A LIBERAL'S view of Trump

* Donald Trump and his cabinet full of billionaire CEO types have made careers out of shipping American jobs offshore, and exploiting the American working class. If you think they will now all of a sudden going to do a "180" bring all those jobs back, and become the working man's friend, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.
Leaps and bounds better than populating his cabinet with ivory tower dwelling academics and brown nosers, whose exposure to how the real world works is extremely limited, if it exists at all. In this case, the CEOs have some knowledge as to the regulatory nonsense that has been at least partially responsible for offshoring.

* The world in in the information age, not the industrial age. Trying to artificially recreate those blue collar jobs from a bygone era that are now mostly done by robots is going to be nearly impossible.
We're also in the service age. But democrats are famous for belittling these professions as "burger flippers", when there are tremendous opportunities in fields like nursing, property upkeep and management, technicians, and the like.

* Solar and wind power is fast replacing coal and oil as energy sources, since they are now financially competitive, and more sustainable. It may make you feel good to run that pipeline through Indian country, but it's not going to create enough jobs to make a difference
Were this true, wind and solar wouldn't need obscene levels of taxpayer subsides. It might make you feel good to believe that those unreliable sources are more viable, but simple economics tells a far different tale. Until such a time as you can power things through harnessing gravity, the planet's electromagnetism, or some other zero-point source, hyrdrocarbon fuels are going to going to provide the most reliable and cost effective energy. Far more viable than blue sky environmentalist-leftist boilerplate talking points.

* "The Donald" has been complaining that Yahoo, Microsoft, and other tech giants don't employ enough Americans, not considering for the last 40 years the countries in Europe and Asia have invested in education, and are now far ahead of most American's in math and science, these tools are now the very ones tech companies seek. America's philosophy of "who needs education when you can blow up the world?!" attitude may need need to change.
Yahoo, Microsoft and other tech giants have fired Murican IT pros, in order to hire cheaper help from overseas. They've also forced them to train the newcomers, at the risk of losing their severance pay. For someone all bent out of shape about offshoring, you seem blissfully ignorant of this travesty. Let's hope it's not because the tech world overwhelmingly supports democrats.

* For the 8 years of the Obama administration, an average of 7 American's died each year as a result of terror related attacks in our country, as opposed to over 35,000 deaths per by traffic accident. Add old age and cancer deaths on to this figure, and ask yourself if this terror threat is as horrible as "The Donald" is trying to convince us it is.
For the entire 8 years of the Obama administration, a bomb dropped on foreign soil at an average of one every 20 minutes. Do you expect that the terror threat will become smaller by giving people a reason to hate Murica, then importing tens of millions of them?

Frankly, I think some good things might come from this Trump administration. Our trade agreements do need to be set up in a way to keep more jobs in America, and I can live with deporting illegal aliens with criminal records, but.....don't be surprised if these much ballyhooed jobs don't materialize in big numbers, like "The Donald" promised. Market forces create jobs, not gerrymandering by our government.
The last president was openly hostile to market forces. Job numbers can't help but get better, for no better reason than having a regime in place that is business friendly.
I don't like you, but I'm forced to give you credit for being man enough to debate a topic the right way. The more this country communicates like that, the better off we'll be.

Basically their view is that there does not need to be any proof of anything. Just assertions are enough to back up any claim...

Solar power is competitive in Alaska, because they tell you it is!
I'm a Catholic! Guilt, Sin and Blame, is how I roll.

That is how america rolls, and the beauty of that whole shtick is no one ever has to accept any responsibility for anything.

* Donald Trump and his cabinet full of billionaire CEO types have made careers out of shipping American jobs offshore, and exploiting the American working class. If you think they will now all of a sudden going to do a "180" bring all those jobs back, and become the working man's friend, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. It's common sense. They shipped offshore because it penciled out to do so. They were operating within the law. In other terms, they're competent.

* The world in in the information age, not the industrial age. Trying to artificially recreate those blue collar jobs from a bygone era that are now mostly done by robots is going to be nearly impossible. Agreed. There are also too many people.

