A little perspective on 2014 Senate

Watching all the insane crowing about an off year election, you have to consider the following.

President Obama got 69 Million votes in 2008 and 66 million in 2012. These are STILL the two highest vote totals ever achieved by ANYONE in the history of the United states.

So how many votes were expended to send knuckle-draggers to the Senate in nine states?

NCTillis1,413,269
COGarner965,496
LACassidy602,439
IAErnst586,921
ARCotton476,309
WVCapito280,123
MTDaines210,863
SDRounds140,721
AKSullivan110,203
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Grand total of all the seats that flipped?

Yup. less than 8% of what Obama got in 2012.

Wow, there are more votes in the 50 States than there are in 9 of them. That's fascinating Joe. Wow, how do you come up with that stuff?

Wow, there are more votes in the 50 States than there are in 9 of them. That's fascinating Joe. Wow, how do you come up with that stuff?

Yup. We had an election in 50 states and Obama won that one.

We had elections in nine states, and Republicans won them because most people didn't vote and a lot of people had no idea who they were voting for.

The latter does not invalidate the former.

We had elections in nine states, and Republicans won them because most people didn't vote and a lot of people had no idea who they were voting for.

So now Obama is dictator? What do we learn from this, grasshopper?

A do nothing Congress if far preferable to the one that "passed" obamacare.

A poor person without insurance would disagree with you.

But fuck them, they're poor, right?
Not at all. I have no desire to see people remain poor. I have no desire to see anyone without adequate health care. I have no desire to be forced to pay for feeding, clothing, housing or doctoring anyone either.

YOUR life is not my responsibility any further than I am willing to make it.

My 4th "project" has just left the guest cottage and moved into a nice rental that she helped remodel in return for a break on the rent. Project #5 is due here 12/1. Shannon will be the 5th person in need of a place to live with little likelihood of being able to come up with rent that I have invited to stay on my property in the last 5 years. So far, each one has gotten their lives on track and found their own way.

No one forced me to give of my time and money and inconvenience myself and my wife. I figured these people were worthy of the effort.

What have you done for the poor, Joe? I mean besides telling other people that they're selfish bastards.

We had 38 Senate races throughout the country, Joe. Why do you concentrate on just nine?
We had gubernatorial elections in 36 states. The GOP won the majority of those as well. There were House elections in all 50 states. The GOP added seats to their majority.
EVERYWHERE! the GOP gained ground. Even in states where Republicans have zero chance of winning, they received a higher percentage of votes than they did in 2012.
The elections were a referendum on obama. It's stupid and disingenuous of you to claim otherwise.

Why do you concentrate on just nine?
We had gubernatorial elections in 36 states. The GOP won the majority of those as well. There were House elections in all 50 states. The GOP added seats to their majority.
EVERYWHERE! the GOP gained ground. Even in states where Republicans have zero chance of winning, they received a higher percentage of votes than they did in 2012.
The elections were a referendum on obama. It's stupid and disingenuous of you to claim otherwise.

Because he's a kool-aid swilling liberal automaton. Obama gets credit for everyone who voted for him anywhere ever, the Republicans only get credit for the net votes in close States, and he seals it with the inherent truth of liberalism where everyone who didn't vote for them lied or was lied to.

Last edited:
No, this thread is about poor Joe's crying and butt hurt over losing the elections on the 4th and now 2 1/2 weeks later he is still crying and trying to convince himself it's all okay.

Yup, and today, you have your new Republican Congress sputtering because Obama just legalized 5 million new Democrats... er, undocumented workers.

We had 38 Senate races throughout the country, Joe. Why do you concentrate on just nine?

Actually, because you only really had 9 that were contests.

This is a referendum on why we probably need to get rid of midterms. NO one shows up for them, and we end up with a bunch of nuts, most of which we have to get rid of next election cycle.

Actually, because you only really had 9 that were contests.

This is a referendum on why we probably need to get rid of midterms. NO one shows up for them, and we end up with a bunch of nuts, most of which we have to get rid of next election cycle.
Get rid of midterms?

By that logic, just get rid of elections.

Most people don't vote anyway.

What have you done for the poor, Joe? I mean besides telling other people that they're selfish bastards.

Ernie the Racist, I think that's all that needs to be said. So you've helped five people. Big whoop. THere are millions out there because our society is the way it is. Private action won't fix the problems.

Not at all. I have no desire to see people remain poor. I have no desire to see anyone without adequate health care. I have no desire to be forced to pay for feeding, clothing, housing or doctoring anyone either.

YOUR life is not my responsibility any further than I am willing to make it.

And this is why I think you are a dumb ass Cleetus. You support an inefficient system because, Gosh Durn, you don't want no gummit telling you what to do!

There is enough money being spent in health care to cover everyone. It's just not getting where it needs to.

Every other industrial democracy spends about 8-11% of their GDP on health care and cover everyone.

We spend 18% of our GDP on health care, and 25% of Americans pre-ObamaCare had either no health coverage or health coverage that was inadequate.

we have the lowest life expectency and highest infant mortality rates in the Industrialized world.

But you don't got no Gummit telling you what to do!

Get rid of midterms?

By that logic, just get rid of elections.

Most people don't vote anyway.

Actually, most people DO vote in the Presidential elections.

We DO need to get rid of elections for shit like Park District and Water Reclamation and things no one cares about and don't do any research.

And we need to only have these election once every four years, all offices at once.

Forum List

Back