A liberals view of "Conservatism".

The term " CONSERVATIVE " is too broad to generalize.

What self proclaiming conservatives believe depends on what KIND of conservative they are.

The same could be said about LIBERALS, too.

My impression is that this place doesn't have many conservative conservatives.

Mostly this place has conservative trolls, rather than honest conservatives

Their goofy POVs don't really describe most real conservative or GOP views.
It's funny when leftists make such grand pronouncements when they, like the idiot OP, couldn't pick conservatism out of a lineup. :lol:

So it's your position that every conserveative thinks exactly alike on every issue, is it?

I think you're wrong about that.

I think there are many many issues where conservatives do not agree.

There's the FAITH BASED fundamentalist conservatives who want to insinuate their religion into our laws.

There's the LIBERTARIAN ATHETIST conservatves who object strenusously with the FAITH BASED cons.

There's big international trade conservatives who love FREE TRADE.

There's American Firsters Cons who absolutely HATE Free TRADE.

There's CONS who want to legalize marijuna, and there's CONS who want to hang all dopers.

Shall I go on, Dave?

Or do you think I'm wrong about the differences I just noted within the conservative community?
No, conservatives don't walk in lockstep like leftists. And your impression about conservatives on this board is not based on reality.

The term " CONSERVATIVE " is too broad to generalize.

What self proclaiming conservatives believe depends on what KIND of conservative they are.

The same could be said about LIBERALS, too.

My impression is that this place doesn't have many conservative conservatives.

Mostly this place has conservative trolls, rather than honest conservatives

Their goofy POVs don't really describe most real conservative or GOP views.
It's funny when leftists make such grand pronouncements when they, like the idiot OP, couldn't pick conservatism out of a lineup. :lol:

When I watch "conservatives" on Fox, this is what I get from their political positions:

Conservatives insist they are for "individual freedom" and work tirelessly to limit women's rights, gay's rights and end anything "anti discrimination".
THE ENDLESS ANTI GAY RANTS AND BILLS ON LIMITING WOMEN'S RIGHTS.

When I ask Conservatives to explain their position, it's never clear. Their answers are things like "make better" and "go back to when it was better" and "bring God back".
THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT.

Tax cuts for the wealthy because they make jobs.
THIS IS ABOUT 90% OF THE REPUBLICAN ECONOMIC PLAN. HOW CAN THAT BE DENIED?

Morals MUST be legislated. Otherwise, people will run crazy and have sex everywhere if not stopped.
THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON IN THE MAJORITY OF STATES SINCE THE MIDTERM.

Science must be "balanced" with God.
CAN ANYONE SAY EVOLUTION AND CLIMATE CHANGE? BACHMANN ATTACKED VACCINES.

We need to return to a better time when blacks knew their place, women were in the kitchen, and gays were in the closet.
YEP, THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT. I READ THAT ABOUT GAYS ON THIS BOARD ALL THE TIME. IF THEY WEREN'T "IN YOUR FACE" BLAH BLAH BLAH. IN YOU FACE WORKS. ASK MLK.

Stop trying to rebuild America. If a bridge is needed, let the locals build it.
THIS MOVE TO BLOCK BUILDING AMERICAN INFRASTRUCTURE IS VERY CLOSE TO TREASON AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.
BECAUSE REPUBLICANS ARE FOR HEALTH CARE? NOT LIKELY. THEY ARE FOR HEALTH CARE COMPANIES. BIG DIFFERENCE.

We don't need "facts". People are over-educated. Just use common sense.
I'M REPEATING WHAT I'VE READ ON THIS BOARD.

Democracy is good as long as it doesn't interfere with our Christian Values. Then we may need to "tweak" it.
REPUBLICANS HAVE INTRODUCED 42 BILLS TO CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION SINCE THEY'VE TAKEN CONTROL OF THE HOUSE. USE GOOGLE.

We need to "return" to basics in education (I can never figure out what that means. Our scientists are coming from somewhere. They didn't all get a private education.)
THIS CONSTANT RAG ON EDUCATION AND THE ONLY RIGHT WING SOLUTION IS A "RETURN". A RETURN TO WHAT?
Your perception of reality is vastly distorted. Nothing you report can be granted any credibility.

True story.

Correct, what is fair and right is the least of your concerns,

Then you admit that the left is driven by primary-school-level thinking. :clap2:

What is right and just is supposed to be the American way. You Conservatives are destroying America and what was once the American way for your own greed and selfishness.
I've seen your version of the American way. It came to a halt when the Soviet Union collapsed.

When I watch "conservatives" on Fox, this is what I get from their political positions:

Conservatives insist they are for "individual freedom" and work tirelessly to limit women's rights, gay's rights and end anything "anti discrimination".