* Solar and wind power is fast replacing coal and oil as energy sources, since they are now financially competitive, and more sustainable. It may make you feel good to run that pipeline through Indian country, but it's not going to create enough jobs to make a difference. Who said it would? LOL at make conservatives feel good. Makes you feel good to say it.

* "The Donald" has been complaining that Yahoo, Microsoft, and other tech giants don't employ enough Americans, not considering for the last 40 years the countries in Europe and Asia have invested in education, and are now far ahead of most American's in math and science, these tools are now the very ones tech companies seek. America's philosophy of "who needs education when you can blow up the world?!" attitude may need to change. Our education system is trash not because of cash, but because of liberal policies and liberal class settings.

* For the 8 years of the Obama administration, an average of 7 American's died each year as a result of terror related attacks in our country, as opposed to over 35,000 deaths per by traffic accident. Add old age and cancer deaths on to this figure, and ask yourself if this terror threat is as horrible as "The Donald" is trying to convince us it is. I see. So you're on the side of reactive as opposed proactive. That should work well when a terrorist uses chemicals, biological or nuclear weapons on Americans. It's not a matter of if but when.
That's the way you do it! Although I may disagree on a few points of yours, kudos for showing others how its (debating) done.

What ever happened to all the William F. Buckley conservatives? I miss them.

They "found" Jesus.

I don't like you, but I'm forced to give you credit for being man enough to debate a topic the right way. The more this country communicates like that, the better off we'll be.
He asked honest questions and made relatively sane -albeit somewhat ill informed- statements, rather than resorting to the hysterics, hyperbole, and idiotic baseless recriminations that are the norm around this dump.

I tend to respond in kind.

He asked honest questions and made relatively sane -albeit somewhat ill informed- statements, rather than resorting to the hysterics, hyperbole, and idiotic baseless recriminations that are the norm around this dump.

You shold consider having a word with Don on that topic.

You didn't respond to my "inane leftist drivel" that way.

You're a billo racist!

You libs still don't get it, the American people rejected you this isn't about Trump. You can attack president Trump all you want but your fight is with the American people who rose up and destroyed you and the Democratic party.

You libs still don't get it, the American people rejected you this isn't about Trump. You can attack president Trump all you want but your fight is with the American people who rose up and destroyed you and the Democratic party.
How can that be true when you lost the popular vote?

The liberal mind is limited and incapable of thinking for itself and this thread proves it. For the sake of our country and the civilized world, their power must be limited as well.
Because we all know what free thinkers DEPLORABLES are. You schmucks have believed every one of Trump's lies. Every one.

Didn't you hear from Trump he didn't lose the popular vote?
Would he lie?

They "found" Jesus.
Don't tell me they found HIM at Jesus Camp?

Many folk do not go looking for Jesus to find anything, they go looking to hide behind him.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry M. Goldwater

Many folk do not go looking for Jesus to find anything, they go looking to hide behind him.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry M. Goldwater
These bullshit Christians from the bible belt just don't get it. You cannot be "for God" and "for war" at the same time. It doesn't work that way. You cannot carry a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. It's either one or the other, not both.

That is how america rolls, and the beauty of that whole shtick is no one ever has to accept any responsibility for anything.
They will on Judgement Day. It's quite a bummer to live your entire life that way, then in the end, find out God doesn't like you!

Sorry, I don't buy into this male dominator god perceptual reality, so I don't feel any need to quibble over "which" side "he" might favor more so than the other. And I don't buy into this "left vs. right / reps vs. dems" mind trap.

Barry M. Goldwater
These bullshit Christians from the bible belt just don't get it. You cannot be "for God" and "for war" at the same time. It doesn't work that way. You cannot carry a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. It's either one or the other, not both.

America was built upon the myth however.

Because there wasn't a popular vote election or campaign. That would be like getting your ass kicked 42 to 3 in a football game but claiming you won because you had more rushing yards. You libs really need to learn the difference between winning and losing. :laugh:

Forum List

Back