hope, the Marx Brothers, had to be funny because they weren't allowed to shock people with cuss words and discussions of lewd sex acts.

The first comedian was completely clean, no cuss words, no sex jokes, I could have taken small kids to see his jokes and they would have laughed.

Unfortunately, the other five were dirty, and it escalated to a point that is reaching way beyond what is acceptable, even in a society as perverse as ours.

The worst was a very good looking blonde woman, who made jokes about her dog going down on her.

Aliens from other cultures more advanced than ours would be right to assume our society is on the decline, and about to collapse.

Rodney Dangerfield threw in some dirty words, but he was funny. One of the best was George Carlin, even though he relied alot on politics, which actually made him unique I suppose. He would often curse, but there are many of his stand up sessions particularly older ones where he didn't curse much if at all.

I can handle some swearing, but constant cursing and offensive stuff isn't too funny to me, it's childish. Low brow humour doesn't appeal to me, this is where Dangerfield and Carlin are most interesting to me.

Robin Williams was hilarious also, and could act out his comedy onstage, but he slowly began to swear more as well, though again, not like todays comics.

People used to be more civilized. I look at old movies, like The Sound of Music, and I see them dancing Austrian folk dances, and I thought, "There used to be rules."

There used to be rules about dancing, and you had to learn these rules if you wanted to go to a party and dance.

Now, people just shake randomly and call it dancing, but it isn't. Without rules, it isn't dancing.

There used to be rules on how you treated women. You didn't cuss in front of them, you opened doors for them, you stood up out of respect when they approached your table, you kissed their hand. All this is gone.

All we have now is a combination of barbarism and decadence that is worse than both.

I hate the way our society has degraded, and I hold responsible the people who were supposed to make sure this didn't happen.

I saw those episodes. I don't remember the first guy at all, but I do remember the blonde, and also the big lesbian.

Forum List

Back