When I ask Conservatives to explain their position, it's never clear. Their answers are things like "make better" and "go back to when it was better" and "bring God back".
THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT.

Morals MUST be legislated. Otherwise, people will run crazy and have sex everywhere if not stopped.

We need to return to a better time when blacks knew their place, women were in the kitchen, and gays were in the closet.
YEP, THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT. I READ THAT ABOUT GAYS ON THIS BOARD ALL THE TIME. IF THEY WEREN'T "IN YOUR FACE" BLAH BLAH BLAH. IN YOU FACE WORKS. ASK MLK.

THIS MOVE TO BLOCK BUILDING AMERICAN INFRASTRUCTURE IS VERY CLOSE TO TREASON AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.
BECAUSE REPUBLICANS ARE FOR HEALTH CARE? NOT LIKELY. THEY ARE FOR HEALTH CARE COMPANIES. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Democracy is good as long as it doesn't interfere with our Christian Values. Then we may need to "tweak" it.
REPUBLICANS HAVE INTRODUCED 42 BILLS TO CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION SINCE THEY'VE TAKEN CONTROL OF THE HOUSE. USE GOOGLE.

We need to "return" to basics in education (I can never figure out what that means. Our scientists are coming from somewhere. They didn't all get a private education.)
THIS CONSTANT RAG ON EDUCATION AND THE ONLY RIGHT WING SOLUTION IS A "RETURN". A RETURN TO WHAT?
Your perception of reality is vastly distorted. Nothing you report can be granted any credibility.

True story.

How is it wrong? If it's so distorted, the answers should be relatively easy. Fact.

The whole 'discovery of America' was funded by the aristocrats to find slaves and gold. We have plenty of information on the indians, much of it coming from the diary's of columbus and of religious figures through the time.

So you use a lot of drugs, don't you?

Columbus was funded by the Spanish Monarchy to find a route to the West Indies in an attempt to undercut the monopoly that the British "East India Company" had on spices. It had not a fucking thing to do with "slaves and gold."

Columbus never set foot on the North or South American continents. The Indians of Hispaniola were vastly different than what would later be encountered in North America, or in Central America.

You are 100% full of shit. Why not learn just a smidgen of history?

Never mind, you prefer your fantasy to reality.

The slaves and gold part were a result of his discovering the Americas.

The whole 'discovery of America' was funded by the aristocrats to find slaves and gold. We have plenty of information on the indians, much of it coming from the diary's of columbus and of religious figures through the time.

So you use a lot of drugs, don't you?

Columbus was funded by the Spanish Monarchy to find a route to the West Indies in an attempt to undercut the monopoly that the British "East India Company" had on spices. It had not a fucking thing to do with "slaves and gold."

Columbus never set foot on the North or South American continents. The Indians of Hispaniola were vastly different than what would later be encountered in North America, or in Central America.

You are 100% full of shit. Why not learn just a smidgen of history?

Never mind, you prefer your fantasy to reality.

The slaves and gold part were a result of his discovering the Americas.
In the sense that the former came before the latter, yes.
As far as cause/effect: fail.

Conservatives are always complaining that liberals have them all wrong. They will say they are the party of "moderate spending" even though it's under Republican presidents the deficit has exploded. And we can point to what the money is spent on. Things like Iraq and huge tax cuts for the wealthy. What have Democratic presidents spent money on? Republicans will say they give it away to poor people.

So, this is THIS liberals view of what it means to be a conservative:

I just wish conservatives would explain to me where "education" and "science" fits into their philosophy. What does it mean to the right to be a conservative? Unless I nailed it.

Your uneducation is glaring in this post as well as your political ignorance...

Then you admit that the left is driven by primary-school-level thinking. :clap2:

What is right and just is supposed to be the American way. You Conservatives are destroying America and what was once the American way for your own greed and selfishness.
I've seen your version of the American way. It came to a halt when the Soviet Union collapsed.

My version is how America was when it was a great country.

And what proof do you that it is not true, and what you believe is true?

I prefer history to fairy tales.

Zinn's collection of fables and myths is less accurate as a representation of American history than the "Harry Potter" saga is.

It isn't that Zinn was biased in the recounting of history, it's that he fabricated out of whole cloth. It has no validity at all.

THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT.

True story.

How is it wrong? If it's so distorted, the answers should be relatively easy. Fact.
Except you're not interested in listening to anything but the voices in your head.

And they're full of shit.

My version is how America was when it was a great country.
You're nostalgic for a nation that never existed in North America. Well, except for Cuba.

Forum List

Back